SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

strange email

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
tomfoolery
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm new to this, but just got a strange email as follows, titled as Gold Dust for Sale:

Attention please, I am Mr.YUSUF MUSA,a minner working with the ministry of natural resources of my country.Life in the mines is quite a dangerious one as some of us sometimes die in the mines while the government and its cohorts enjoy the proceeds at the expense of our lives. To this effect therefore,some of us who have the mind have decided to some 250 kilos of 22 karat gold(both gold bars and alluvial gold dust are available) Sell it and run to foreign countries with our families.The price of the gold is $5000 per kilo. Considering the secracy involved in this kind of deal,we are scared to contact anyhow person.But,we have contacted you with the hope that you will keep the secrecy at the sametime assist us to either sell the gold or buy it from us. If you are serious and ready to buy from us or assist us in getting capable buyers. kindly show your interest by replying this mail For security reasons we will at this time communicate via e-mail considering the security reasons involved until we know actually that you are with us then we will give you a contact telephone number.([email protected]) We have to inform you that some top officials of the mines are involved and will assist to produce all necessary documents which will back up the gold as one that has legally and directly bought from the ministry of gold and natural resources. This therefore makes this a 100% risk free deal. and be inform that this from the office of the chief security officer of burkina faso. Get back to us as quickly as possible so that we will move the gold out in alluvial dust or bars depending of the one that you will need. Waiting to hearing from you soon. Mr.YUSUF MUSA Burkina Faso West Africa
Has anyone heard of this bloke? He has sent me a few emails now and I just keep deleting them. I am assuming it's a scam and haven't replied as yet. Any advice to stop them coming, should I contact Yahoo France and let them know, thanks in advance.
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Tomfoolery, welcome to the eater.

That's an often seen gold dust scam, if you use the search function you'll see that they come up from time to time.

What were you aiming to do with this? Bait it? Or publish it for others to bait?

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
tomfoolery
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the welcome mate, not sure what to do, I'm new to all this and thought maybe I should get this guy closed down somehow 'cause it's starting to annoy me. I get these all the time, lottery winning (even though I have never taken a ticket) long lost relative dying and getting inheritance and so on, you have probably seen them all. I keep deleting them but they keep on coming. Even my kids are getting them now. What's the most effective way to stop them? You guys are the experts, for sure!
tomfoolery
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dang went through twice
January
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

tomfoolery wrote:
What's the most effective way to stop them?

I suppose you are talking about stopping the spammers? It is probably impossible to stop them, unfortunately, for several reasons, there are just too many people and too much money involved.
The best way is to ignore them and warn your family about it. A lot of people get fooled, even intelligent people. Just ignore and delete those mails and you're safe. Fore more information, click here.

Still, you are welcome to join the forum and start baiting them, it is a fun way to waste their time and resources. But be warned, baiting is addictive! Wink[/url]

Safari = Rev T0UR3Y - From Conakry GV to Monrovia LI and environs (960km) - 5imba Liberia Camp - "my friend who is with me sold his shoes and telephone to enable us go back to Monrovia since there is no money left for us" (current status: still in Monrovia, but nothing interesting is happening)

[ <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=125498">Eater University</a> - <a href="http://formcentre.download.your-mail.com/">Forms</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028">Premium</a> - <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=142769>Tools</a>]
Duckmeister
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Even if you contact Yahoo and they close that account (which is extremely unlikely), the scammer would only open another account and carry on.

As above, best thing is to read up on ALL the good advice given here and either join in the baiting or just block/delete the emails.

I get 20 or so a day (if I've won that many lotteries, why am I still broke Smile )

Nigeria Benin United Kingdom Australia Malaysia Mortar x5

YOU WIL NEVER TOUCH MONEY AGAIN BITCH SEEUM THIS IS YOUR LAST MONEY UNTIL 2010, WATCH ... the erudite Barbara Johns0n, Bank Manager.

YOU AND YOUR FATHER AND FAMILY GO DIE FOR SUFFER , YOU GO DIE FOR CAR ACCIDNT BASTARD THIEF , YOU WANT TO USE THIS SYSTEM TO STEAL FROM DR D*****N ,
YOU GO DIE FOR POVERTY -Prince ben Oma

I THINK YOU DON SPOIL MY KOREA MAN WHEY WANT TO PAY ME 2,000$ WAIT FOR YOUR REWARD . NA SO NIGERIA PEOPLE DEY HUSTLE ? . I GO GET YOU DOWN , LET US WAIT AND SEE - Prince ben Omar (again)
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The main reason we don't get mail accounts closed is that it won't have any affect on the scammer or reduce the scam mails you receive. The scammer will open up a new account in minutes, though I'm sure he has many available to him already, and your addie is already on a list somewhere that will cause you to get more.

It used to annoy me a lot too. Now I annoy the hell out of them, which is far more effective. I have just responded to just under 200 Lotto scam mails today, and the small selection of the death threats I receive makes it all worthwhile. Now I can't wait to get them and bring misery into their obnoxious lives.

The second reason for NOT closing their addies is that once I, and other baiters, have them snared, it is preventing us from continuing to inflict further pain on them. It is not unusual to exchange 30+ mails with them, making them perform like idiots to my deranged and annoying demands.

When scammers mail me - they are the ones who suffer.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
tomfoolery
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

wow you guys are good to carry on doing this, I didn't realise someone was trying to take these fakers down. Don't have the time to do it at the moment but will spread the word about your board to others I know that are having the same problems as me. Kudos to you all.
duke_bruin
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

At $5000/kilo that's $142.05USD/oz. Just 2 days ago Gold was trading at over $900USD/oz.

What a steal! You'd have to be a mugu to pass this up.

Rolling Eyes

EDIT: source http://www.amergold.com/
tomfoolery
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

mate, I'm not going to fight you for it, it's all yours...
scambuster3
Elite Baiter

Location: South East tip of Australia Down under, where a Dingo ate my Lads WU slip

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe I can get my dentist to put some of that gold in my teeth

Bank accounts sent to mysterious Alan = 477

Winner of Inspector Gadget 2009 fake checks contest, thanks IG
Winner of Inspector Gadget 2008 Bank account contest, thanks IG

"You are going to scam your passport page "
"CENTRAL BANK OF NIGER1A has scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content."
"The Central Bank of Nigerian will put you in jail for life. You must return that money or you will face a brutal consequences."
"I KNOW U ARE JUST A TIME WASTER AND A BULL SHITTER."
"Hope you are not a joker because I don't waste my time and job on jokers"
"Time wasters are not authorized to contact us"
Closed lad accounts
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic