SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Online Dating Sites

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
KissinTheWind
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You guys are too funny! I have been on a very popular dating site for about two months and have been hit on by three possible scammers (One guy completely ticked me off by pretending to be an Army guy stationed in Iraq!) I have been simply closing the matches but after reading your posts I am wondering if I am missing out on something fun!

Can a person do something like what you all are doing on a much smaller scale? Something that would just lead them on a bit without getting completely involved? Is this dangerous?

Anybody have any tips for a single girl looking for a little "innocent" fun?
Duckmeister
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi & welcome to the Eater.

Get yourself a safe email (gmail or hushmail - anything that strips your IP), read the stickies, sign up for a mentor and bait safely! Smile

One of the more experienced baiters will be along to give you further advice but this is a good starting point.

Above all, have fun. Very Happy

Nigeria Benin United Kingdom Australia Malaysia Mortar x5

YOU WIL NEVER TOUCH MONEY AGAIN BITCH SEEUM THIS IS YOUR LAST MONEY UNTIL 2010, WATCH ... the erudite Barbara Johns0n, Bank Manager.

YOU AND YOUR FATHER AND FAMILY GO DIE FOR SUFFER , YOU GO DIE FOR CAR ACCIDNT BASTARD THIEF , YOU WANT TO USE THIS SYSTEM TO STEAL FROM DR D*****N ,
YOU GO DIE FOR POVERTY -Prince ben Oma

I THINK YOU DON SPOIL MY KOREA MAN WHEY WANT TO PAY ME 2,000$ WAIT FOR YOUR REWARD . NA SO NIGERIA PEOPLE DEY HUSTLE ? . I GO GET YOU DOWN , LET US WAIT AND SEE - Prince ben Omar (again)
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater, KissinTheWind. There are a lot of people here that bait romance scammers. I'm sure that someone will be along shortly to answer your questions, so please feel free to post them. Very Happy

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome KissinTheWind!

I'm on a much smaller scale and have a blast. We are not graded here and every little bit helps. Wink

It can be dangerous if you are not baiting safe.

Read all the stickies, ask for a mentor and join in. Very Happy

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122306

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's not scale that matter's it's how you use it Wink

As all above have said "BAIT SAFE"

with that said. go for it. Love scammers are a very slow lot to get started with primarily as they are trying to build up trust in the victim.
Just wasting their time is the greatest start you can do. The more emails they get from you the less time they have to read and respond to real victims.
Play it straight. Drag them out as long as you can.

Once you have one on the hook just role play, create a character and have some fun. be that evil teacher from high school or whatever

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow! I started with "our army guy" with a different email address and he acted as if he actually missed me! He has no clue as to who I am!

He asked how I was and I replied that things were great and, as a matter of fact, I got a promotion (which included a great raise) and that I was excited as to my next "life adventure."

He is freaking using our troops to further his own purpose! I would SO love to... hand him over to al qaeda

What should I do now? Just act lovey dovey? How long until I can ask him to shove an F15 up his butt??? Razz
KissinTheWind
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

~ harrya,

Oh. Ummm, did I mention that I DO work for a high school. In a convent. Think I can convert him to christianity??

Meh. I think since I met him on eharmony I should play this straight for the moment. I am recently divorced from a police detective so I may have a few tricks up my sleeve. Oh yes, I think this may be loads of fun!

Let's see how this plays out, shall we?
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good luck with him.
Baiting straight is the best way to start.

I'd be asking for lots of pic's of him and his buddies.

Do you have any emails from him ?

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Kissin! Welcome to the fun.

Post up his intro or a copy of your chats . . . but be sure to edit out any information that a google search might cause to spoil your bait. Like if you were using the screen name KissinInTheWind to bait and your lad decides to check you out and does a google, your posts here would turn up for him. You don't want to spoil it until you're done playing with him.

Also, eHarmony is a paid site. That means that the dirt bag stole someone's credit card to buy a membership there. Report him to eHarmony so they can shut his profile down. You'll probably need to forward his email with the headers to admin at eHarmony. It's even easier to shut them down if you can find where he stole his profile photos from.

One last thing, please post his full email address and maybe a link to his eharmony profile, on scamwarners.com. This is where we want other women to find him when he hits on them. Have you googled for his name and screen name yet? It might already be out there listed as a scammer already.

Oh! I guess that wasn't one last thing after all. Post his details up here if you wouldn't mind some of us here going after him too. We try not to dogpile all at once on a lad so they don't twig, but a couple of us comparing notes on what we're getting is fun. When you post his name and email, obfuscate it in some way so that a google won't send him here if he searches for himself one day. Like if his email address is [email protected], post it as r 0 bb i n william5 @ yahoo.com. You get the idea.

Have fun!

My agent had a tribble actident.. he die on the process. ~M0s3s Ih3kw04b4

We two make compactible lovers. ~B!ll!e Vl4d!m!r J0nes

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)

Last edited by OldBaglady on Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Kissing

Welcome to our 2nd lives.

Scambaiting is very addictive, it can be loads of fun and we know that what we do does save people from becoming victims.

Some of those here have come here through searches trying to help their friends others have been targetted and some have been scammed

While what we do is fun, thee is a very serious side, lads sit in internet cafes and while there they send out many emails, they, they create a whole range of dating profiles and spend countless hours trying to coax in victims. For every email they read and reply to you, that is one less email of a potential victim that they will have time to read and reply to.

Baiting safely is one of the areas that we promote and insist on, while the chance of having a lad knock on your door is remote, we dont take that risk.

Many of the experienced romance baiters here a short while ago put together some usefull information for romance baiting it is located at the top of the romance forum, you can also find it in my signature line or to be even more helpfull I have placed a link HERE

If or when you do get a mentor they will appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to learn from the stickies and thus avoid the most common questions.

Of course if any of it does not make sense or your questions are not answered then post in here and someone will have an answer for you pretty quickly.

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
When you post his name and email, obfuscate it in some way so that a google won't send him here if he searches for himself one day. Like if his email address is [email protected], post it as r 0 bb i n william5 @ yahoo.com. You get the idea.

Posting the email address that way also means potential victims can't find the information.

As long as baiters do this to protect the bait, you will always be accused of just amusing yourself. Want to do the most damage? Post the email addresses publicly. Potential victims do find it. You're more likely to cheat them out of some paydays that way than playing the little 'protect my bait' game.

Sad

<A href="http://www.dragonladies.org/bbs">Dragonladies.org</a>
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^I do agree, however so long as you publicly post the details at places like scamwarners, romance scam or romance detective, the more places the better, then protecting your bait here will not be a problem.

While baiting is fun, our main goal has to be to make it harder for scammers to operate and to save victims from being scammed.

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree Murry and I hope I made it clear. This is a baiting site primarily. I do try and post romance scammer's information on other places on the net. But I once googled the name of my favorite bait . . . which is long term and still going even now . . . and it led me straight to Eater. I had to strip out my post, but the damage was done. It's cached with Google. Fortunately the lad hasn't looked himself up . . . yet.

All it would take is for one victim to tell him, "Hey I found you here," and show him the link and 6 months of baiting could come to a screeching halt. I deleted the name but couldn't alter the other posts in the thread that talk about events with this lad that would allow him to conclude that I am not his rich fiancee about to marry him in Egypt.

My agent had a tribble actident.. he die on the process. ~M0s3s Ih3kw04b4

We two make compactible lovers. ~B!ll!e Vl4d!m!r J0nes

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Most won't look. If you don't use your baiting name as your user name here, or post specific details about your bait, they won't know who is posting this.

Don't forget they are dealing with lots of victims...

<A href="http://www.dragonladies.org/bbs">Dragonladies.org</a>
daTrix
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Guy stationed in Iraq you say? Through eHarmony? What a coincidence.

Was his e-mail: mili 4 lov @ yahoo.com ? <*note - remove the spaces>
KissinTheWind
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry it has been awhile since I visited. Life!

His address is nerou 15 [at] yahoo (there is a dash between nerou and 15)

His second reply to me was simple, "Am very happy hear from you.by the way i hope to chat with you if you really have the time.you sound nice to me and i really looking for photo of you if you really have some to share with,i will be happy to have you photo on my computer.you can ask me anything you want to know.i will tell you.take care

Ernest"

I am using the name Katrina (because I love that name, she was a best friend in jr. high). I have a series of photos of someone who is deceased, I wonder how ethical it would be to use those to send him? How do I ask him for photos? Just flat out?
redshoes17
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You are going to be getting fakes unless you can finesse him. Give him hints about what the photos should look like. You want him wearing civilian clothes because you don't want to think about him being in danger. If he complains he doesn't have a camera remind him that every unit has a photo journalist assigned whose job it is to take pictures and everyone knows that each tank contains a scanner.

Safari Dan Benin City to Lagos
Safari ARK Tamale to Kumasi
star Hello Kitty! Mortar x41
I don't need you alone for sex. w1l13

i was ashamed this money money was not in the system when we got there to cash it,it made me and my family lawyer look like little children Godwin

'because no one want your progress not every one want your goat to give birth to twins as the man who see tomorrow told me when i visit him in the shrine Godwin

i was rubbed by rubber last friday, they collectted all my money and my phones.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic