SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Innocent 3rd parties

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
US_Spook
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is an interesting thread, and sorry to threadjack it...but...someone suggested we send them to MG. Both of my baits are trying to get me to MG them the money. Can they check it online or by phone to verify?

So why highjack the thread then feel sorry? Rolling Eyes - drwho
kurat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

MOneyGram doesn't provide the option to check it online, so they always go to the office.

Cellphone x107
"I believe that you would not want to hear more of a lawyer language and grammars" - Saint Patrick
"so for my lawyer I want to also seriously sit on the emails I have received" - Mrs. N1na M1lha
"If i don't see you guys today.I probably would starve and have no where to sleep as i cant access my account here while some are low on cash" - Jo3l Akum1ah
mathias
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I love ethic`s threads Laughing Laughing

Safari Safari Safari Goat Mortar x4 (2 MIA) Closed lad accounts x lots

Jolly Roger

BASTARD !!! U JUST DEY MAKE ME SPEND MONEY SEND CHECKS TO NON EXISTING PLACES OL BOY NO TRY ME AGAIN OH ABEG JUST FUCK OFF MAKE I WORK COLLECT MONEY..

go screw your mother fucking uncircumcised rotten dick on your bedroom wall and die slow *DELETED* because you don't even worth a second out of my time

now you have taken me to a far area from my place ... I have to sleep under the bridge today ...

Vcamera
BobCat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

IF WU is not an ITP, can the same thing be said about MoneyGram?

What about the other wire transfer services?

What about Banks who handle bank-to-bank wire transfers?

" I THINK WE HAVE TO PUT END TO THIS GAME,AND REASON WHY I SAID THIS IS BECAUSE I CAN NOT CONTINUE WITH GOING TO WESTERN UNION" Dr Bens0n
"DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT TAKE TO GET A MAGA IS NOT EASY MAN, IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE CAUSE ME FOR TWO WEEKS NOW I CAN PAY MY HOUSE RENT THEY ARE ABOUT TO SEND MY FAMILY OUT OF THE HOUSE WE LIVE" Dr @d3kun13 Bens0n
"I THOUGHT I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU WANTED WHY ARE YOU STRESSING US OUT." - Mu$@ H0us3

Closed lad accounts x 24 United Kingdom x1 Cellphone x2
kurat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@bobcat,

No they are not, since this is all part of their daily functions.
It's like asking if Yahoo is an ITP, since we send bait mails to their servers.

Cellphone x107
"I believe that you would not want to hear more of a lawyer language and grammars" - Saint Patrick
"so for my lawyer I want to also seriously sit on the emails I have received" - Mrs. N1na M1lha
"If i don't see you guys today.I probably would starve and have no where to sleep as i cant access my account here while some are low on cash" - Jo3l Akum1ah
ladyreverenddr
Hello I'm New here!

Location: commuting between the manor, my parish, and the clinic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a question that is kind of off topic but still withing the overall ethics of "I"TPs subject.

My lad is insisting on a phone number and I'm thinking of giving them the phone number of the Westborough Baptist Church. They are the group that does the "God Hates F**s" protests at funerals of AIDS victims and veterans. Basically, I would have my lads waste their time crank calling the jerks for me.

Would this be unethical?

2891miles
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ladyreverenddr wrote:
Would this be unethical?

Yes, why don't you use the phone service of one of the eater members instead ?
kurat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This would ruin your bait btw.

IMHO, this wouldn't be unethical, but they still are ITP.

Cellphone x107
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The IPT rule refers to making people who are not aware of the bait, part of the bait story. If you tell the lad that the bus driver is a secret spy, sent to protect him - then you are making an ITP play a role he would not ordinarily play (even if it is only in the lad's mind). If, however, you tell the lad to take the bus - you are not putting any expectation for the bus driver to be anything other than what he is, a bus driver. In the case of Western Union, the employee's job is to check to see if the number the customer has is valid, and either give him money or tell him it isn't valid. This would be true regardless of whether or not you send the lad there. They are an ITP, but you are not involving them in your bait, which is the point.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

kurat wrote:
MOneyGram doesn't provide the option to check it online, so they always go to the office.

Or call on the phone. You can check them by phone too.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
US_Spook
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

jojobean wrote:
Or call on the phone. You can check them by phone too.

Really? DAMN! I went to MG and got me a 2cent transfer, I wanted to send him my 2cents. Sad

Now, he'll be able to call and verify the amount, before he drags his butt down to the MG.
kurat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have never had a lad call there...at least none have confessed.

Cellphone x107
callum
Director of Press Relations

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm posting here just in case the mod comment in my sig becomes relevant.

And to say that Search is not your enemy, Search is your friend. Search gets you pink ponies. Search saves everyones time. Search is good! Wink

x 2 teeny part of a large effort Mortar x29 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x5
Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009
rootuser
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Picking up what US_Spook said.
Can they check the amount of the transfer or only if there is a transfer with that number? That goes for both, WU and MG.

I wouldn't mind to actually send them 0.50HKD (given there are no fees I have to pay, but I guess there are) just to make them run to WU to pick it up.

"This is what i sent to them am not with any money to go back to nigeria pls help."

United Kingdom (0.25 go to fake_buster)

Safari x4 Wole A.: Akure, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, Akure, Nigeria to Tanguieta, Benin (both with Thomas-the-Tank and Simba), Akure, Nigeria to Kano, Nigeria (with TtT and OD), Akure, Nigeria to Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire (with TtT)

Mortar

pony pony
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerSkype Name
US_Spook
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There are fees. But I was willing to pay 9.99 for sending my 2cents.

Yeah I am dumb like that. Smile But I am curious if they can call and check the amount...hmm, maybe I should just call? And check on my own MG...
rootuser
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, 10USD is a bit more than I'd be willing to invest for that. Anyway, I guess here the prices are different. At lunchtime I'll have a look to see how much it costs here.

But anyway, would be good to know first if they can check the amount.
Would be so great to see the lad's face when the WU-guy gives him 10 Naira (given it's a Nigerian lad), for stick to my example of 0.50HKD...

"This is what i sent to them am not with any money to go back to nigeria pls help."

Safari x4 Wole A.: Akure, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, Akure, Nigeria to Tanguieta, Benin (both with Thomas-the-Tank and Simba), Akure, Nigeria to Kano, Nigeria (with TtT and OD), Akure, Nigeria to Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire (with TtT)

Mortar

pony pony
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerSkype Name
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This whole point was argued last year. If I can find the thread I'll post it.

Basically, although WU is a third party, they are in business to transfer money. the lad is sent there to collect money. Nothing else. It is the WU employee's job to provide the service the lad goes there for. So it isn't the same as sending a package to a hotel. It isn't their job to receive packages. It would be a third party involvement if you told the lad the WU service lady want to go out with him and he should ask her out. That would be an innocent involvement.

I read the other posts now and see that bearkat419 said the same thing. Sorry to be re-quoting him. It is an important concept to make clear.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
justinv
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Theres a sure fine way to eliminate 99% of the scams in Nigeria: Close down all WU and MG branches in the county. There are already companies that dont deal with any African countries because of the high volume of scamming activity so I think WU and MG should do the same.
Yes, its a sad fact but for the people in Nigeria who are legit they should just use direct bank deposit or payment by cheque or money order.
The fact is WU and MG should know better. They must get thousands of calls every day from angry victims and it must be having some effect on their intergrity.
I know they are only conduits, but they have the power to stop it in their tracks, because they would know what is going on. The fact is, they let it happen anyway because they ALSO make money from it.
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

rootuser and us_spook: You may want to rethink sending a legitimate MTCN to a lad. Yes, it would make you look like a more credible victim, but the lads could also recycle it while it's showing as a legitimate payment and send it off to victims to make themselves look more credible too.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
rootuser
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good point Ima. Thanks for this info.

Mortar

pony pony
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@justinv-

Do you really believe what you posted? If so, I'd encourage you to read a bit more.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

justinv wrote:
Theres a sure fine way to eliminate 99% of the scams in Nigeria: Close down all WU and MG branches in the county. There are already companies that dont deal with any African countries because of the high volume of scamming activity so I think WU and MG should do the same.

Good solution. Then the millions of people there who depend on support from relatives in other parts of the world can just starve, whilst the scammers move on to direct bank transfers (as many already have). Confused

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
BobCat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Or Paypal. Or scamming people by sending fake checks or using stolen credit cards, to buy something (without the "cash back" part)....

Never underestimate the scumminess of scammers. Just when you think they can't go lower, they get out the shovel and dig.
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Theres a sure fine way to eliminate 99% of the scams in Nigeria: Close down all WU and MG branches in the county.

So, your master plan is to put hundreds of MG/WU employees out of work simply because they happen to be trying to earn an honest living in the most corrupt country in west Africa. Nice! Crying or Very sad I wonder what they are going to do then?

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Tuco
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@US_Spook: Were you going to tell him what he can do with the 2 cents?

I know what I would tell him to do with one of them.

"Thanks for giving me a nauthy number that preys unit like a hungry lion." - Alise Kar1m
"I have called you more than 20 times but non of the calls went through." - Williams C0ker
"I've said in my previous mail that I do not understand English." - Cabinet Bad0u
"PLEASE MY CHAIRMAN, I AM NOT GREEDY, I LIKE TO WORK WITH YOU, I HAVE LOST MANY OF MY JOBS , PLS PLS PLS, I WILL WORK HARD WITH U." - Dr. Lui$ James
"There are two kinds of people in the world, my friend."
Closed lad accounts x8 (Thanks Corona)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic