SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Innocent 3rd parties

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
TheKnightWhoSaysNi
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We do not involve innocent third parties into our baiting, do we ? We dont give lads anybody's real addresses, phone numbers (not even pizza delivery service or police station Very Happy )...But what about sending them to Western union offices ? Isnt this involving third parties ? A lad comes there just because of us, and probably gets very angry there...maybe shouts at the WU's employees..who knows... Confused

"Would you run a race with a cheater ?" Jo3l Akumi4h
"You are refusing to think and that is what disturbs me." Jo3l Akumi4h
"I have mastered it all by being a victim." Jo3l Akumi4h
rootuser
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I guess the ITP-rule was made to prevent putting ITPs at risk, probably meaning that the lad might show up and go all Charly Manson on them, as unlikely it may be.
Western Union is a place he goes frequently anyway, it's his money-source. He might get angry and shout at people to check again and again if the transfer with that MTCN really doesn't exist, but he most probably won't do anything stupid there, as it'll get him into quick and 100% risky free trouble.
Also I'm quite sure that he knows that the WU-people don't mean it personal when they tell for the 25th time that there really is no transfer with that MTCN.

So much to my interpretation of the ITP-rule.

"This is what i sent to them am not with any money to go back to nigeria pls help."

United Kingdom (0.25 go to fake_buster)

Safari x4 Wole A.: Akure, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, Akure, Nigeria to Tanguieta, Benin (both with Thomas-the-Tank and Simba), Akure, Nigeria to Kano, Nigeria (with TtT and OD), Akure, Nigeria to Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire (with TtT)

Mortar

pony pony
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerSkype Name
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Are we not providing much needed employment to the communities by increasing the number of visitors to th WU offices?, I think so, everyone take a well deserved pat on the back clapping

pony pony Mortar x18
BobCat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Is it true that the WU or moneygram or whatever agent is an "innocent third party"?

Just how many Charles Soludos got transfers today in a certain Lagos agent's office? And how many of the ID's presented were real? Do all agents alert authorities to suspicious activity? Has there ever been any agent offices shut down due to scammer activity?

I don't know the answers. So I won't speculate. That way I don't get sued for libel Razz

" I THINK WE HAVE TO PUT END TO THIS GAME,AND REASON WHY I SAID THIS IS BECAUSE I CAN NOT CONTINUE WITH GOING TO WESTERN UNION" Dr Bens0n
"DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT TAKE TO GET A MAGA IS NOT EASY MAN, IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE CAUSE ME FOR TWO WEEKS NOW I CAN PAY MY HOUSE RENT THEY ARE ABOUT TO SEND MY FAMILY OUT OF THE HOUSE WE LIVE" Dr @d3kun13 Bens0n
"I THOUGHT I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU WANTED WHY ARE YOU STRESSING US OUT." - Mu$@ H0us3

Closed lad accounts x 24 United Kingdom x1 Cellphone x2
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ That's a very good point. And it's a very good question by the OP.

There are innocent third parties, (Think FBI, Pedro's Pizza etc) and there are some people who are indirectly involved whether they like it or not. (And here I'm thinking Western Union).

Western Union branches in Lagos, for example, have lads at their doorstep at opening time every day of the year. And it's not baiters that are causing most of that traffic, it's scammers. So are we necessarily involving a third party in Western Union? My own view is no. When a clerk gets abused by a lad, you can call it collateral damage if you like, but I tend to think it falls short of involving ITPs.

Just my view of course.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
e6ffdyr0
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I remember this was discussed with a very famous WU outlet where we sent a lot of lads. I guess that we have a relaxed attitude to this problem. At least dealing with fraudsters is the job of people at the bank. And the effect (arrests) justified the collateral anoyance of ITP. But sending lads phonebombing the pizza-taxi next door (only because the pizza arrived cold the other day) would have only a tiny effect on the lads (a few cents for the phonecall) and a massive anoyance for the ITP. So I guess the ITP rule (like all rules) will need some indvidual discernment as the case arises.

i DEY SHIT ON UR PAPA AND UR MAMA HEAD. iNSHORT I GO ASK RAT TO SHIT INSIDE THERE MOUTHS IF U KNOW DEY CAREFUL. AND U GO ROAT IN HELL FIRE YOU AND ALL YOUR FAMI;LY. (tunde aramide)

11x Cellphone
Pith Helmet Tamale -> Accra (4hm3d R4y4n K4d1r1)
Pith Helmet Hamburg -> Hannover (B4rry M3ns4)
J0shua Al4mu Th0mas & K3lvin Oz1ri (both courtesy of Prudential Ltd.)
Exclamation For reasons only known to myself, I have discontinued all my funbaiting efforts. Exclamation
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Western Union are aware of the problem with scammers using their facilities yet they have done nothing to close the loop-holes or prevent the lads from getting hold of cash.

In my opinon, they are not therefore an ITP. If anything, they are guilty of complicity through thier non-action and incompetence.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Been thinking about that too .. I don't have much scruples sending them there though. Just a bit of hassle from time to time doesn't weigh up against the money they make through their mugu clients.

Quote:
Thanks for your mail again today,Please I want you to know that I have tried all the western unions in the city here

What goes for Lagos goes for Dakar, right? Laughing

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)

Last edited by Dutch on Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's a definition to consider:

An innocent third party is a third party who is involved in the bait in some other role than their normal day-to-day business.

For example, you could send the lads to the pizza shop, but only if it was to buy pizza.

The grey line appears when they are unable to complete that pizza transaction because they have a counterfeit free-pizza voucher. The general opinion seems to be that that is the lad's problem. So long as the shop only sees one or two bad vouchers they are going to blame the lads for it and no harm will be done.

Likewise, WU is only doing their job, and they are not going to lose money when we send a lad there with a bad MTCN or a bogus form. More likely they are going to have a good laugh at his expense.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
e6ffdyr0
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^

I like this deinition and subscribe it. Leaves grey lines like "Is it the job of to call the police whenever a guy with a fake free pizza voucher enters their office? Wink

i DEY SHIT ON UR PAPA AND UR MAMA HEAD. iNSHORT I GO ASK RAT TO SHIT INSIDE THERE MOUTHS IF U KNOW DEY CAREFUL. AND U GO ROAT IN HELL FIRE YOU AND ALL YOUR FAMI;LY. (tunde aramide)

11x Cellphone
Exclamation For reasons only known to myself, I have discontinued all my funbaiting efforts. Exclamation
CowboyBuck
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's almost always the Lad who suggests Western Union.

United States United Nations
Ireland United Kingdom Switzerland Germany Netherlands France Italy Spain Ukraine
South Africa Nigeria Ghana Australia Japan China Malaysia
Argentina Columbia Panama
Right now I am getting pissed with your responses
And still you later claimed there are snakes on the road to the Western Union
Please for the sake of humanity help Mr. Felix and I to get this money
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You can't avoid playing the game with ITP or you have to bring the money over yourself, which I couldn't recommend to anyone.
By using the "normal" offices you keep the risk to a minimum for all parties. WU and MG have money there and they will have a safety system and possible even video. [they probably know the lad and play along anyway!] They should be prepared for anything and an angry lad isn't really a problem for them I think, there have been many Wink
I don't like to use real hotels or airports, but sometimes the story goes that way. All these people deal with the public on a daily base and should be prepared for anything. So I see no problem there, just don't give real names so their anger isn't directed to one innocent person.
I stick with banks and MG and use fake hotels, shops and other "needed" locations (with a pimp my phone backup) to wear them down.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think thud419 sums it up as clearly as it is possible to make it. I have had Lads got to hotels looking for people who aren't there, going to Western Union for payments that have never been sent and to airports to collects goods that don't exist, but they will only be using the staff there to do their normal everyday job.

You must also understand that in a hotel, WU or at the airport the staff will be in their own environment and in the case of airports and WU, will undoubtedly have ready access to security. Equally no Lad will want to be seen to be a fraudster, and after the intitial turn down, is unlikely to want to make a big fuss, or he will be remembered as a likely scammer, or get banned.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Bustyn_Yuhrass
Forever n00b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One could argue that WU is complicit in the crime perpetuated by the scammers, and as thus would not be considered an ITP. Although WU would like to appear as if it is addressing the problem, they really do very little in the way of preventing it. Is it their responsibility to do so? Perhaps not. After all, they are in business to make money, as are all businesses. So they assess the risk vs rewards of action or inaction, and make their business decisions accordingly.

We could also argue that we are merely assisting WU in identifying the criminals who are utilizing their services to perpetrate a crime. A WU attendant seeing an individual 10 or 12 times presenting a bogus MTCN will undoubtedly come to the realization that the individual is up to no good. Whether they act on it or not depends on whether the WU agent is indeed complicit or not. We all know that there are both good and bad WU agents out there.

Mortar x4

banghead
pony pony pony
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The employers are not put in danger nor are they inconvenienced. They put a number in there system and listen to the lad rant about how the money should be there. They probably get a laugh out of it.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TheKnightWhoSaysNi wrote:
.But what about sending them to Western union offices ?

The lad does not have to lift his arse to check on a WU transfer. He can do it online from the internet cafe.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
The lad does not have to lift his arse to check on a WU transfer. He can do it online from the internet cafe.

Exactly. And I also bet that they have contacts inside MG as well to check for a percentage of the take whether or not the mugu has actually made the payment. Basically, they just pick up the phone. Which raises an interesting question...does getting them onto Moneygram really does gets them off their lazy arses?</cynicism>

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Jigsaw Killer
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BobCat wrote:
Just how many Charles Soludos got transfers today in a certain Lagos agent's office? And how many of the ID's presented were real? Do all agents alert authorities to suspicious activity? Has there ever been any agent offices shut down due to scammer activity?

Bobcat summed it up in one.
Innocent Third Party
Check that first word there.
"Innocent".

Can you really say that about these companies in those countries?
Just a thought.
Betelgeuse
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Slightlyoutofit wrote:
Western Union are aware of the problem with scammers

I was asked to leave a WU outlet in a local grocery store for trying to stop someone from sending money to Nigeria.

The manager was very adamant that I never return there again. Bloody WU bastards deserve whatever they get!

B

[ <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12">Getting Started</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24605">FAQs</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413">Rules</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32877">Ethics</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122306">Request Mentor</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028">Premium Benefits</a> - <a href="http://www.scamwarners.com/">Refer Victims Here</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119780">Report Bank Acct</a> ] Mortar x25
kurat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Tommo

This may be true for some of the high profile lads. I believe most will still have to stroll to the office.

Cellphone x107
"I believe that you would not want to hear more of a lawyer language and grammars" - Saint Patrick
"so for my lawyer I want to also seriously sit on the emails I have received" - Mrs. N1na M1lha
"If i don't see you guys today.I probably would starve and have no where to sleep as i cant access my account here while some are low on cash" - Jo3l Akum1ah
TheKnightWhoSaysNi
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Betelgeuse

wow, really ? Shocked

"Would you run a race with a cheater ?" Jo3l Akumi4h
"You are refusing to think and that is what disturbs me." Jo3l Akumi4h
"I have mastered it all by being a victim." Jo3l Akumi4h
e6ffdyr0
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Betelgeuse

How could you have been sure it was in 419 business? Some people may send money to NG on totally legit purpose (e.g. to fund their relatives). It is obvious that breaking discretion is not wecome at a banks counter. So even if you have been right and tried in vain to warn a real victim ... i can understand their position. On the other hand, I used to think that Consumer Fraud Awareness Programme would have them to give senders some basic input on 419 schemes before the accept a payment to NG.

11x Cellphone
bunnyrabbit
lost in translation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually, I encourage my lads to yell at the WU clerk and make a scene. Most wouldn't do it but if they did, the WU clerk would be sure to call the cops on them.

"You are stressing us over the payment...and I myself is going crazy over this" --Jessica D0nald tries MTCN S3cur3
"YOU STEEL MAKIN THE SOME MISTAKE FOR THE PAYMENT SLIP YOU SENT US" -- J0hn Smith
"i want you to stop send us an email again because you have giving us a desegrace" -- Smitty
"OUR BANK IS ABOVE OF ALL THIS NOSENCE ART OK" -- J0hn Smith
"Please be serious and sincerely over this Mather, don't take this as a jocking Mather." -- Chicklets
Ari
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Devils advocate, possibly, but I'm a customer service rep, and often, the workers at the bottom of the totem pole can't change things. Have them yell at the manager (not the supervisor), who CAN change things.
Casual Occurrence
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sure, WU is a third party but as Slightlyoutofit, said, WU is not innocent.

Quote:
Western Union are aware of the problem with scammers using their facilities yet they have done nothing to close the loop-holes or prevent the lads from getting hold of cash.

"When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction." - Cathartic Kate

IF YOU MEET THIS MAN ON GROUND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RAIN ABUSES ON HIM...I WOULD ADVICE YOU READ AND TRY TO UNDERSTAND HIS E-MAILS VERY WELL BEFORE YOU START INSULTING HIS PERSONALITY. - Rev. Niklas

Thank you for your Undiluted Assictance and we hope to have a Lasting business relationship with you. - Hou Weijun

YOU ARE A F***ING BASTERD!!! - [Account reported] Dr. John E. Telex/Foreign Remitance Department

<a href="/forum/viewtopic.php?t=159622">Getting into collecting accounts from ASEMs? For a breakdown of a simple example bait: Click Here</a>
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic