SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

60th Birthday Present Ideas!!! Help Needed.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's my mums 60th birthday in a months time and being a bloke i have no f'ing idea whatsoever as to what to get her...

Does anyone have any idea what 60yr old mums want, need or like?
If it was any other birthday i'd have probably just asked her.

Any thoughts, ideas, links etc greatly appreciated.

My budget is $100 including shipping from this side of the "pond" to the other...

Thanks.

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Family pictures, grouped together in a nice frame, grand kid drawings, home video/dvd of grandkids/pets/wife and part of your live on the other side of the pond.

** Retired **

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Do you know anybody this side, relatives, friends etc, who can get some hints from her? That's usually the best way.

Not sure if it gives you any ideas, but my Mother in Law is mid 60's and lives alone, and she likes silver jewellery (Bracelets, ear rings and necklaces), cross stitch kits to keep herself busy, and DVDs to watch. She doesn't like ornaments as her house is already full of them. It just depends what she's into.

I also think that she'd probably appreciate the money so that she can buy whatever she fancies, that would mean she can have the whole lot instead of spending money keeping Mister Fedex in the manner he's become accustomed to.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Strongside
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.overthehillgifts.com/60birgifid.html 60th birthday gifts

You claim to be pure and never indulged in Juju, we shall see soon who will come beging for forgiveness, I cast you into the deapest hell and that is where you belong you Lunatic Monkey - Dr. James Carter

DIE NOW DIE NOW DIE NOW WITH YOUR WHOLE FAMILY USELESS MAN - Thambora Vwuku

what is ur problem u what do you do in life? pease dont worry me again otherwise u will die i wil reprot this mails to my boss. You are warned - Tony Kovan
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing Laughing
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There are websites/companies where you can take a special picture (old family picture, etc) and have it made into a throw blanket, coasters, etc. You can also take several pictures and have them made into a hard bound album as a keepsake.
A google search should find these for you. If you want more info, let me know and I'll find you some links.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm the unoifficial family historian by default, and I made my Mum a cd with all the pictures from when she was a girl back in 1930, with pics of her mother, and father, my Dad, my sister, our kids etc, where we grew up, every pic I could find actually, and sent her that for her 80th birthday last year.

My sis said that Mum was alternating between laughing and crying, oh well, she loved it anyway.

Just a suggestion

if it was me next year for my 60th, I've already told my kids I want a 250gig 2gig memory computer, with everything installed. I might get another book I think or more socks

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Got my mum a bottle of whisky, some ginger to put in it and a chinese takeaway.

Also did the grandkids pics in a frame which is cheap but the sentimental value is priceless.

Ask around the family for photos. its amazing how one realtive thinks the others all have what they have

Like Irish I'm our family's unofficial historian. Just sent my cousin pics of her with great -grandpaents which she didnt know existed
onatrek
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My folks love these photo books you can do online. Tons of sites have them, my favorite to use is mypublisher.com (it's quite quick to do and they come out great). I had done more recent books for them, then my grandparents were wanting them (the neat thing is you can do them in larger sizes, which worked great for my grandparents since they're getting older).

They were such a big hit with all of them, that for my folks now I started "in the beginning" for my folks, with their dating years and wedding and first few years of marriage. And I'll just keep doing the next in the 'stage' of life for whatever event arises that I'm doing a gift for one of them for.

They are thrilled, plus it preserves the photos far nicer, and EVERY time I see them (or anyone who knows them...and are all trying to get their kids to make some for them!) I hear about those books and how much they love them.

In fact, they were at the top of the stack of "must takes" during all the fire evacuations in California.

Mugu Reseller United Kingdom x239 Nigeria x28 China x8 United States x48 Togo x3 Spain x38 Germany x4 Benin x10 x13 Russia x4 Canada x5 Italy x3 South Africa x5 France x2
x5 Switzerland x7 Ivory Coast x5 Senegal x6 Malaysia x8 Ghana x6 Indonesia x2 Belgium x2 x2 Romania Netherlands Portugal Panama Ukraine Denmark Flag Monaco Sweden Flag Pakistan United Arab Emirates Saudi Arabia United Nations unknown x28 lithuania
wokabo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you can find it, a newspaper of her birth date 60 years ago, original or reprinted, is a great present.

Fight My Brute
Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Back in the 1960s my Mother used a hand lotion called "Desert Flower". It was made by the same company that makes "Old Spice". When the company sold its rights the new company stopped making the hand lotion. Often through the years my Mother would comment on how the current hand lotions just didn't measure up to "Desert Flower". So for her 85 birthday I went on a quest - I was going to find some of her favorite hand lotion.

I did lots of research, wrote to the company who currently has the formula and shopped on eBay. Ebay was a hit! I found a bottle of "Desert Flower" that didn't look to ragged. It cost me $12.50. I wrapped it in a pretty box with a pretty ribbon on top.

As we sat there watching her open her birthday presents I begin to regret that my box was among them. She was getting gift certificates, a stereo, a new tv, lounge recliner, etc. All I had was an old bottle of lotion. My gift was the last one to be opened. When she lifted the lid she started to cry and looked my way. Threw tears she simply said "thank you" which was enough to make me start crying. Then she got up and gave me a big hug.

Now every morning after her shower she opens her bottle of lotion just to smell it. It sits proudly on her dressing table. So what do you get your Mother for her 60th? Reach for the memories and laughter that you have shared throughout your life. Most older Moms are just happy spending time with their busy children. If you can't be with her in person make a video or dvd. It will mean more to her then anything else. Write a poem, do a special photo album; anything that touches her heart will be cherished. Smile

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic