SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Research Questionnaire

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jocasta
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am currently completing an Access to Social Work diploma which will enable me to study at University in Sept to get my degree in Social Work. I am doing a small research project as part of my course and the subject is "Is there a proven link between smoking Cannabis and Schizophrenia?"

I have produced a questionnaire and was wondering if i could bother people to fill it out for me. It is mainly questions regarding your opinion on the use of Cannabis and any information will be confidential and not used for anything other than my research project (i do not ask for any identifying information). It should take no more than 5 minutes of your time.

If anyone would like to take part, could you PM me an email address and i will send you the questionnaire in Word format

many thanks in advance
Jocasta

(Edited)

Last edited by Jocasta on Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would have been happy to help out but I'm not in the UK Very Happy

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am not in the UK, but I could be Wink

Without giving away too much I have smoked the occasional splif, and we dont have any problems at all Wink

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
Professor So And So
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Like totally man...The colors...

Wink

Safari - Mr. Neill - London, England - Glasgow, Scotland - "Yu are really causing confusions between us all."
Safari - William - Accra, Ghana - Maiduguri, Nigeria
Safari - Miracle - Benin - N'Djamena, Chad - "Too much mosquitoes"
Safari - Godspower - Ghana - N'Djamena, Chad
Golden Pith - Adamu - Lagos, Nigeria - Abeche, Chad (100 days in hell) - Shocked - "SAVE ME"
pony pony Pretty Rose Suitcase Mortar 17
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Murry didn't become 115 kgs for no reason Wink

Murry eventually learnt not to have copius amounts of ready to eat food available when smoking

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Murry Guru wrote:
Without giving away too much I have smoked the occasional splif, and we dont have any problems at all Wink

I don't think you have to smoke the stuff, to participate in the questionnaire Laughing

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Welsh boy
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think i can help there Smile
GordonBennett
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Is there a proven link between smoking Cannabis and Schizophrenia?

As a causal factor or a trigger? As the proud RL holder of a degree in Psych I seem to remember there is no question about it being a trigger; don't think it is a causal factor. No doubt you have been pointed in the direction of the many APA papers on the subject.

(Dr) Eliza Doolittle should help if you PM her; she is a little more hands on in that field.

I also seem to remember a link btween having flu in the 3rd(?) trimester and schizophrenia - ladies beware! - but I really can't recall the details: short term memory loss, you see Very Happy

Purple Flower
Jocasta
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
As a causal factor or a trigger? As the proud RL holder of a degree in Psych I seem to remember there is no question about it being a trigger; don't think it is a causal factor. No doubt you have been pointed in the direction of the many APA papers on the subject.

Argh! You are far too advanced for me Laughing I'm hoping to use the project to primarily learn "how to research" effectively. I have tons of info and reports, studies etc, i need to look at the info and present my findings in a mini-dissertation. Ultimately it's to prepare me for a 'real' research project when i start Uni next year. (i've had 3 interviews and 3 offers - woo-hoo)

I choose the study because of chatting with service users at a drop-in centre for a mental health charity (i volunteered there) who were suffering from Schizophrenia were convinced it was their years of smoking the weed. I'm kinda dedicating my first mini-project to those guys.

Cheers all for your help,
thedevguy67

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Jocasta

Interesting topic, especially with the causal link thing. Many would argue it triggers it, but on the other hand a few folks argue that mental illness causes drug use (i.e., self-medication). I'm not in the UK, but would be glad to fill one out.

I have a sex dull that will f*ck you till dead - Stanley Lee
You are dirty and castrated Goat - CC Jones
Go f*ck yourself because I know your mum is sucking Satan's penis - Peggy Paiser
You must be high on your mother's frozen menstruation! - Victor Evans

Jolly Roger Safari United States United States United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Ghana Nigeria Togo South Africa
Mortar x12 Golden Pig Closed lad accounts X 2525 X 100s
GordonBennett
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
to primarily learn "how to research" effectively
You ned the psych equivalent of the Google database - you need someone to alow you to access American Psycholgy Association (APA) papers. Any college with a psych course will let you that via the library (maybe)

Quote:
were convinced it was their years of smoking the weed
Of course, they may just be paranoid... Very Happy

Purple Flower
Afferbecklauder
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Jocasta

Check this thread out. Many of the posters in this would be well qualified to participate.
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=131095&highlight=nimbin

I will send a photo copy of your draft to your state security agent with all your information that you are using the money to finance TERRORIST in America that you have received one already, and you also involved in the slept 11 attack.
NA BABA GOD GO PUNISH INA LIVES ANY WHERE INA DEY PLUS
UR BASTARD GOMER COS IN NO BE MISTER ATALL U SILLY
SCOMBERGS U NA DEY CUTT MY JOBS ABI.NO WORRY I NO GO
TELL UNA AGAIN,BUT IF UNA TRY AGAIN UNA NO GO WAKE
FROM SLEEP THE VERY NEXT MORNING I MEAN U WILL BE
MURDERED WITHOUT WARNING THE VERY NEXT MORNING NINFO . Walter Savvidez

pony
thedevguy67

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
You ned the psych equivalent of the Google database

One great thing to use would be google scholar
http://scholar.google.com/schhp?hl=en&tab=ws

I have a sex dull that will f*ck you till dead - Stanley Lee
You are dirty and castrated Goat - CC Jones
Go f*ck yourself because I know your mum is sucking Satan's penis - Peggy Paiser
You must be high on your mother's frozen menstruation! - Victor Evans

Jolly Roger Safari United States United States United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Ghana Nigeria Togo South Africa
Mortar x12 Golden Pig Closed lad accounts X 2525 X 100s
Jocasta
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cheers everyone for all your help, much appreciated.
Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would tend to think that a) if a pregnant woman is smoking pot during pregnancy - she could increase her chances of having a baby with this - especially if there is a history of it in her family b) someone who has a history of it in their family may have it triggered by smoking the pot - especially within a few minutes after smoking it - lol c) some people could just be claiming to have this - - they get high - go take tests to prove they have it - and then get new meds to take and make them feel good (wooo hooo) -- but you know - too much L-Dopa - - and too little L-Dopa in the body can actually give you two different diseases - - Schizophrenia - - and Parkinson's! So, there is a link between the level of L-Dopa in the body and Schizophrenia. Of course we don't know ALL the factors. We can never say for sure that A cauases B - we can only say that there is a significant correlation between people who do A and the outcome of B. Or we could rule out that there is no correlation. So remember when you write that paper - your analyses "Suggest' a, b, c.....You don't "Find a, b, c"

vLad's ebay auction states "Wonderful seller! Thinks "out of the box" to get item to you."
<br>
starstar Ghana Easter Egg 2013

Vcamera <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsRobinson419"> Click to see the videos Ed sent me.</a><br>
<A href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/index.html"> Eliza's lad quotes, photos, and audio files</a>
Mortar x12
*this sig icon has been censored* <br><a href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/809104_ML.pdf" > click here</a> for a Bank Account Transfer Form.
Golden Pith
CowboyBuck
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I smoked it but didn't inhale.

United States United Nations
Ireland United Kingdom Switzerland Germany Netherlands France Italy Spain Ukraine
South Africa Nigeria Ghana Australia Japan China Malaysia
Argentina Columbia Panama
Right now I am getting pissed with your responses
And still you later claimed there are snakes on the road to the Western Union
Please for the sake of humanity help Mr. Felix and I to get this money
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic