SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

RivaTuner 2.07 is out!!! (NVIDIA card owners only)

View next topic
View previous topic

Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For all you PC gamers and video card junkies, RivaTuner 2.07 is out. It features a lot of improvements as well as overclocking compatibility with many of the newest NVIDIA beta drivers (which is what I really need it for). click below for link to download:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/RivaTuner-v2.07-download-163.html

A good place for laptop owners to download beta NVIDIA drivers would the following link:

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com

Now if you excuse me, I can finally upgrade to the 171 series and play Crysis with 6 or 7 more FPS Very Happy (overclocked of course).

DISCLAIMER: To all those who don't know what OCing is, that is simply using a program to change the registry value for the GPU clock speeds to higher than that of the factory defaults. If done irresponsibly, one can damage and kill their video card and/or computer (I have seen one person set her on fire). Use with caution. New people to OCing should look up some tutorials and experiment with it until they fine tune it just right. Also be aware of the GPU temperature and fan speeds as well as the hot air output.

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

i much prefer s3x in the 4ss - B4rrister 0luwa

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
Closed lad accounts x97 (Updated 02/20/09) pony pony
nobody3
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thanks for the heads up!

time for another gaming night to test that 2.07 version
h4x27h3m4x
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wahoo! Now I can over clock my...Video Card? Call me old fashioned, but I thought that was only done on processor chips...Don't think it matters, not with an 8800 Razz

Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Try playing Crysis on max res with 8x AA and DX10 Very High settings, then tell me you don't need to overclock Wink .

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ppf, buy a second 8800, they're hardly expensive Laughing

Seriously folks, to echo Ex, be careful. I turned a Radeon 9200 into a paperweight a few years back by overclocking and not adding adequete cooling. It's an expensive mistake so be especially careful with laptops as many of them are running underclocked cards in the first place to prevent overheating.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
h4x27h3m4x
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, on that note, I don't advise anyone to over clock anything without knowing what your doing.
I like the idea of getting a second one, I mean, I don't HAVE to go to school next semester Smile

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you can't afford to lose the card, don't overclock it. Sound advice. Smile

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari [email protected] & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & [email protected] - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Some tips for overclocking on laptops:

1.) Experiment with the clocks till you get as close as possible to the error generating clocks. Then take it down 20.

2.) Buy an external laptop fan. Most people do this even when they don't overclock.

3.) Buy a riser. These are less expensive remedies to the laptop airflow system, which involves rising the laptop up a bit, to increases the chimney effect used to cool most laptops.

4.) Or do what I do. Usually, since my fan assembly is all on one side of the laptop, I hang that side of it a bit of the edge. This provides maximum airflow and allows to clock pretty high without heating up too much. If you are using a surface where you can't be at the edge, use a book or something to sit under the side of your laptop without the fans and you will still increase airflow.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic