SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

HiFi headphones, try again...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Previously posted in 'I've been Johnned' due to senile dementia...

I just had to get out my old Sony headphones, that I bought in a sale as a student, when Sony was probably run from a wooden hut in Japan. They really are not up to it, and as uncomfy as an uncomfy thing.

Couldn't see much on eBay, other than phones made for spaced out DJ's and to plug in to iPods.

As Eater is a fount of knowledge on most things, any recommendations? I want comfy and hifi, mainly.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
BritInBE
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sennhheiser PX100 Brilliant sound, Folding, and they only cost me about 30 GBP ( a couple of years ago)
After I saw your post I took out my old Sony phone and compared them. 80s technology does not compare well against modern stuff Smile
Old No. 7
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Roy,

If the missus knew you were thinking about headphones before that bathroom's finished......... Very Happy

200+ sites killed, from these countries => United Kingdom Netherlands Russia Nigeria Switzerland Ukraine South Africa Germany United States Canada Senegal Benin Spain Ghana Ivory Coast Cambodia Flag United Nations

pony pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar

Like my flags? Want some of your own? Let justjay teach you how to kill sites here (clicky).

Hobbes may have retired, but get his brilliant WriteJunk here (clicky) and never touch a .dll again

Proud to be a mouth-breather who posted a load of shit, disappeared into the night but mysteriously reappeared after a long absence
Breddan Butter
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Roy,
If THESE are of interest to you, please pm me.

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

KOSS ans sennheiser are both exalant (oops the one brain cell that tells me how to spell just had fell a sleep

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
mrsbean
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A second endorsement for Sennheiser PX100 headphones here. I run with these four times a week, and they're fabulous. They fold wonderfully, and they are very sturdy and comfy and the sound quality is faboo.

I can't stand earbuds.

Straightbait

Nifty anti-scam sites of interest
Artists Against 419 | Fraudwatchers |Scamomatic | Scampatroll Scam Victims United | Fake Checks Dot Org
WhackMeister
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bought these a while ago from ebuyer - cheaper than Sennheiser (although they're nice) and comfy:

http://www.firebox.com/product/691

Surround sound works well with them and the mic is good quality. I think i paid less than 30 quid for them which was proper value for money.

Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sennhheiser PX100 are excellent for passive headphones. For active noise cancellation you might test out the Bose series and then try the JBL Reference 510.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
packman
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i tryed the bose..... they sucked

Closed lad accounts x3
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Some good suggestions there, but I want them mainly for watching TV when she's gone to bed, rather than something I can go jogging in.

@Britinbe, 1980's Sonys are modern compared to mine!!

Been looking at your choices, the Bose Triport ones are cool but expensive, if I can find them cheaper. Some confusion because they use the same name for in ear ipod type headphones, don't want them.LINK

Whatdya think? We have a Bose stereo in the bedroom I'm listening to now, the sound has always been superb.

The JBL 420 reference ones also look like the sort of thing I'm after LINK
I think the ones I want are over ear ones, so I dont get any leakage from outside world.

@ Packman, just seen your post, what was wrong with them? Were they the in-ear ones.

You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey

Last edited by Roycropper on Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Packman- Could be why I bought the JBL 510s. I would not say they sucked. They were OK but a lot more money. I also tried the Bose noise canceling aviation headset and even though they were very good I could not rationalize $1999.00 plus tax for two. I bought two Pilots because they were more comfortable than the industry standard David Clarks.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
breadcrumb
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Roy, I don�t know if the brand is available at your place, but look out for AKG headphones. They are very very good and high quality and I would prefer them over Sennheiser at any time:
http://www.akg.com/personal/powerslave,id,11,nodeid,11,pcategory,3,_language,EN.html

"your papa, i do you ok, you do fuck your self off goodday" Hitman lad to Usm4an B3ll0
"fuck you and your mumu family for ever andv ever, you go die for bicycle accident this year" Hitman to Usm4n B3ll0
"once again thank you for the disappointment and arranged confussion." Barrister Ise
"Do you said am stupid" lad posing as Mike Pence
Postcount doesn´t matter.
pony Rolling Eyes (Admin Certified)
9x United Kingdom 2x Spain Benin Netherlands Nigeria Switzerland
Mortar x12
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have set up an eBay search for the JBL 420's. I have realized that what I want are called 'closed' headphones, ie your lughole is surrounded by the padding.

In the meantime, anyone familiar with Audio Technica kit? THESE seem to be good for the money.

@breadcrumb, they look cool, I found the ones at the top of the page are �224 in the UK though Sad They do have cheaper ones though, LINK

You go die like bird
Pith Helmet 10
packman
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

for being a RF head phone i turn my head and would get signal dropout this I could see with IR headphones but should not with RF. 2. the KOSS sounded hugely more warm ans life like. that bose you could hear a didital sqaure wave harshness to it 3. as for noise cansalatetion. KOSS invented it bose uses kosses base system. and in all i was a bose dealer for a long time. there are so meny products out there that are so much better and cheaper.

Closed lad accounts x3
mrsbean
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Roycropper wrote:
Some good suggestions there, but I want them mainly for watching TV when she's gone to bed, rather than something I can go jogging in.

I've also quite comfortably slept in them (when traveling, to block out the racket from the hotel air conditioner), if that makes any difference.

Mind, this suggestion would now largely depend on how far away your telly is located... Does no good to wear the headphones for quiet nappy time but yank the set off the stand due to a too-short cord.

Straightbait

Nifty anti-scam sites of interest
Artists Against 419 | Fraudwatchers |Scamomatic | Scampatroll Scam Victims United | Fake Checks Dot Org
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic