SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Trading post - Car scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Capella
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Someone on another forum I frequent just came across this and twiged that it was a scam.

Link to car listing Trading Post link

Quote:
Have been looking at Tradingpost.com and noticed an rx8 for sale for $11000. Thought wow, what a bargain but sounds a little sus, maybe someone has split with the the old man and is selling it to p*** him off.

So i ring the number in NSW, wake up some poor lady, she tells me she knows nothing about the car for sale. Apologise and decide to send an email. I get a reply from a lady saying she had divorced her husband and no longer needs the car blah blah blah. Says to send a reply if i want to purchase. So i send. Get a reply back saying, "you cant view the car, im now staying in London, but the car is in a Darwin transport yard. Send me $4000 deposit through an Ebay account that she would set up if i provide some details. Once the car arrives, ive got 15 days to decide to keep or no". So she is in London, the car is in Darwin, it has Queensland rego, and a wrong number in NSW!!! What a nerve to use a Rotor for such a scam, they must know that it would be highly desirable for a young fella to send off a deposit on the hope he was gonna get a near new rx8!

Its funny i received no other replies after i asked which transport company she was using, if it was regoed in her name for transfer and that i could pick it up in Darwin instead of freighting it. (Would of been a nice drive back to S.A)

I dont have an ISP email addy at the moment so I cant register at TP myself, but I have PMed him to send me the email Address

Malaysia

Last edited by Capella on Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
justjay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The tiny url listed above was created with a http// after the http://
This Trading Post link works (at least it did when I posted it)

Mugu Resellerpyramid Closed lad accountsAustraliaUnited StatesUnited KingdomNetherlandsSwitzerlandGhanaBelgiumChinaNigeriaSpain
Ivory CoastCanadaBurkina FasoSenegalHong KongSouth AfricaEuropean UnionBahamas, TheBeninMalaysiaGermanyItalyTogo|¿?|
Over 1000 - no longer counting since sometime in 2008 + #unknown# assists
WDPRs >150 Netcraft>115
----
pony pony pony - just because...
Capella
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ahh my bad, thanks for the catch Thumbs up Edited first post

Malaysia
dandan
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

~ Capella,

The email ad is in the autoplay window for the ad-- click thru the pics and up pops [email protected]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic