SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Blackberry question ** SORTED **

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am updating the OS on my blackberry. I have never done this before....

Ran a full backup first of course, plus the update software did its own...

It has now taken about an hour, anyone done this and is this normal? Very nervous here.

BB Pearl (8100) with Cingular/AT&T. OS download was directly from them.

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8

Last edited by The Man on Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Find CrimsonSapien. He can probably tell you more about modding cell phones than most people I know here.

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

i much prefer s3x in the 4ss - B4rrister 0luwa

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
Closed lad accounts x97 (Updated 02/20/09) pony pony
Fishhead
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^man - used to do tech support for PDA's for verizon. I might be able to help. Are you doing the standard OS upgrade from blackberry.com? Are you using BB desktop manager to backup the Pearl? If it hangs you may have to a soft reset on the device, backup again and restart the download. Only do a hard reset as a last resort, but make sure its fully backed up.

edit: also make sure all the service books are updated and re-register on the host routing table just to make sure you are set on the RIM relay. A pin-to-pin message to youself will confirm this. Blackberry has had a recent service outage that affected a high percentage of their customers. From my experience talking directly with BB tech support these outages have had long term effects for some customers.
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Fish... got it sorted and I'll mod the headline to reflect same. It was actually very easy. I have an AT&T branded Berry so I d/l the update from them and the desk top manager took care of the rest. Took like 2 hours, but it worked Smile

Now I can use the blue tooth keyboard I bought with it, which I could not use before. Will make traveling without the lap top possible now that I can respond to e-mails easily.

Thanks again.

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
Fishhead
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Your welcome Man. Thats why I was asking if you dl from BB. Sometimes you have to dl from the provider instead the product host. BB servers get those periods where they just get too bogged down. Glad all worked out....weird felt like I was back at my old job again. Shocked
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic