SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Ponder this...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Funny thing about brands. I don't think they sell Marantz here in the states anymore. I have a 40 watt stereo with their name on it in the garage thats been playing in a really tough environment for going on thirty years. It has a nice wood case and I was told that I could keep it if I could fix it. I spray contact cleaner at the volume control every five years. Aiwa is the king of music in Japan, and they take their electronics seriously. In Japan Citizen watches get more respect than Seiko. I know in other countries its the other way around. I didn't mean to tee off on Bose, its just a funny story. I have some distant relatives that are both blind and they love their music. They could give a rats behind about what something looks like, can afford anything and they love the sound of their Wave and their black Bose nugget things with the hidden subwoofer. Personally, I now like mass marketed stuff because the engineering costs are distributed over a lot of units. I once went for stuff that cost more than cars. Now with kids and college to think about I like clones. Give any electronic device a year out in the market, if its any good it will be cloned and a bargain.

Back to the thread. I would not suggest any kind of Faraday shielding in the unit. You really do not want something catching fire because of something you did. A suggestion was to keep it turned down low. I would suggest a power strip with a rocker switch on it or a BSR X10 remote that would turn the power off the entire unit for safety.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The chances are that the interference is coming in through the cables, rather than directly into the unit. Buy some of these filters and put one on every cable that is attached to the HiFi. (They just clip on, dead easy.) Put them as close to the HiFi end of the cable as you can.

You could also contact your local Ham Radio club. Radio Hams are qualified to troubleshoot this problem, and will probably have some of those filters they can try out.

Also try AIWA customer support. This is an EMC issue and their equipment is clearly at fault, especially if the filters do not fix the problem. The equipment must be immune to signals much stronger than anything even a faulty cell phone can generate. You should be able to make some headway with a "not fit for purpose" argument. I don't know the FCC EMC rules, but I'm fairly sure it wouldn't pass a European "CE" test with behavior like that.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Miss Behaving
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Chibuike wrote:
I use to come home thinking I had messages on my answering machine when in reality it was the cat purring and the telemarketer getting frustrated. Laughing He also could open the cd drive on my computer and turn on my clock radio. I swear cats are aliens from another planet.

My fiance's cat used to sit on his old mobile phone and call people Laughing I used to get long purring phone calls at strange times. He also texted people - I didn't believe this until I watched him do it. Just batted the phone multiple times, eventually hitting the 'send message' option. I got some lovely messages, such as pugthπ98�$^DEqERgkW�b.

It's very sad that his cat died in August - like most cats he was very wary of an intruder at first but eventually he would sit on my lap and purr like blazes, and of course he liked to keep in touch.

packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I double checked zenith is still producing stuff includeing the bose wave. the bose acustimas cude speakers i use to buy the driver for them thur a co. called madasound. they were 1.79 each i do have a frend who works at bose.... he wont even buy there stuff. he uses ADS and mark leveison

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dang, 1.79 each. They must be putting in better stuff. Laughing I have a new in box Heath/Zenith model ET-3100B electronic design experimenter kit from 1982 sitting on my desk. I wonder how it would work around cell phones.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i used to have a couple heathkit osilloscopes

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for all the helpful tips everyone. Whoever suggested contacting the local Ham radio club was spot on. The guy came over wearing a tin foil hat and had my problem solved in minutes. Very funny dude. In the mean time my Bose radio arrived and I have fallen in love with music all over again. Cheers to all!

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
Seven of Nine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ham radio operators are a pretty decent bunch of people Wink

Out of curiosity, what did he do to solve the problem?

Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As the famous comedian says, "here's your sign". I had recently moved my stereo system from the west wall to the southeast corner of the room. That's when all this started occuring with the cell phone turning on the unit (it wasn't only my cell phone but people walking outside my apartment complex using a cell phone would cause this to happen). The ham radio guy moved my stereo system from the southeast corner of the room to the north wall. Problem solved. He said the southeast corner was a trough area and was catching all the signals because of the cell phone tower across the highway from my apartment complex. I should have figured this one out myself because I am a tv repairman's daughter. Sheesh. Rolling Eyes

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic