SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Camden insurance fraud?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Rorschach
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh really? I thought that it was the Buck Street market next to the Electric Ballroom that they wanted to knock down and redevelop in conjunction with the station...

Anyway, never mind, everyone seems to be making the right noises about getting things back up and running ASAP.

Smile

BRUNO HAYFORD: "you are an eel, 75% negative, 10% positive, 10% amorphous and 5% blank"
sheila_blyge
Master Baiter

Location: Doing my worst with NN to a tied up JM under the watchful eye of the Teacup!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bit of a bugger, isn't it. Quite a few of the alternative shop people there are my friends, as I do the same thing but ooop North, so we all trade (and party) with each other.

Thank goodness the Stables and lock bit weren't involved.

I'm sorry for the stall-holders affected though - the answer is no, stock insurance generally isn't an option, at least not for the full value of stock. Look at it like this - would you insure someone to have easily damaged/stealable stock outdoors in all weathers, moved around on a daily basis, pawed by uncaring punters, and locked up in often grotty storage (generally for markets, I don't know about this one in particular). There's too much risk, and IF you could get a policy it would cost the earth. Most insurers just say no outright. So it's an accepted risk of the trade, and it's to be hoped the community does rally round and chuck in a few doubloons, because when something like this does happen, speaking from the experience of theft of a lot of stock last year, it's darned hard to get back on your feet again.

One good thing is it seems to have raised the profile of Camden in places where people hadn't necessarily heard of it. So go and visit the rest of the traders, they still need everyone's custom! Smile

And grab some of the delicious chinese food there... mmmmm, could just eat that now! Tummy's rumbling... Embarassed

pony pony pony
Rorschach
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ sheila

You don't know the name of any reasonable corset outlets in London do you? My SO always has to borrow one and I'd need to take out another mortgage to shop in Fairy Gothmother. Another girl I know does make them, but for reasons I won't go into it'd be tricky to ask her to one run up....

BRUNO HAYFORD: "you are an eel, 75% negative, 10% positive, 10% amorphous and 5% blank"
sheila_blyge
Master Baiter

Location: Doing my worst with NN to a tied up JM under the watchful eye of the Teacup!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Rorschach, I've sent a PM with a bit more info Smile Don't want to hijack a thread with corset discussions!!! Smile Although it is my favourite subject! Laughing

pony pony pony
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If anyone HAS a contact for cheaper corsets please let me know
PM 'd Rosarch a couple of (online )stores
haywood_jablowmi
Master of Master Baiters

Location: demoralise the lads, over and over, they will give up just crush the hope they have of getting cash!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SO I can see the out door traders might not insure, but there was a couple on the news who had two shops side by side, the shops were burnt out and the woman said she had 500,000 of stock in there. Now in my book, you own two shops, you aren't just a stall holder, and you have 500k stock and don't insure it, then its at your own risk, no way should tax payers money be used to bail them out!

Cellphone Nigeria
1x voodoo curse
"you are a cosomplitant asshole" S.Ghartey 2006 - why thank you i think.
' i sent jamaicans to kill you' Mills Kwame - you must have given them the wrong address, no one came round, i baked cookies and everything.
YOU ARE A CUR, A TRAMP, A HOBO A MISRABLE ONE FOR THAT MATTER.
WANDERING PIG.
SLAG LIKE YOU ARE NOT A MAN OF GOD GO TO HEIL I WILL NOT PRAY FOR YOU THAT AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU IS THAT WITH YOU.
Rorschach
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks to both sheila and Nanny. And also for replying by PM before we drfted totally off topic and this turned into a ribbon rather than a thread (ouch - sorry!)

R

sheila_blyge
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Corset information available - PM me if anyone's interested. I know several really good corsetiers in the UK Smile.

Haywood - you're quite right about the stores' insurance... I was specifically talking about the market traders, of which there seem to be a lot affected.

Will still depend on the policy, and the availability of stock. I can't remember what those two shops sold, but it was likely to be pretty specific stuff - even with insurance money, you can't just place an order and re-stock the following week. If the products are handmade, or from small independent designers, replacement stock just doesn't exist. That's the problem I had when robbed - took 8 months to build my stock back up again, simply because it all had to be produced from scratch. I know of other shops in Camden who literally make all the stock themselves. Luckily they are in a different part, but I wouldn't like to be faced with that task if everything was damaged. Shocked

Not saying that ANYONE should be bailed out by the taxpayer, though, beyond making sure that the infrastructure gets put back as quickly and efficiently as possible. After all, business is business.
Just saying that insurance money doesn't necessarily save businesses like those, that's all Smile.

pony pony pony
haywood_jablowmi
Master of Master Baiters

Location: demoralise the lads, over and over, they will give up just crush the hope they have of getting cash!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yeah fair enough, it was more a rant about ken livingston rushing to hand out tax payers money to appear popularist! grrrr I hate him.

as for corset information - no just looking for a young lady that likes wearing them Wink

Cellphone Nigeria
1x voodoo curse
"you are a cosomplitant asshole" S.Ghartey 2006 - why thank you i think.
' i sent jamaicans to kill you' Mills Kwame - you must have given them the wrong address, no one came round, i baked cookies and everything.
YOU ARE A CUR, A TRAMP, A HOBO A MISRABLE ONE FOR THAT MATTER.
WANDERING PIG.
SLAG LIKE YOU ARE NOT A MAN OF GOD GO TO HEIL I WILL NOT PRAY FOR YOU THAT AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU IS THAT WITH YOU.
Rorschach
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^

Can I just say that I'd like to see Ken Livingstone flogged up and down Chalk Farm Road? That's not a political statement, of course Mr Mod, just me being kinky.....

sheila_blyge
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Aaargh. Someone said the K.L. name... I dislike him, and I don't even live in London!!! Got a congestion charge fine because a one way system sent me round a block, 30 yards into the C zone and then back out again, just to get into my hotel. Cost me �100. *mutter, grumble, groan*

(That's not political either... just a grumbling hijack about a crazy system. I'll shut up now Wink )

pony pony pony
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In regards to alternative clothing, it was mainly stall holders mostly affected the other sections remain where they always were safely tucked in behind the lock tavern Wink

Some years ago a friend and i were debating coffins, yup you could buy them in camden market - a very unusual bed.

Im not a goth, but soem of the stuff there looks fun, in NSFW sense.

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic