SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

When your lads twig...

View next topic
View previous topic

Poll :: What caused your last lad to twig? Don't lie...

I was too strict with him
27%
 27%  [ 12 ]
I got stuck with no backup plan
18%
 18%  [ 8 ]
He wouldn't fulfill my trophy / safari request, the lazy buggar
18%
 18%  [ 8 ]
He caught me red-handed in a lie
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
It wasn't my fault, he just disappeared
18%
 18%  [ 8 ]
Ha! I've never lost a lad.
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 43

Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We've all had it happen: From the new members to the mods, sometimes our baits end before we want them to because the lad twigs before we're done with him. The reasons for twiggage are as numerous as the lads themselves, and it's not like we can ask them why they did it afterward.

I don't mean baits that you've run long enough for the lad to realize he's just not getting any money, I mean those baits where you still have lots of evil plans but your mugu just stops playing along. Here are a few mistakes I've made (and I mean last month) that probably ended my bait prematurely...

TOO STRICT: When my lad wants to talk about WU payments and I won't let him discuss it until my demands are met, he would have to give up too much control over his scam. Maybe I slapped too hard, maybe my questions were too difficult, but I don't look like a good victim anymore.

OUT OF ROOM, NO PLAN B: I've played out my sinister little plot and the lad still doesn't have any money, now he wants that payment and no more negotiation or delaying. Unfortunately, I didn't leave any options open and now I'm stuck.

TOO DEMANDING / OUTRAGEOUS: My lad looked at my conditions, and decided that shaving his pubes with a table-saw on video to prove his sincerity is just not worth it.

BUSTED: My lad did a quick google-search and realized that I could not possibly be Hugh Heffner, a disabled veteran Star-Destroyer Pilot with low-grade narcolepsy. He now knows I was playing him, and I'll have to prove myself to him before he'll continue.

NOT MY FAULT: Either yahoo.com shut him down, or somebody told him they hacked his account, or maybe he found a potential victim more promising than my character.

No bait lasts forever (we know this because forever isn't here yet), but those are probably my biggest reasons for losing lads. What happened when your last lad left you?
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There was no poll option for me.... Crying or Very sad

All of my baits have just petered out of their own accord after a few months, usually when the lad gets bored and eventually sees that there's probably no money there after all. Usually there is a follow up mail a few weeks or months later, out of desperation when they don't have any new victims to pick on.

That may change soon as I'm embarking on something a bit more spectacular, but so far I've been very straight acting, just constantly bringing up small problems.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Put me in the same category with Mugatu. My last few baits just kinda ran their course and we both got bored. Now, that doesn't count my big safari - I think I just pushed that one too far, and he finally started to question things and then just started writing back. But for regular, unexciting baits, they just petered out, I guess.

Maybe you should have an option for "just petered out"?

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Maybe you should have an option for "just petered out"?

Heck no! A bait just fading away doesn't count as a true twig in my book, nor does it count when you end the bait at your discretion.

I don't mean your most recent lad, I mean your most recent lad who twigged. Very Happy
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Ah, I see. I only had one lad who twigged (Ikenna, see sig) and that was because he'd had about 12 trips to Western Union and several dozen unsuccessful goes at 1TV5.
He twigged when he called a UK WU agent and asked them why he was being pissed about with this new security modality.
It was nice of him to write back though.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Roycropper
Undead Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My longest bait ended when the lad, stuck in another country, somehow got directed to Eater and started to quote my posts back at me...

Quote:
VERA YOU ARE RoycroppeR SO DONT EVER EMAIL ME...

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My last twig happened because I might have been a little silly. I asked him to send me a picture of himself, holding a banana. Lots of lads have done sillier things, and I took a chance. He was baited before by others, too. He replied,
Quote:
Dear Friend,

Are you seriouse or a joker. How can you ask me to hold a banana. If you need the money do what i ask you or forget about this deal i will take care of it by my own self.

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari [email protected] & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & [email protected] - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[smug] Never lost a lad, only had baits tail off without him twigging [/smug]

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Simba
master of subtlety

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I always keep up the facade, so my laddies just generally lose hope and give up.

In all honesty I don't ever rememeber being twigged, but then I don't pursue trophy pics or even completed forms, so I am sure that is significant.

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo
irishemigrant
I Told You So

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My lad twigged when I didn't check for embedded urls or watermarks in some pics I sent him. He went to the website I'd got them from, and dropped me so fast.

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
hacker9
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My last lad vanished from the face of the Earth. I'm chalking it up to the Collective. Wink

After several emails, his address started bouncing. The one before that just stopped responding.
dr stephen williams
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My lads generally peter out. I have never been openly twigged (except Joseph Twumasi, gay mugu, [email protected]), and I never burn them.

My biggest problem is when I take on too many baits and then devote my attention to the most promising one, and the rest dry up.

Safari Sand Timer x3 Dr Ray Lgos-Ctnu,
Golden Pith x2 Safari x7 Tattoo x7 Closed lad accounts x9 Mortar Vcamera x14 Sand Timer x6 Team Turd Lgs>Dla Bnn>Lbra Acra>Dkar Dkr>Bnjul> Dkr>Tmbktu>Abche>Adre>N'djmna, Lgos>Cairo>Aswn>Jail Ctnu>Lgos Ctnu>acra, Lgos>Jbrg>Drbn>Prt Elzbth>CT>Sprngbk>CT>Drbn>CT>Hrre>Lska>DEsSlm>Mmbasa>Nirbi>Kmpla 28,510 Miles
Golden Pith Safari Tattoo x5 Vcamera Sand Timer Team Woody Acra>Sngpre Acra>Dkr>Rsso>Bmko
Nurse Nastys Audi TTpony Whip Mc FryMortar Closed lad accounts pyramid
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mine all happen for one simple reason... not all lads like to safari. Period.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
mrsbean
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mine just tend to peter out, too. The lad won't do what I ask or sees there's no money there and sells my contact information or just disappears.

Straightbait

Nifty anti-scam sites of interest
Artists Against 419 | Fraudwatchers |Scamomatic | Scampatroll Scam Victims United | Fake Checks Dot Org
Betelgeuse
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I usually loose them after the 10th trip to Moneygram. My main character does not have a WU within 500 miles.

B

[ <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12">Getting Started</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24605">FAQs</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413">Rules</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32877">Ethics</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122306">Request Mentor</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028">Premium Benefits</a> - <a href="http://www.scamwarners.com/">Refer Victims Here</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119780">Report Bank Acct</a> ] Mortar x25
firehouse5

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got passed up to a very articulate money man who was there for one job only - to close the deal. I tried to appear compliant yet incompetent (something that works well with most mugus), and he just wasn't buying it.

Unlike many lads he was totally inflexible, and from the start he was (correctly) convinced that I was a time waster. Unless I showed him otherwise he would put a stop to the whole transaction. He told me this, and gave me a deadline, and to my surprise once the deadline had passed, the transaction was over! I did not get even one more email concerning this transaction from any of the various parties involved.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
full auto
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ha! I have never lost a lad! Laughing

... on the more serious side I lose them because they are lazy. Sometimes they just don't want to keep up with the game, which is fine with me. I'd rather toy with the die hard ones anyway... just to make them insecure and less confident.
Ima Baeder
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not sure of the question here. Do you mean why do they end the correspondence, or if/when they figure out that they're being baited?

I don't think a lad has ever figured out that I'm just a joker. Ray K1ng (8 months and counting) has probably suspected it at a few points, but he's still with me.

By the way, sorry to be this way, but it bothers me that this word seems to be used incorrectly:

Quote:
twig2 (twĭg)

v. Chiefly British., twigged, twig·ging, twigs.

v.tr.
To observe or notice.
To understand or figure out: “The layman has twigged what the strategist twigged almost two decades ago” (Manchester Guardian Weekly).

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
hacker9
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not at all. When they "twig", they understand that their time is being wasted.

EDIT: It's being used like "catch on".
Ima Baeder
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This thread seemed to read as if "twig" was used to mean drop the "victim", ie: the bait ended.
I understand what the definition I posted meant. Wink

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
hacker9
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You're right, I just realized that it's been used to describe real victims as well as baiters. It probably started referring to baiters, but it caught on for regular vics too.
ChainYanker
Collecting TShirts the Hard Way

Location: Shouting "Fire!" in crowded theaters across America

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My first two promising lads didn't like my wacky religion.

One lad didn't like MTNC $ecure.

Two lads almost gave me great trophies for my advertising company, but one twigged last minute, and the other kept demanding money in advance.

Victoria the Unicorn Seller keeps trying to drop me because I keep demanding to see the unicorn's papers. A few days ago she tried to end it for good (little does she know... Twisted Evil )

And of course, a lot of lads just drop off the face of the earth.

FEMALE

"This deal does not have anything to do with religion because we are talking about $10.150 million us dollars" -Bangu Mali

"YOUR DEATH IS AT HAND HENCE YOU LEARNT HOW TO DOUBLE CROSS OTHER GUYMAN KEEP IT ON AND WATCH OUT" -Don Jack

"why is it that you dont believed that the unicorn is avaialabe" -Victoria Smith

"i have seen that you are not financially capable to handle this great opportunity maturedly" -Muhammad Bla1se

Earned a pony, earned a bun, still not sure what they mean --> pony
rootuser
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I voted that I got stuck with no backup-plan, although that's not the full story.
You could also say the baits petered out (to pick up this expression, although I don't really understand how something can peter...) and I had no idea how to keep the lad on the hook.
On one occasion the lad didn't believe the dollar-chop, that was the hitman I worked with, and then dropped me, although I tried to support my story.
He also caught me on my story about a crazy lady blowing up herself with a gas-station, and the next day she was hiding in the church to avoid being lynched by an angry mob...

I'm still looking for the one lad that really keeps on the hook by himself, and is easily played. I actually thought Joseph would be the one, but he finally twigged too because of the pic I sent him.

And Yuliya might have twigged on me now, after having asked for a trophy. But that's not sure yet.

"This is what i sent to them am not with any money to go back to nigeria pls help."

United Kingdom (0.25 go to fake_buster)

Safari x4 Wole A.: Akure, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, Akure, Nigeria to Tanguieta, Benin (both with Thomas-the-Tank and Simba), Akure, Nigeria to Kano, Nigeria (with TtT and OD), Akure, Nigeria to Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire (with TtT)

Mortar

pony pony
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerSkype Name
h4x27h3m4x
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I get stuck in the corner with no exit. Eventually, they twig from the religious, political, or just stupid crap I continue to send them in every email. Almost got one to vote for Ron Paul Very Happy

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well there's one thing I got out of this thread - and that's a better understanding of the definition of the word "twig". So - thanks for that! And yes, in my earlier post I was misinterpreting your question.

I've only had one lad twig on me, and I'm not convinced it was a real twig, or whether he just grew disgusted with waiting. He was expressing some doubts and suspicion over some of my more outlandish claims in his last emails, and then he stopped responding to me at all. But that still leaves me with "none of the above", as my response would be, "He may have figured it out, but I don't know because he just disappeared". I can't say it's not my fault, because it probably WAS my fault - I was definitely getting a little outlandish towards the end. Wink

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic