SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

split from March 2007 thread

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
jaxguy
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Howdy!

Recently in December I was messaged by a handsome gentleman from a dating website who was supposedly living in Reno, NV. He also said he was originally from England and imigrated to this country. We chatted back and forth on Yahoo.com under the name [email protected], He also has an aol address under the same name, he goes by the name Jamie. everything seemed ligit and had very nice conversations. He even sent some very romantic poems and text messages. I started to get suspicious when I insisted we chat on the phone, I was given a phone number in NV I have family there so I knew the area code. However after investigating that number I found it was a small town about 2 hours out of the Reno area. I also called this number and found it to be some sort of a 3rd party company called "Call-Wave" that re-routes phone calls to this 3rd party company when you dial it. When I asked about it, it had something to do with the company he works for and for all the traveling he does. you can leave a message, and he is quick to respond back with an e-mail or text message.

After playing the game a little bit (I've been taken before sadly), he then told me he worked for an international company in Africa, and the gold market. Instantly I had red flags! It was then I was told he was going back to Western Africa "gold coast" to finish some business deals with this gold company he works with. As this was Christmas time he told me he was involved in a charity/orphanage that he was active in and going to spend some time with. At no time did he ask for money, or give a name of this orphanage. I think he sensed I was on to him, so he just played it really cool.

Recently I spoke to him again, and after some idle chit chat back and forth, and asking when he was coming back to the U.S. he could only tell me soon, that he was finishing up some work with the company, and settling the "conveyance" (I've heard that term many times) to bring his gold/monedy back into the U.S. At this point I thought he was going to ask me for money, or assistance, but no, he again went back to talk about his work with the orphanage and wondered if I would like to help him with a project he was tasked with. Seems the charity had no way to process credit cards, and gave me a link to some site that was able to run credit cards for private individuals. He asked my advice if this site would be something that the charity could use. I played dumb, and told him I really wasn't sure I could give him much input in that. It was then he asked me if I wouldn't mind signing up for this credit card processing site and trying it out, and seeing if it would work. I told him no I could not and would not do that. He also asked if maybe I might be interested in being the key person in accepting and processing these credit card payment/donations. Again I told him becuase I barely knew him and tax code issues I was not going to touch that with a 10 ft pole. He never got angry and said he understood. I did tell him to give me some information about this charity and I might make a donation myself directly.

I was then sent several articles about the Grange Charity/Orphanage that looked like the up and up. We met online just a couple days ago and he asked if I got the information he sent and I said I was reviewing it, but sounded like a good cause, and would probably make a donation. It was then he asked how much I might make so that he could tell the organization how much money would be coming. I told him I was unable to give a hard figure until I did some budgeting. I then asked how I could send a payment if they could not accept credit cards. It was then he mentioned the MoneyGram service. When I asked what the usual donation was he responded with 200.00 or more. he was pretty quick to get off the subject after that, and began to talk about something else. This is truly a smooth talker here, and very convincing.

But being the skeptical one, I did some digging on the Grange Charity/orphanage and this is how I found this site, and what sounds like someone has met the same individual however a different name.

I also have photos of this gentleman which I would love to share, as well as the documents he sent me. If anyone was interested. I have since terminated my communications with him and would love to help out anyone else who might be a victim or is thinking about doing something which could devestate someones financial status.

Phil
redshoes17
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi and welcome to eater. You have done the right thing by ending communication with this guy. Read the stickies, sign up for a mentor, don't be afraid to ask questions.

Safari Dan Benin City to Lagos
Safari ARK Tamale to Kumasi
star Hello Kitty! Mortar x41
I don't need you alone for sex. w1l13

i was ashamed this money money was not in the system when we got there to cash it,it made me and my family lawyer look like little children Godwin

'because no one want your progress not every one want your goat to give birth to twins as the man who see tomorrow told me when i visit him in the shrine Godwin

i was rubbed by rubber last friday, they collectted all my money and my phones.
Scorpion Snake
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the 419 Eater forum

Take my advice stop making contact with these people, all they want is your money, is just a waste of time.
spot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jax ...that was one hell of a story and a studied it carefully

... thank you for sharing and post the scammers e-mail address.

It displayed some of the most classic traits of love scams:-

*They get your email by joining dating sites and singles groups,
and write to you pretending to be the kind of person you are
looking for.

*The pictures they send and the ones in their profile are always
good-looking, and are usually taken from modeling sites on the
Internet.

*They may claim to be working abroad, often in Nigeria

*Make no mistake, a love scammer will usually have several victims
going at once, both male and female, and may be "engaged" to more
than 10 victims at a time. They think of you as a "job", not a person.

*These scammers are willing to spend months talking and writing every
day to their victims before asking for money. The relationships they
have with their victims often start fast and are very intense.

*The scammer may try to make the victim feel like they are joining a
new family, and may introduce other scammers as their mother, father,
sister, etc. This is to make the victim feel a responsibility toward
their "new family".

*The bottom line is that they want you to care for them so that you
will send them your money.

When they finally ask for money, it is usually for one of these reasons:

*They need to pay for a visa, plane tickets, marriage license etc to
come be with you.

*A close relative suddenly becomes very ill and needs money for medicine
and doctors.

*They are rich, but they can't get their money right now and need your
help

*They are somehow stuck without funds in a foreign country (usually
somewhere in Africa or Europe) and need you to wire funds so they can
get home.

*They need you to cash a check or checks and send them cash via Western
Union. The check or money order they will send you is fake, even if your
bank cashes the check or tells you that it "cleared"!!!! The bank will
find out in a few days or weeks that the check is fake, and will make
you pay all of the money back, even the money you sent to the scammer.
The bank might even have you arrested for cashing a bad check.

*They need you to receive packages that cannot be sent directly to them,
and send them on. The packages will contain goods paid for with stolen
credit card numbers, and the person the police will come after for theft
is you!

Thank you again for sharing

OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have dealt with a couple of scammers using the exact same format. One I have been trying to get back into a bait for a long time. I wonder if this one is somehow related. I'd like to bait him, but I am pretty certain that this guy has enough experience that he won't fall for an anonymous first contact. He'll need to be the one to make first contact. How did he find you?

My agent had a tribble actident.. he die on the process. ~M0s3s Ih3kw04b4

We two make compactible lovers. ~B!ll!e Vl4d!m!r J0nes

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I received this from Jax.
Quote:
I met him back in December on a dating site, www.bearswww.com, which I notice his profile has now been removed.

He must be out there on some other dating sites....

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
jaxguy
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just wanted to thank you all for your support and this website! I have decided that this is a scam from the beginning, I was sort of having from with him, but without the experience many of you have on here, i really have no idea where to go from here. After reading a previous scam from someone else on this board "flyakite123" topic "is this guy for real I need help" It certainly sound like the same guy.

I think it might be fun to mess with this guy a little, not sure how much time I have to really dig into it. At first I thought I would just stop contact, but I guess it was the thrill of the hunt to actually try to catch him say something stupid. I can't believe how slick they are. If anyone has any ideas on what i should do next I am open to hear them.

P.W.
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Jaxguy! It is fun to mess these guys over when you know they are scammers. Here's what I've done with a couple of my latest lads: I like to waste their time for weeks letting them think they have me totally sucked into their scam and then turn on them like a snake and tell them I have suddenly discovered they are scammers. They deny it like mad and try every lying trick in the book to convince me they're innocent.

Then when they see I am certain they are scammers and they're grasping for any shred of hope . . . then I like to really screw them over. I tell them that if they'd give me a chance to get to know the real man, that maybe I'd discover I love them anyway. If they still won't confess then I leave them for a couple of days and ignore their pleas, emails, text messages and phone calls. Then I come back and give them one last chance to be honest with me. It usually works like a charm. They confess and usually give me a real picture. But the worst for them and the best for me is yet to come . . .

Then I tell them I really prefer black guys and they are the sexiest guys I've ever seen. I tell them I love them and want them. If they try to ask me for anything, I accuse them of scamming me again. They stop. After this, I own them. They are my pets. My adoring boy toys at my beck and call. Then I can treat them like the dogs they really are and get away with it. Last of all, I get them totally sucked into believing I love them and only then . . . and then I wipe them off my list like something nasty stuck to the bottom of my shoe.

Paybacks are a bitch - and so is a woman scammed.

My agent had a tribble actident.. he die on the process. ~M0s3s Ih3kw04b4

We two make compactible lovers. ~B!ll!e Vl4d!m!r J0nes

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic