SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Internet Disruption in Middle East

View next topic
View previous topic

BRUIN
Inside Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Apparently, a large region of the Middle East (including Egypt) has sustained some sort of internet access outage today. I do not know if the Israeli satellite providers are online or not.

Anyone baiting someone in that area may experience delays in delivery of e-mails.

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
Hekate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BBC have an article:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7218008.stm

We have on our programms according to the lay down rules to pay the Asians mostly the indians and malasians now and after that it may change. Rev. James Ucheomma

do you really think that i am just a stupid man like you,listen for the veru last time if i did'nt see XXXX after 24 hours you will heat your self.. [love scammer Chucks]

IT'S NOT I LOOKING FOR WORK.GOD FORBID.I CAN BE IN AN OCEAN AND WASH MY HEAD WITH MY SPIT. THANKS AND GOD BLESS.
MARK DOUGLAS.

United Kingdom France 2 x Netherlands
Cellphone
Safari See SP's Irish Safari!
Mortar x14
Golden Pith

Click here to support 419Eater.com
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Cable cut wouldnt cause that

5 coaxial submarine cables; satellite earth stations - 2 Intelsat (Atlantic Ocean and Indian Ocean), 1 Arabsat, and 1 Inmarsat; tropospheric scatter to Sudan; microwave radio relay to Israel; a participant in Medarabtel (1998)

India is serviced by israel sat, as is alexandria via 5 communication cables - source (mundi - africa is serviced by 1 massive underwater loop too.)

Without politics - because its difficult to explain otherwise - the link between egypt an israel where the cable picks up is via sat and microwave - so cutting any cable would have no effect, and those cables certainly dont service india - its on a different network entirely - something else has happened and we will have to probably wait 75 years to find the truth - but one thing is certain the cable being cut is impossible to cause that. (engineers would have almost certainly routed in redundancy, same as the indian ocean has more than 1 method)

EDIT: IPR Strategic Business Information Database, well anyway 4 different systems and 2 different loops - its not a cable cut - more than likely an accident but a cut cable cant cause that - when the uk - us cable was damaged in a earthquake - the systems other cables took the strain - yea it slowed things a little but no one really noticed same in the med - and the indian cable couldnt be in the med - check out google earth Twisted Evil

Edit 2

Ok this isnt a perfect map of how it is - ive used google earth to put the sat footprint in red, the backup footprint in black and the underwater routes of cable in red as lines - image

Notice theres a lot of land between egypt and india - well if you believe the news were fed these days you were not told that was there - the cable from egypt goes OVERLAND from saudi - laying continuous cables is not only expensive - but its best to keep them as short as possible and make them as useful as possible - no one in there right mind would lay any cable to circumnavigate saudi arabia one of the biggest forms of income for any company - which leaves a very big mystery.

Also europe and usa are not the be all and end all of the internet, nodes work as nodes - cut one the traffic will just go the other way - mostly out towards russia and via china etc i simply refuse to accept that cutting those cables in the med would knock out 2 continents - the net isnt built like that and common sense would tell ya india wouldnt just use uk/usa/europe they have other friends too lol.

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
justicebdone
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^D1^^

That hurt my brain . . . but I think I got it thanks to the picture.

F****** d*** motherf***** if you really sent the f****** money why don't you send the f****** control number at once cos I don't really have the time to f*** around with you anymore....you messed up my own Chritsmas too. Nathan "The Potty Mouth" Hitman

If you dont know you are now the Company Police. The Annoyed Check Lad

BACK the ATTACK
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yea when i read the story i thought hang on I know those cables they are important and yea they cause disruption if damaged but only while the system switched over 4 hours at most, i also know the india part cant be correct - there are communication cables under the indian ocean too but anyway the rough map i copied and filled in shows it doesnt just go down 1 direction, and everyone knows 1 pc if linked will find pc 4 even if it has to go via hong kong - cutting a cable almost the other side of the globe would only cause minor congestion, again within a few hours it would revert to other systems - what actually happened we will never know i guess, someone probably fell asleep and the gf plugged in a hair dryer into the main server lol

Had to be a woman - men wouldnt use a hair dryer Twisted Evil
No offence to our ladies but the story is very suspicous.

Actually thats more than likely what has happened some twit has switched off a small innocent looking machine - only that machine he turned off just so happens to be the hub for nearly quater of the net population.
It could explain the calls too - the machine as we rely more on them might simply be broke or such and not forwarding anything.

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

eamonn
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If the plug was going to be pulled by the men in the black helicopters, then the whole of the region would be cut off. According to the BBC, there is severe degradation in service, which will cause congestion and timeouts. The current thinking is that an anchor dragged both cables.

@D1 your map is simply not correct, the cable route for SEA-ME-WE 4 which is a major backbone pipe, can be seen here. Also, I take it you don't know the economics of laying telecomms cables - dropping it in the sea is far cheaper and safer than going overland (and yes, I do know of which I speak after nearly a quarter or a century in the telecomms business, half of that in network engineering). The cable is $500m for 20000km, which works out at around (in real money) 13/metre; cheap as chips compared to laying accross land.

get your baiting forms here
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I didnt say my map was perfect, in fact i did add it wasnt perfect, but your cable and the other cables cant be cut at alexandra to take out the whole 2 continents - there simply isnt just 1 backbone in the entire region

The other side

You cut the cable at alexandra and singapore simply re-routes everything to usa / russia / china

Now if you cut that cable too then you would have the region effectively isolated - if i was to sabotage it - dont matter posting this no one could find the money to go do it so no danger of a lad going to snap cables you would need to sever both sides otherwise the dns servers in the usa still serve india Wink

And i think by two cables they mean 2 cables 1 each side thats the only way - and what are the chances of that happening its a million to 1 event that say taiwan and alexandra on the same day are stuck by anchors
alexandra important - essential but cause the disruption - not on its own.

EDIT: Ive just pulled up the cables as of 2004 image
It clearly shows a second backbone in the area, NOT connected directly to alexandra, the way the internet works you couldnt just cut a cable and that would be lights out - c'mon eamonn ya know this Wink

I do however fully agree it would cause congestion, as is reported and i fully think and agree its purely an accident - but what are the chances of it happening its not isolated either - reports are coming in about a second lot of cables cut - and i got it half right the second lot is in taiwan - coupled with alexandra is enough to cause the disruption - no men in helicopters tho - i never thought that i just thought hmmz as reported only alex wouldnt explain it - a second accident however does.

Last edited by D11 on Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
eamonn
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It hasnt taken out the whole continent, it's caused a severe degradation of service which will mean bottlenecks and delays on alternate routes.

This is a BIG pipe that's gone down, it's a 1.28 Terabit DWDM system. You don't lose something like that and not have severe service issues.

D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I fully agree eamon, thats one hell of a big pipe, but looks like were both right lol, I like it when everyones right - theres been a second set of cuts near taiwan.
And the internet being the internet is finding its own way along now congested lines causing widescale timeouts and response times = dodgy connections.

eamonn
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was more right though Cool (only kidding)

One thing to remember, somewhere, a lad is to blame...

Breddan Butter
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Brief explanation of the current state of play:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7219781.stm

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

eamonn wrote:
a lad is to blame...
Yep. Mussad was trying to eliminate fraudstars on the Israeli satellite servers Laughing Wink

j/k

... running from the mods ...

Pale Tracker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bearkat419 wrote:
... running from the mods ...

it may be wiser to run from the Mossad... Wink

unless our mods are agents of.... and that will explain a few things...

United Kingdom x2 United States x2 Nigeria
Mortar 's
Closed lad accounts 's

Pith Helmet ARK: Tamale (Ghana) - Porto Novo (Benin): "it is a Hollywood movie"

Get your ninja sword and throwing stars here
NO MENTOR & NEW TO BAITING? Here's how to do it!
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Watch it, HR - you're going to get us both in deep ... stuff Wink

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The general consensus is this was one big accident, just bad timing as the cuts co-incided with other cuts - but it did prove 1 thing the internet survives even the most brutal of errors etc. alright downloads would have been terribly slow but if you sent out an "sos we need help" it would have got through which is what the net was originally designed for - well sos we need arms mostly but heh its a technicallity that arpanet wasnt human friendly lol.

Theres information about the "Third" cut http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7222536.stm

My sources are slow lol, but there it is now, if the final link is severed we know its deliberate lol, but so far just a freaky accident.

Pastor Frank

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It appears that a 4th cable has been cut.

Click

Edit: I suspect this is why I am getting some strange IP headers from my lads, there must be some rerouting going on due to the cable cut.

203.188.202.147 Taiwan*
203.188.202.147 Taiwan*
203.188.202.147 Taiwan*
203.188.202.147 Taiwan*
202.43.196.224 United States*
217.12.4.214 United Kingdom*
216.252.122.218 United States*
69.147.65.174 United States*
77.220.0.102 Kenya*

Edit again: http://www.internettrafficreport.com/details.htm

Last edited by Pastor Frank on Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
kurat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Damn these scrap-metal thieves...

Cellphone x107
"I believe that you would not want to hear more of a lawyer language and grammars" - Saint Patrick
"so for my lawyer I want to also seriously sit on the emails I have received" - Mrs. N1na M1lha
"If i don't see you guys today.I probably would starve and have no where to sleep as i cant access my account here while some are low on cash" - Jo3l Akum1ah
Luther Blissett
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Whatever has caused it, it's a pain in the old behind for use over here. Until 2 days ago I didn't have Internet at home at all and in the office it was extremely slow. Now they seem to have fixed it at least in the UAE, but I hear from my colleagues in Qatar that they are still having major problems there.
Apparently it'll take them another week to fix it. I don't believe them, because something similar happened before (2005 I think) and back then it took them over one month to get things back to normal. All the while the user is obviously paying the bill - discounts for service outages? Nahhh, not here with the telecom monopolies still firmly in place Crying or Very sad

Banks: Ivory Coast Netherlands United Kingdom Ghana United Nations x1 Nigeria x2 Law Firms: South Africa United Kingdom Nigeria x1 Misc. Mugu Pooh: United Kingdom China x1 United Nations x2 HYIPs: pyramid x25 Phonelad Websites: Cellphone x6

Donate the Nurse, the Eater needs Pants... Err? * Scamwarners.com * Artists against 419 * Kill HYIPs & Ponzi Scams!
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@PastorF - me too. Lad started in Ghana, yesterday his IP puts him in Australia, today back in Ghana. Either that or he's nicked the transporter from the Enterprise! Very Happy

Hang about - if the signal was being re-routed, surely the originating IP would be the same though? Only the intermediary points would be different. Or am I missing something Confused

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
hacker9
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not if the computer's IP address was temporarily reassigned because it was going through a different provider.
BRUIN
Inside Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The latest I have heard is that there have been four separate lines (undersea) damaged, which makes it less likely to have been an accident.

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
hacker9
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, some sharks have developed an appetite for fiber optic cable.
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not to venture too far into the land of politics here, but... all kidding aside... it has been suggested that there is a particular nation with a current interest in cutting off the communications of another particular nation that it has been all-but threatening war with...

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks like the number of cut cables is up to 5 now... linky Confused

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
hacker9
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Once is a coincidence. Twice is an act of God. Three times is enemy activity. And now we have five? What's that, all-out war?

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic