SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Credit card scams

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
sparks_red
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I am new here...and am the victim of a credit card scam. Luckily my CC company decided to call me today to ask me about a large purchase made in the UK. When I actually when on the site I found that this scammer took a trip on me from NY City to Atlanta, GA. and booked another flight on Aegean Airlines. I am sure that the flight from GA to the UK has not even posted yet...but I know that he is in Great Britain as he made a purchase at a Sport shop....oh and also downloaded music from Apple-I-Tunes today. These are the only two items report to me by the company. I did a little snooping and Delta airlines and even have a name and a yahoo address.
So everybody be careful...they can get any info they want....I never give out this info....any ideas how they got it?
HellRyder
Pale Tracker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater.

Scammers can get your CC info in different ways:

* Phishing
* Dumpster diving (your home, of businesses you bought from)
* Stealing your mail
* Hacking into an online vendor system you did business with
* Randomly generating the CC# (there is an algorithm to the CC#)

Good thing your CC company caught it on time. You should close that account (I'm surprised they didn't already) and open a new one.

United Kingdom x2 United States x2 Nigeria
Mortar 's
Closed lad accounts 's

Pith Helmet ARK: Tamale (Ghana) - Porto Novo (Benin): "it is a Hollywood movie"

Get your ninja sword and throwing stars here
NO MENTOR & NEW TO BAITING? Here's how to do it!
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Sparks_red: I'm sorry to hear what happened to you. Luckily, you stopped it before it got any worse.

You may want to read up on internet security issues regarding personal information. Being aware of how these things work can help you stay more safe.

Here's a link to start you out. http://www.creditme.com/credit-articles/detail/keeping-your-card-numbers-safe-on-the-internet/

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
spot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The I-Tune download is normally a classic first purchase.

It confirms that the account hasn't been reported just yet, and doesn't ring any alarm bells with the CC company.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic