SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

update on buying internet cafe

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=127521

For those listening to NTBS sunday, here's a follow up to our conversation with Shep about the internet cafe we are buying in Accra. Kat was promised to him for a night if Ghana won, which they did beating Guinea 2/1,

Quote:
Hi Shep, I was just talking to you, about the cafe you have for sale.

Damn, Ghana won, ok, never mind

I'm looking at investing in your region, setting up infrastructure and holiday places, one of the main things everybody wants is internet access, and secure and safe internet

I usually just deal with the holiday packages, and the infrastructure is normally in place, but I'm finding that West Africa is a bit patchy,

I need to either buy or rent an internet cafe in the Accra area that I can use for my clients.

OK< from your conversation, lets start talking prices, I need 10 computers minimum, in an area of Accra that is safe for my clients to use.

What can you find for me?

Yours

Robert O'Keeffee

Quote:
Hi Rob,
I won the bet right?so tell me when you gonna bring Mary....
Well about the cafe,we spoke about it a lot last Sunday and I told you the place is immaculate,furnished with 11computers including the master PC,scanner ,printer ,air condition,table and chairs for client,two ceiling fans,etc and its ready to start operation once the Internet is reconnected.There's enough room for 10more computers if in the future you wish to expand the place for more customers.
The area is Nungua C5 which is very busy area.There are some resorts and hotels about 10 min drive from the cafe where tourist and visitors lodge.
We also talked about the price but we didn't settle on any figure yet.
I attach some pics I took inside the shop when I last visited. Plz view them and get back to me as possible.
With thanks.
Shepherd

He sent the pics, I'll continue with this for a while, it's not a bait, but will be interesting to find out prices, and just who actually uses the cafe most.

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
Ivor Grimey Colon
"Trophy slut"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pardon my slowness today, but I assume you and NTBS aren't actually planning to rent an internet caf�? You said "it's not a bait", so is this actually a caf� on the market? And if so should you be leading the owner on?

Do excuse me if I've got completely the wrong end of the stick here, I've found what I've read a little confusing.

"If your bait does not cause an ethics thread, you are not baiting hard enough." - YeaWhatever

Pimp My Number | A Donation a Day keeps Nurse Nasty at bay
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Ivor, no, not a bait, I'm just after the prices, and info, more for background so that I can have an idea of how much a lad is paying.

It may even turn out to be a good investment, I'm not leading the guy on, other than a bit of misrepresentation about my self.

Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
Ivor Grimey Colon
"Trophy slut"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh right, you're looking for the prices he charges for caf� time and other services. That makes sense, from what I'd read it seemed you were either planning to make him an offer or just messing with him, but since you'd said it wasn't a bait I'd got confused Smile

"If your bait does not cause an ethics thread, you are not baiting hard enough." - YeaWhatever

Pimp My Number | A Donation a Day keeps Nurse Nasty at bay
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Irish,
Got any pictures of the building from the street, and the neighborhood?
He says it's very busy area. Let's see. Funny, he really thinks he won Mary for the night, adulterous cad.

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll ask for pics of the area when I reply Slap, and also pics of the tourist areas and get a map from him too if possible.

The pics may come in handy for people meeting their pets

bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Imagine if we could pin down a scammer's location in a known cafe. "For security, you will move to station 6 under the King of Ashanti flag. Remember, my agents are watching you."

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater
TomServo
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I spent two months in Accra a couple of years ago. I used Internet cafes while I was there -- if all you want is rates, I can try and remember how much they charge.

Or what might be easier is if I just ask one of my Ghanaian friends how much cafes are.

One of the most interesting things about Ghanaian Internet cafes is that several of them had prominent 8x11 color printout signs that had a big "NO 419" message on them. I'll have to dig through my old digital photography and see if I managed to snag a picture of one of them.
TomServo
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Update: Wasn't able to find pictures of the anti-419 posters in the Internet cafe, but my wife looked back through our expense reports and confirmed that it averaged roughly 10,000 old cedis for one hour of Internet time. This translates to about 1.00 new cedis (since the revaluing), which is roughly equivalent-ish to $1 USD.

So there you have it. In Ghana, $1 roughly equals 1 hour of Internet time at the average cafe.
JumpinJayJay
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SlapHappy wrote:
Funny, he really thinks he won Mary for the night, adulterous cad.

pretty sure he said he had a wife... until he heard the terrible accent that K4t was putting on Wink

Click here to support 419Eater.com pony pony
Mortar x5 Nurse Nastys Audi TT
dr stephen williams
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Imagine if we could pin down a scammer's location in a known cafe. "For security, you will move to station 6 under the King of Ashanti flag. Remember, my agents are watching you."

Hahahaha, nice idea, Bohigal! I bet that would flip out any mugu pretty badly!

Golden Pith x2 Safari x7 Tattoo x7 Closed lad accounts Mortar Vcamera Sand Timer x6 Team Turd Lgs-Dla Bnn-Lbra Acra-Dkar Dkr-Bnjul- Dkr-Tmbktu-Abche-Adre-N'djmna Lgos-Cairo-Aswn-Jail Ctnu-Lgos Ctnu-acra Lgos-Jbrg-Drbn-Prt-Elzbth-CT-Sprngbk-CT-Drbn-CT-Hrre-Lska-DsSlm-Mmbsa-Nirbi-Kmpla 28,510 Miles
Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Vcamera Sand Timer x4 Team Woody Acra-Sngpre Acra-Dkr-Rsso-Bmko Acra-Ctnu
Safari Lgos-Dkr-Rsso Sand Timer Vcamera (wKLG)
Safari x22 SS Sand Timer x3 United Kingdom United States Nigeria x303 : Closed lad accounts pyramid Mortar
Nurse Nastys Audi TTpony Whip Mc Fry Jack Boot
bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not bloody likely to happen though, unless we can find out the IP range for the cafe. Or actually have an agent over there.

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic