SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

UK Tax issue, PAYE.

View next topic
View previous topic

Templeton Peck
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all,

does anyone out there know much about the UK tax system?

I will be finishing a contract job in May 2009 but for the last three months of that contract, I won't be at work, i will be on 'leave' so to speak, but still picking up a salary from the contract company.

This means that technically i will be available to work for someone else from february 2009.

Can i pick up another full-time salary whilst still being paid by my present employer?

Cheers all

TP

Fake Websites Killed - United Kingdom x 1

Bank Accounts Reported - United States x 1 Thailand x 1 United Kingdom x 1 Nigeria x 1 Guernsey x 1

pony
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes you can. Many people in my job don't work for the last 3 or 4 months of their careers, but they are allowed to take up new employment straight away as soon as they are on terminal leave. In effect they are earning two salaries for several months. As long as it's all declared, and tax is paid, you can have as many salaries as you like, you're fine.

You'll need to look at the amounts though, two salaries may send you into the super tax bracket, but I doubt that bothers you too much. It's just one of those things.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Old No. 7
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ What Mugatu said.

The only other consideration is that your tax code will have your annual allowances encoded within it. If your second job uses the same tax code (or even a "Week 1 emergency code, I believe) you may not be paying enough tax, as you will effectively have doublre the allowances before deductions.

So bear in mind that, come tax year 07/08 end, you may owe the taxman a significant slug of your second earnings, even though you paid PAYE

200+ sites killed, from these countries => United Kingdom Netherlands Russia Nigeria Switzerland Ukraine South Africa Germany United States Canada Senegal Benin Spain Ghana Ivory Coast Cambodia Flag United Nations

pony pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar

Like my flags? Want some of your own? Let justjay teach you how to kill sites here (clicky).

Hobbes may have retired, but get his brilliant WriteJunk here (clicky) and never touch a .dll again

Proud to be a mouth-breather who posted a load of shit, disappeared into the night but mysteriously reappeared after a long absence
Roycropper
Undead Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It'll all come out in the wash. You can have as many jobs as you want (or have time for), employed and self employed.

PAYE jobs, if you are on an emergency code, give you one 52nd of your annual tax free allowance (Currently 5,225) per week. If you have 2 jobs, they may be both giving it you , which is where an overpayment can arise.

Keep a bit to one side, if you have to complete a Tax Return for 08/9 then any overpayment will be billed back to you. I wouldn't be surprised if nothing happens though. As the period straddles the Tax year end (5th April, they use the Roman calendar for some bizzare reason) it will affect 08/9 and 09/10. Tax underpaid for 08/9 won't be due until 31 Jan 2010!

That'll be 22, plus VAT please. Wink

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Tommo Shanter
Swiss Toni

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Templeton Peck wrote:
Can i pick up another full-time salary whilst still being paid by my present employer?

As already said above...Yes. You can have as many jobs/self employments as you are physically capable of doing.

Make sure you get a P45 from your last employer and give a copy to your new employer. The P45 details what gross pay and income tax you have received/been deducted up to the date of leaving. This should (hopefully) ensure that your new employer operates the correct PAYE deduction from your salary from the start, thus avoiding any under/overpayments.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic