SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

National Lottery: WINNING NOTIFICATION:

View next topic
View previous topic

AppleMac
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Please bear with me as I'm so new to this site. I am wondering (and am probably correct) whether the following email is a scam... They did not even sent it to my email address. How does that work? So what do I do now (except reply with honesty)? Suggestion please? ps I did not enter any such thing ('Smile')

The National Online Lottery
[/color]P O Box 1010 Liverpool,
L70 1NL UNITED KINGDOM
(Customer Services)
Ref: UK/9420X2/68
Batch: 074/05/ZY369

WINNING NOTIFICATION:
We happily announce to you that you are a winner ofthe draw (#1088) of
the UK NATIONAL ONLINE LOTTERY, online Sweepstakes International
program held on 15th of January, 2008. Your e-mail address attached
to ticket number:56475600545 188 with Serial number 5368/02 drew
the lucky numbers:2-3-21-24-38-44 (bonus no.47), which subsequently won
you the lottery in the 2nd category i.e match 5 plus bonus. You have
therefore been approved to claim a total sum of 3,000,000(Three
Million pounds sterling) in cash All participants for the online
version were selected randomly from World Wide Web sites through
computer draw system and extracted from over 100,000 unions,
associations, and corporate bodies that are listed online. This
promotion takes place weekly. Please note that your lucky winning
number falls within our European booklet representative office in
England as indicated in your play coupon. For security reasons, you
are advised to keep your winning information confidential till your
claims is processed and your money remitted to you in whatever manner
you
deem fit to claim your prize. This is part of our precautionary
measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this
program.
Please be warned.
To file for your claim, please contact our claims agent: Mr Williams
Spencer, with your full names and draw number(i.e 1088)
1.First Name:
2.Last Name:
3.Your Ref:
4.Address:
5.Country:
6.Telephone:
7.Occupation:
8.Age:
9.Preferred payment Mode:
(a) Cheque (b) Bank Transfer

Name;Mr Williams Spencer
E-mail Address:- [email protected]
Telephone:+44-703 1947253
Fax:+44 -+448704792368, +448704794060
Good luck from me and members of staff of the UK
NATIONAL ONLINE
LOTTERY.

Yours faithfully,
Richard K. Lloyd
Online coordinator for
UK NATIONAL ONLINE LOTTERY
Sweepstakes International Program Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Rolling Eyes
thefife
"Mercedes Dealer"

Location: Soaked in Holy Ghost Fiyah...it tastes like chicken

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello & welcome Very Happy

If you are leaning toward this is a scam, then you would be correct!
This is a standard issue lotto scam.

Barr. Johnny Gawa: Hello Baby.
Let hope to make it more real for good. (+2 pics of him rockin his delicate underthings)

Pastor Ramesh:Dear Mother Guch33y B4ggs in christ,
...So we want repair our tached prayer house. If you would like to help us 500 dollars it will be great help...Now I am some pictures for your kind notice. I am waiting for your reply.
Thanking you. Yours in His service (+ Banner!)

Pastor Ramesh: I dont want any luxary life ...Presently I need bicycle. It cost nearly $100 dollars. If you give this it is great need for me.

Mortar 10+ Twisted Evil
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As thefife has stated, 100% scam.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Applemac, welcome to the insanity that is the eater forum.

Please before you try anything, go to the Help, Hint, and Tips section of the forum and read the sticky subjects about FAQs, safe baiting, and mentors. Much to learn there.

If nothing else, bait safe - do NOT reply to this messages from your normal email account. Set up a baiting account under a false identity at a free provider such as gmail or yahoo.
Quote:
They did not even sent it to my email address. How does that work?

Probably Bcc:?

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater
Julian Day
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Co-incidentally, I've also won the same lottery...three times in the last seven days! Shocked

A good quick rundown of top-10 scams is on:-

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/Kent/top10scams.htm
thefife
"Mercedes Dealer"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Another good rule of thumb is if it seems too good to be true, IT IS A SCAM.

If you are American, you cannot win a foreign lottery. I'm sure other countries have similar laws.

If you had a multi-million dollar trunk box/inheritance would you trust someone you never met to safeguard it for you? Would you randomly contact someone over the internet to ask if they can accept your millions? Maybe it's just me, but I'm immediately suspicious of people don't have at least 3 people in their general circle they can go to when in trouble. I understand if your entire family wants you dead, but you don't have ONE friend? I would be inclined to think the reason for that is your fault, it just can't be everybody else.

If you were a barrister would you violate your ethical obligations by contact some random person on the internet to ask them to break the law by masquerading as your dead client's next of kin? Furthermore, even if you were willing to do that, you should have enough $$ in your business account to cover any filing fees. Although on 2nd thought if you were sketch enough to break the law in the first place, you probably are co-mingly your business and personal accounts & are broke as a joke. In any event, why would you associate yourself w/ such a person?

What are some of the others? Oh hitmen. If you were a hitman, would you contact the target by email to demand they pay up or else? Any self-respecting hitman would just do his job & mind his own business. If he really didn't want to do it, he could always report it to the police.

If in doubt, just err on the side of caution. A healthy dose of paranoia never hurt anybody.

Let hope to make it more real for good. (+2 pics of him rockin his delicate underthings)

...So we want repair our tached prayer house. If you would like to help us 500 dollars it will be great help...Now I am some pictures for your kind notice. I am waiting for your reply.

Pastor Ramesh: I dont want any luxary life ...Presently I need bicycle. It cost nearly $100 dollars. If you give this it is great need for me.

Mortar 10+ Twisted Evil
419weasel
The great and powerful Princess Mooshka

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

AppleMac wrote:
How does that work?

The lad sends the first letter (like the one you posted). Then after the receiver replies, they ask for personal information and some fees to be paid. They may send false certificates and ID cards to make themselves look legitimate. Once the victim has sent the fees, they will most likely disappear. But, if the scammer has the nuts, they will turn around and pull a money recovery scam later on.

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
Breddan Butter
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

AppleMac wrote:
I am wondering (and am probably correct) whether the following email is a scam...
I'm wondering if you are having a little joke with us. Smile

AppleMac wrote:
They did not even sent it to my email address.
So it's not meant for you. Smile

AppleMac wrote:
I did not enter any such thing
So, you know that you can't be a 'winner' Smile

Of course it's a scam and of course you can't be a winner.
What is the real point of your post Question

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
if it seems too good to be true, IT IS A SCAM.

But it's 100% risky free, it says so right there in black and white electrons.

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater
thefife
"Mercedes Dealer"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bohigal wrote:
But it's 100% risky free, it says so right there in black and white electrons.

I stand corrected. What are you waiting for? Go get your winnings!!

Mortar 10+ Twisted Evil
justinv
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Notice the contact numbers they gave you. Anything that has a +4470 prefix is a forwarding number which means they could be anywhere in the world. In reality they are very likely somewhere in West Africa (particularly Nigeria).
BTW How did they get your email address? Shocked
Old No. 7
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If I can chip in a little here, I think I understand the potential misunderstanding about the email address issue.

I think the email may have been sent to AppleMac with their email address in the "bcc" field, so AppleMac does not see their email address in the "To" field of the email - hence it looks like "it wasn't sent to my email address"

If this is the case AppleMac, a quick look at the email headers will show which of your email addresses (or the only one, if that's all you have) the email was sent to. It may also show which country it came from, depending on the ISP/email client.

If I'm wrong, have mis-understood and butted in needlessly, I'll get my coat.....

200+ sites killed, from these countries => United Kingdom Netherlands Russia Nigeria Switzerland Ukraine South Africa Germany United States Canada Senegal Benin Spain Ghana Ivory Coast Cambodia Flag United Nations

pony pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar

Like my flags? Want some of your own? Let justjay teach you how to kill sites here (clicky).

Hobbes may have retired, but get his brilliant WriteJunk here (clicky) and never touch a .dll again

Proud to be a mouth-breather who posted a load of shit, disappeared into the night but mysteriously reappeared after a long absence
AppleMac
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you guys and girls ... for all you helpful tips and time out to write your comments.

Knowing I sound naive (note to Breddan Butter) but I never had anything like this before. Especially as I work off a MAC Smile

Now... if you are talking about how to get fission reaction from neutrons... Very Happy Very Happy

Again thank you and I will be double, even triple paranoid from now on!!
Breddan Butter
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You are correct, AppleMac, I was suggesting that you were either being naive or possibly having a joke at our expense. Laughing

You did say that the original scam mail was not sent to your address, so I'm still wondering how you thought it was for you.
I also reiterate the point that if you didn't enter a lottery you won't win one.

A couple of other points come to mind:
You are in the UK and could be expected to know that the National Lottery expect you to claim with your winning ticket. They have no idea who purchased any particular ticket so it would be impossible for them to send out emails anyway.
You also say that "I never had anything like this before. Especially as I work off a MAC" followed by a smiley. That's a bit of MAC user misplaced smugness. You obviously have an email account and that means you'll get spam. MAC user or not. (as has been proved by your opening post Laughing )

I didn't mean to give you a hard time but I do consider that you should have instantly recognised the email you posted as a scam.

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic