SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Burnt Gatsos!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Herp
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.speedcam.co.uk/gatso2.htm

HUGE gallery of vandalised UK speed cameras... and if these aren't scams, i don't know what is Laughing

bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And who is going to pay for the mindless vandalism...... thats right, me the great British tax payer Sad

pony pony Mortar x18
kubis
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
me the great British tax payer

And the rest of us who decide to work rather than ponce

Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sadly, I think the rest of the Gatso fleet will have no trouble raising the money to pay for the damaged ones, so your taxes shouldn't be too troubled.

I was surprised to see one vandalized in law abiding Switzerland last time I was there.

As much as this mindless vandalism is to be condemned, obviously, I have heard that drilling / finding a small hole and filling them with expanding builder's foam f*cks them up big time.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not sure what i'm missing here, if you speed then be prepared to pay the fines or worst case lose your licence, also whats all the hype about UK cameras being hidden?, this is what we have to put up with here in Germany.

The wheelie bin one just sits on the side of the road on bin day.

The tailgate/bootlid on the estate car would be closed and the car parked up at the side of the road.

pony pony Mortar x18
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We get the car here as well, but ours are marked, so you know what it is. Admittedly you know once you pass it, which is too late, but you will know. The thing that annoys me is people who complain they got caught when they were "only doing 38 in an 30 zone". I'm not going to claim innocence and make out I never break the speed limit, but when people complain they got caught after breaking the speed limit by 25% or more, then I have no sympathy for them.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm with Bombadier on this one.
If you dont speed , in effect if you obey the law, you dont get caught.
Most speed cameras in the UK are brightly coloured, therefore visible. And there's a website giving locations.
You can even do a search of your journey and get warnings as to where the cameras are along your route.
Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Does anybody know how to get in touch with these vandals? There is one on the corner of Eastchase and Meadowbrook that I would like taken care of. I swear that the thing is set to photo any vehicle that moves. Shocked

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Post deleted. It's an issue I feel strongly on so I don't really want to get into any heated discussion on it.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris

Last edited by Mugatu on Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This kind of brings it home

Clicky for short vid

pony pony Mortar x18
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Did read about a speed camera in Holland, set in a residential area, which had the speed set at 19mph.
It flashed at 24 mph, when the film was developed, they could not believe their eyes.
The camera had taken a photograph of a low flying duck doing 24 mph.
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Heres a 64 kmh pigeon Laughing

pony pony Mortar x18
wokabo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ duck, not pigeon

Fight My Brute
packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thats the thing about the good old USA we dont need alot of those speed cameras here because we are such law abiding citizens here Laughing oops almost sead it with a straight face

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Vandalism isnt the answer, as said we all end up paying for it in the long run.

Someone could get seriously hurt - you can go to jail for life for arson, what if a field goes up in flames or a house? You going to tell someones kids why mom and dad died?

I hate the cameras too, but i dont speed so dont bother with them much, but i certainly wouldnt put people at risk of death - and lets be fair thats what sticking a petrol filled tyre could do - what if a bloody petrol tanker breaks down right next to it and explodes? Its called sods law for a reason, because it can happen it probably will, where will the people who do it be when it does? they may seem like hereos now but in that situation there not going to seem so good.

Think before you act - as my dad always told me - act in haste repent at leisure.

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i am with mugatu on this one and really dont want to comment

i did once participate in a legal demonstration and got talking to some others
and their way of getting back at the UK government was to go around burning these pieces of art to the ground.

Confused

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
leeuwen
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is those links just burned ones?
Here in The Netherlands I've seem them with bullet holes in them.. Shocked

Idiots..replacing those things will end up costing them more money then if they just paid the ticket..
I aprove of these things, although some of these cams are put in in ridicilious places *Around here there was one just after the sign that changed the speed from 80 to 60. That one must have paid itself back in triple :S*
I even think they should make them smaller and because of that less likely to get targeted (for example, in signs above the road)

"IM STILL SLEEPING IN STREET WITH HEAVY CILD HERE AND I CONTACT YOU THROUGH NET
FROM THE MONEY I BEG FROM ETHIOPIA EOPLE FROM STREET. PLEASE IM WEAK AND TIRES OF LIVING WITH OUT HELP. "
M1d0r1
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm speaking as someone who still has a clean license but I think the sheer amount of cameras is symptomatic of a bad drift in UK.

I don't mind cameras where they are placed at bad spots but they even are sticking them on motorways - the safest roads in the country.

However, I drive so little I have trouble getting worked up over issue ... SOCPA legislation is my soap box subject.
Rorschach
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

IMO these cameras are a money making/saving device rather than actually being an aid to road safety.

They make a stack of money by fining far more people than the cops ever could (and WIDR anyone that says that they never break the speed limit is either fooling themselves or about 70 years old), and as a by product making some people lose their licences and possibly jobs. I know a couple of stretchs of road in London where you could potentially lose your licence in the space of 10 miles. One of these roads in particular (Yes I'm talking about you, Mr A40) has speed limits that seem to change randomly from 40 to 50mph and back again with little prior notice and many of the cameras are just after where it changes.

They save a stack of money for the police who no longer have to worry about enforcing speeding laws. So they can reassign the men to other duties (like filling in forms that are almost lad-like in their complexity Mad ). Fewer cops on the roads = fewer drunk and uninsured drivers caught.

Break em all

BRUNO HAYFORD: "you are an eel, 75% negative, 10% positive, 10% amorphous and 5% blank"
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fo'andles wrote:
Did read about a speed camera in Holland, set in a residential area, which had the speed set at 19mph.
It flashed at 24 mph, when the film was developed, they could not believe their eyes.
The camera had taken a photograph of a low flying duck doing 24 mph.

Mythbusters once tested radar and lidar gun myths (as in supposed countermeasures) and to finish off, tested to see if a radar/lidar gun would pick up a passing falcon. It did, several times.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
packman
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

(rorschach sead)"anyone that says that they never break the speed limit is either fooling themselves or about 70 years old"

HEY im only 45 but ill always drive the speed limit, witch drives my wife up the wall Very Happy

Closed lad accounts x3
Ivor Grimey Colon
"Trophy slut"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't understand peoples' beef with speed cameras. If you don't want to pay a speeding ticket, stick to the speed limit. It's not like it's an unreasonable law, or like they're trying to catch you out. They're bright yellow and there's signs telling you where they are. If you're a bad enough driver to get caught with all that warning, you deserve a ticket.

Clarkson really annoys me with this. He's got a completely clean license, so he clearly doesn't speed. What's he complaining about?

"If your bait does not cause an ethics thread, you are not baiting hard enough." - YeaWhatever

Pimp My Number | A Donation a Day keeps Nurse Nasty at bay
M1d0r1
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ ^^ for starters -

1) The powers that be are dishonest in their reasoning for having them - i.e. officially only used in traffic blackspots but in practice on motorways.

2) Preoccupation with speed means other causes of serious accidents are ignored - the result of all these speed cameras was removal of traffic police. Dangerous driving (eg tailgating, over taking) no longer is an issue as the cameras don't see it. Cars without MOT's no longer an issue nor even having a driving license.

3) the huge growth in number of cameras means most feel this is a revenue raising exercise rather than a genuine exercise to prevent accidents

4) they can cause a dangerous over-reaction in drivers (e.g. excessive braking when seen) causing more accidents than they are saving.

and so on ...
packman
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

after loseing my licenes for 6 and a half years due to a DWI and a couple driving after revocations i follow the traffic laws to the letter because a NEVER want to be without my car again

Closed lad accounts x3
Ivor Grimey Colon
"Trophy slut"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

M1d0r1 wrote:
1) The powers that be are dishonest in their reasoning for having them - i.e. officially only used in traffic blackspots but in practice on motorways.
The only motorways I've seen them on are those with variable speed limits, but even so I don't think they're a bad idea on motorways. Whatever the statistics for accidents are, if you're breaking the speed limit an accident's more likely than if you aren't, since the increase in your stopping distance is exponential.

M1d0r1 wrote:

4) they can cause a dangerous over-reaction in drivers (e.g. excessive braking when seen) causing more accidents than they are saving.
That's more to do with bad drivers than speed cameras. There's plenty of warning when one's coming up, so plenty of time to slow down if you need to. If you've got a driving license you should be able to make yourself aware of the speed limit and stick to it so the problem if slowing down doesn't arise.

"If your bait does not cause an ethics thread, you are not baiting hard enough." - YeaWhatever

Pimp My Number | A Donation a Day keeps Nurse Nasty at bay
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic