SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Would this work ? - Automated scam mail reply system

View next topic
View previous topic

WildEC
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Being rather new here I dont know whether this had been done before but it seems like a pretty good idea to me.

Heres the plan:

Objective:
Use an automated reply system to totaly tie up the lad with so many false email replies he'll never find a real one and if he does probably wont believe it.

The basic logic is simple enough:

1) software reads the scam email, geting a rough idea of the scam (lottery, investment, puppies, whatever)

2) based on the scam type it then replies with 1 question from a list of applicable questions from a bank of bait email addresses

3) repeat (2) for a load of different email addresses

4) upon reply is then asks another question.

its just a rough idea for now, might have a go at making it later on. but would it work? has it been done before ? would other baiters be interested in running this also ? being new Im surprised its not been tought of before but couldnt see any reference to anything similar.

Wild E C
Luther Blissett
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi there & welcome. What you're describing is known as an autobaiter. Do a forum search for it and you see.

Banks: Ivory Coast Netherlands United Kingdom Ghana United Nations x1 Nigeria x2 Law Firms: South Africa United Kingdom Nigeria x1 Misc. Mugu Pooh: United Kingdom China x1 United Nations x2 HYIPs: pyramid x25 Phonelad Websites: Cellphone x6

Donate the Nurse, the Eater needs Pants... Err? * Scamwarners.com * Artists against 419 * Kill HYIPs & Ponzi Scams!
e6ffdyr0
Edshu the Fool

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the eater Exclamation
In fact this is a brillant idea and it has been done before. We call it "autobaiter". While parsing the lads-mail would be too much of a burden, just sending out replies from a list would do the trick.

I did some attempts with chaining freemail services offering filters and outoresponce into one another. If you run your own server, you can build and run your own autobaiter, which is probably more rewarding.

You will find some related stuff here:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46997
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=47031
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53847

Edit: Ooohh, Luther Blissett was faster than me Embarassed

i DEY SHIT ON UR PAPA AND UR MAMA HEAD. iNSHORT I GO ASK RAT TO SHIT INSIDE THERE MOUTHS IF U KNOW DEY CAREFUL. AND U GO ROAT IN HELL FIRE YOU AND ALL YOUR FAMI;LY. (tunde aramide)

11x Cellphone
Pith Helmet Tamale -> Accra (4hm3d R4y4n K4d1r1)
Pith Helmet Hamburg -> Hannover (B4rry M3ns4)
J0shua Al4mu Th0mas & K3lvin Oz1ri (both courtesy of Prudential Ltd.)
Exclamation For reasons only known to myself, I have discontinued all my funbaiting efforts. Exclamation

Last edited by e6ffdyr0 on Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
WildEC
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

thought it would have been done before, damn... was soo proud of myself too!
e6ffdyr0
Edshu the Fool

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

and you can be. The fact that others thought of you, does not disminsh your own archievement.

maybe if you stay to this pasttime, one day you will think of something new and the lads will hate you for it Cool

i DEY SHIT ON UR PAPA AND UR MAMA HEAD. iNSHORT I GO ASK RAT TO SHIT INSIDE THERE MOUTHS IF U KNOW DEY CAREFUL. AND U GO ROAT IN HELL FIRE YOU AND ALL YOUR FAMI;LY. (tunde aramide)

11x Cellphone
Pith Helmet Tamale -> Accra (4hm3d R4y4n K4d1r1)
Pith Helmet Hamburg -> Hannover (B4rry M3ns4)
J0shua Al4mu Th0mas & K3lvin Oz1ri (both courtesy of Prudential Ltd.)
Exclamation For reasons only known to myself, I have discontinued all my funbaiting efforts. Exclamation
WildEC
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

thanks for the info / feedback guys

reading up on autobaiters as we speak.

One thing that I have noticed is anyone making an autobaiter seems to be very concerned with how long they can keep one lad atached to one bait email address. IE how many replies they can keep there system doing before the lad gets smart. surely it would be a hell of a lot more productive to send 1 lad say 50 different replies from 50 different email accounts asking for info that isnt probably scripted. it would still mean he'd have to waste more time replying but also when he does start to figure out hes been "mass bot baited" hes going to have a hell of a time sifting threw them to find the real victims.

think Im going to have a play making one up to my own spec, though Im guessing bandwidth maybe a problem. Will cross that bridge when i come to it.

W E C
GomerPyle
Pervert Bastard

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

... and for the technically challenged, like myself, I mass bait Lotto Lads, but don't use a programme to do it. I just rely on the fact that their tactics are largely the same and I use template replies. The last batch I took on was just under 250.

Of course that has made a little lightbulb (low wattage) come on inside my brain, and wonder if a standard auto baiting script could be bent, for use specifically against Lotto Lads. As their requests are virtually predictable (or just a choice between 2 or 3 alternatives), the replies can be much more specific and be targetted to obtain the specific things that are required, like scam bank accounts.

If you could do that WildEC, I for one would use it, and find it exceedingly useful.

Lotto Lads are the cockroach infestation of the internet and anything that allows them to be tied up wasting their time would be a brilliant tool.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
WildEC
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i'll get some base code done asap and read up on lottery scams. god so much to learn heh!

didn't even think about getting there bank details now thats definatly somthing to aim for!

W E C
GomerPyle
Pervert Bastard

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have template replies already scripted, which is a starting point - though there's no sense always saying exactly the same thing.

I know nothing much about auto-baiters. Does each baiter run their own script or is it run centrally ? If it is run centrally does each baiter have control over what type of replies are given.

My tactic is know as a 'Dollar Chop' - more reading required for you - where a third party Lad (played by the baiter) comes in and intercepts payments the victim has supposedly made.

In that case - my question is - would it be possible for the script to send messages to the scammer in a name different to that of the original fake victim ?

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
WildEC
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

GomerPyle wrote:
I know nothing much about auto-baiters. Does each baiter run their own script or is it run centrally ? If it is run centrally does each baiter have control over what type of replies are given.

That would entirely depend on the system used, though from what Ive seen there all run independantly, as most of my experiance is in multi-user DB's I'll code it so that in can do both.

Im thinking 1st the system replies with one of a set of standard replies.
Upon a reply from the lad the sytem then searchs for key phrases and picks a reply according to that phrase. e.g scammer says "send bank details" system replies "bank: XXX acc: XXX sort: XXX etc"

GomerPyle wrote:
My tactic is know as a 'Dollar Chop' - more reading required for you - where a third party Lad (played by the baiter) comes in and intercepts payments the victim has supposedly made.

In that case - my question is - would it be possible for the script to send messages to the scammer in a name different to that of the original fake victim ?

In theory yes it will, I have an idea of 3rd party emailing software i want to use that can take multiple senders with but I have yet to check if i can mask IPs with it.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For a DIY threaded autobaiter, seeing as the first few lad mails will just be script posts anyway, it makes sense whilst you're establishing your trusting relationship to do it scripted too. Now there's a lot of characters and threads to manage, but a lightweight CRM is designed to do just that (templates, autoresponders, tracking conversations, searching for keyphrases, etc). One that vlads seem to like is 'The Bat!' - free 30-day trial, and replaces outlook (for your fun), connects to multiple email/gmail accounts (helping with multicharacter baits), and is pretty super. It does a lot of what you're after already, but needs some work creating the templates and filters.

If you give it a go and want to hone its use for baiting, let me know and I may be able to help you with some of the regex terms for personalised templates, etc.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic