SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Monitor help

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've got about �150 to buy a new monitor, and I'm looking for some advice. For the price, would I be better off going for a 22" but no DVI, or a 19" with DVI? I don't really play games on my PC, but I do watch a lot of DVDs.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Only opinion but I'd get the 22", you'll probably enjoy the extrra size more then the slight quality improvement.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Consider how often you plan to need to relocate your computer. If often, go with the smaller monitor. I learned that one the hard way when I was in college and moving at the end of every semester Embarassed

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm interested, tell me more...
Tell me about contrast ratios of the 19" and the 22". Does the 19" have a standard perspective ratio and the 22" a widescreen? Are the makers the same? You do know that if your video card does not have DVI connector, you will need to get a card with one and the cable too. Some DVI monitors do come with the cable but the sky is the limit on the price of a new video card. I'm running a 22" and for a while only had it connected to the motherboard via VGA. It was a tremendous improvement over a first generation 17" LCD. I'm not sure that you will be able to see the difference between DVI and VGA on the 19" so until I hear more, I would say the bigger screen will allow you to better inspect the panties.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
wayne

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well in the end the decision was made for me by the fact the shop only had the 19" monitor in stock. I went for the Samsung Syncmaster 931bw, and can't believe the difference in the picture to my old CRT monitor.

419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Personally I think you did the right thing Wayne (so long as your video card has a DVI out!) especially if you work with text/graphics a lot. I wouldn't buy any monitor that didn't support DVI. To be fair, there are not that many decent monitors that don't have DVI in these days.

----------------------------------
Shiver's scammer trophies.
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Agree, DVI is nice. Also I stick with HDMI when it comes to TV's. The picture quality is just so much better for both.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DVI is good. I've got it running the TV too. I never bought a HDMI connector and with DVI at 1/6 the price and optical cables once available at the 99 Cents store, I go that way. I'm using a Samsung monitor, set top decoder and a Samsung dual compressor refrigerator. Samsung must figure if computers can benefit from dual processors, so can refrigerators. Good luck with your purchase Wayne.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
wayne

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My graphics card has DVI, and the cable was bundled in the box too. I think it'll take a little time to get used to the widescreen, and I'll need something to raise it up a bit too as I'm used to the screen being about 2 inches higher than where it it now, but otherwise I'm really pleased with it. No dead pixels either, which was another worry I had Smile

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wayne:

We just recently switched from CRT to flat screen monitors where I work (computer lease was up) most of the staff have placed a paper back book under the flat screen to raise it up a few inches. If you live in an area with a phone book of the proper thickness those are usually free Wink.

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Wayne: I use one of these on my PC monitor. Most decent monitors these days use the VESA mounting standard so it will work with just about any new flat screen monitor. It's cheap too!

http://svp.co.uk/product/newlink_desktop_tft_monitor_arm_5283

Shiver's scammer trophies.
RoyalFlush
Eater U Quiz winner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

CRT is of the devil. They trigger my stinkin' migraines. Flat screen of *any* sort is much nicer to me. Smile

It's you and your family that don't have ENOUGH BRIAN CELLS.

I am dying because of your love you,ve impacted in me.

pony
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic