SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

How fast is your broadband

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
eamonn
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I get about 6mb d/l, 500k u/l.

I pay �0.00 Cool

get your baiting forms here
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^yes mate but don't you work for a certain company who provides broadband. Wink

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
writeon
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

D/L = 1349 kb/sec
U/L = 343kb/sec

Not very fast, I know but if it was any faster I would fall off!!

"MY FINANCE DEPARTMENT TOLD'S ME TODAY THAT THE WESTERN UNION FORM YOU SENT WAS NOT VALID AND ELUCID" - Dr Frank Johnson

THERE IS A MURDER CASE WHICH I ENGAGE MY SELF INTO TO MAKE SURE THE CLIENT IS NOT KILLED BY HANGING, BUT I THANK GOD TODAY THAT THE CLIENT SUCIDED IN GOING TO JAIL INSTEAD OF HANGING TO DEATH,THAT IS THE REASON WHY I DIDN,T GET BACK TO YOU SOON. - Mohammed Traore

PLEASE HELP ME BECAUSE AM BURNING I MEAN I AM IN BETWEEN THE DEVIL AND THE RED SEA PLEASE. - Ruth
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My wireless:

Can't test my cable on the home PC as it is currently dead. Sad

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
notobescammed
Radio Man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have no idea how fast mine is.... but like our friend Eammon, mine also costs me �0.00 Laughing

you are trying to ask me if Iam a robber? is this correct? - Dr Usman
My own version meaning of the word (SCAM) {The Transaction you will start that will never end! - Kw3s1
Sometimes the truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off - Kw3s1

Pith Helmet Birthday Safari - Co Bait with FrumpyBB and Redshoes17

Click here to support 419Eater.com Nurse Nastys Audi TT
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerSkype Name
wokabo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DL is not bat, UL is rather crappy.

Fight My Brute
Professor So And So
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quite a few walls and about 50 yards from my neighbor's wireless router -

Safari - Mr. Neill - London, England - Glasgow, Scotland - "Yu are really causing confusions between us all."
Safari - William - Accra, Ghana - Maiduguri, Nigeria
Safari - Miracle - Benin - N'Djamena, Chad - "Too much mosquitoes"
Safari - Godspower - Ghana - N'Djamena, Chad
Golden Pith - Adamu - Lagos, Nigeria - Abeche, Chad (100 days in hell) - Shocked - "SAVE ME"
pony pony Pretty Rose Suitcase Mortar 17
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ That's stealing.

I get 5.945 M down and 0.4955 M up from my cable. I paid $44 this month on a pay as you go.
Until yesterday I was getting 0.233 M down and 0.128 M up on a DSL line capped at a laughable 3 M for $42. I started at $50. I could not connect to my DSL line provider today. Their customer disservice line is an endless loop. I am waiting for FIOS.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Sir Cumfrence
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

How low can you go?

Download: 207kpbs
Upload: 54.7kbps
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Connie:

Not stealing if your neighbor agrees and his TOS allows it. My TOS with my provider probably does not allow it, but they really only ban reselling so if I GIVE it away I should be okay Wink

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Up until a couple of months ago, I was still on a dial up. So this still seems super fast to me Very Happy

I have been lying in wait for someone to start a thread like this. I wanted to ask what the difference is between the these numbers:

Download Speed: 5902 kbps (737.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 478 kbps (59.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

I mean the difference in the numbers in parenthesis. I got these results from Here http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
Ivor Grimey Colon
"Trophy slut"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
The numbers before the parentheses are the transfer rates in bits, the numbers inside are the transfer rates in Bytes (8b = 1B). That's why the numbers in the parentheses are so much smaller. Your computer will report the speed of any transfers in Bytes rather than bits, and vice versa with the speed of your connection.
"k" and "K" are both an abbreviation for "kilo" meaning 1000 (or 1024, I'll explain why if you want, but you probably dont need to worry).

"If your bait does not cause an ethics thread, you are not baiting hard enough." - YeaWhatever

Pimp My Number | A Donation a Day keeps Nurse Nasty at bay
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks IGC Smile I knew what the K meant. I just didn't know there was a difference between bytes and bits. I still don't quite get it but I now know why the numbers are different.

I was trying to test the connection speed on my phone but it's says I need flash 7. When I try to download it, I'm told "safari can't download this file".

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
rootuser
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have 8MBit/s down and 1MBit/s up (I'm not sure about the upstream, could be more, but I'm sure it's not less). It's pretty sweet when you can download CD-images in a few minutes.

I'll add a pic from the speedtester tonight when I come home...

Edit:
@Weasel: The 54MBit/s that your connection-icon shows most probably is the speed of your Wireless-connection to your router. Wink

"This is what i sent to them am not with any money to go back to nigeria pls help."

United Kingdom (0.25 go to fake_buster)

Safari x4 Wole A.: Akure, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, Akure, Nigeria to Tanguieta, Benin (both with Thomas-the-Tank and Simba), Akure, Nigeria to Kano, Nigeria (with TtT and OD), Akure, Nigeria to Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire (with TtT)

Mortar

pony pony
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerSkype Name
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Not too shabby

I can thoroughly recommend Demon to any UK members. Unlimited downloads ( just don't kick the a*se out of it during work days) and 20 quid a month!

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So if I am doing my math correctly MM's speed is

Down 625.8 KBps
Up 47 KBps

Is that right? I think I understand now Smile

thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Edit: ^^^ Your maths is OK, but there is a good deal of overhead in any internet protocol, so it would be closer to divide by ten instead of eight. My 8Mbps link rarely gets as high as 600kBps. I've seen it in the 700s, but no higher.

Edit: because when you're talking about bits per second, you're usually talking about raw data speeds. Whereas when you are talking about bytes per second, you're usually wondering how long it will take to download your pr0n. So yes, you understand how the maths works, but in the real world it gets complex and an 8Mbps link can not download a 1MB file in one second.

I'm not with Pipex, not sure why it thinks I am.

It is worth paying more, if you pay the right people. CLICKY

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several

Last edited by thud419 on Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here at work in running 1.3mb d/l 1.5mb u/l
at home my service (comcast) is is suppost to be 8mb
but I use a nonconcast modem and i run anywhere from 15mb and 25mb with a 15ms ping
rootuser
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay, here's my measurement:

"This is what i sent to them am not with any money to go back to nigeria pls help."

United Kingdom (0.25 go to fake_buster)

Safari x4 Wole A.: Akure, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, Akure, Nigeria to Tanguieta, Benin (both with Thomas-the-Tank and Simba), Akure, Nigeria to Kano, Nigeria (with TtT and OD), Akure, Nigeria to Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire (with TtT)

Mortar

pony pony
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerSkype Name
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic