SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

The chicken and the egg

View next topic
View previous topic

Poll :: Has it made a difference?

I watched and will be changing my buying habits
15%
 15%  [ 5 ]
I watched but will not be changing my buying habits
18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
I already buy free range chicken and eggs
66%
 66%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 33

Lagerfeld
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

another vote for having chickens in the backyard. It's cheap and easy. The eggs are MUCH better than you get in the store. It's rather economical, and it teaches the children discipline, respect, and reality.

I see in the store that they are selling organic milk with the omega three oil added to it. I don't trust them to put additives in. When I want the kids to have their oils, I chase them down, wrestle them to the ground, and pour a teaspoon of Cod Liver Oil down their throats.

I suppose the Omega 3 oil in the eggs is from feed, but I still don't trust them to do that. I like the eggs that say 100% vegitarian feed for the chickens. I think that's important. I don't eat the head or spinal cord of any animal anymore.

I wouldn't be surprised if we find out that too much Omega 3 oil is no good for us anyway.
packman
Aye Spel Betterrer

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As for someone whos sister had a organic chicken farm for about 5 years. what that dont tell you is the free range chickens are not any more humanly taken care of the caged hens. one of the main things thats why she got out of it is both caged and free range is they get whats calling coop cough. very easly treatable but in organic you cant it one hen gets it you have to destroy it and by the time you find the one that has it many will get it so you have to destroy o lot of them, she at time had to destroy any where from 100 to 5000 hens because of it. and thats a lot of money down the drain. and the way they destroy them is they take the live chicken and throw them into a wood chipper. and as she sez when asked whats the diffrence between reg eggs and organic eggs....250 a doz
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I buy whatever is the cheapest, personally. I didn't see the show. However, I am quite certain that if I had, it would not have changed my opinion. But, I also have a heart of stone.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Frozboz
AT-AT Squad Leader

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We buy whatever's cheapest. I used to take a 20-mile trip to the country every 2 weeks to buy free-range eggs, but it's just too much of a hassle now with the price of gas/petrol and time being more valuable lately.

Wooden Trophies: Stormtrooper Helmet - AT-AT #1 - AT-ATs #3, #4 & #5
Brass Trophy: AT-AT #2
Mortar x3
Rorschach
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been buying the cheap chickens but either free range or barn eggs. The difference to the budget is modest with the eggs compared with the chickens - my supermarket sells the cheap ones for about 4.00 wheras at our local farmers market the (presumably fully organic) ones go for 13 which is more than a decent joint of beef would cost from the same trader.

However, I do find the idea of eating something that has been bred for super growth and is only a few weeks old to be fairly unpleasant and when I opened up a 3.99 roast in the bag chicken yesterday the carcass literally fell apart. The meat was fairly tasteless too. So Ill probably trade up to buying free (or semi free) range birds when Im able to afford to do so. Just looking at the supermarket website they sell organic chickens for around 10 so the difference remains significant.

BRUNO HAYFORD: "you are an eel, 75% negative, 10% positive, 10% amorphous and 5% blank"
irishemigrant
I Told You So

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ I buy maybe 1 chicken a month for a roast here, and organic, Dunnes here have irish organic 1.8 kg for 6.99

OK, it's as well tasteless like any chicken now, I really don't know why I bother now I've written that, ok, make that I'm not going to bother with chicken till I get my 5 acre farm and can raise my own again

Eggs, Dunnes have free range large for 2.30 a half dozen, extra large free range for 2.10 a half dozen, I haven't worked that one out yet either

I can get a tray of 20 for 5.99 but no saying where from

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
Nelsonsbattle
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Connie L. Gus wrote:
Rooster eggs are terrible.

Um, Connie, I didn't think that roosters laid eggs ?

Maybe you have different roosters to what we have down here. Mind you, they pump so many hormones into chickens these days that roosters probably do lay eggs now.

"tell you die, fuck you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ooooooo" Samull the scammer on being burned
Safari (Samull's trip from Cotonou, Benin, to Lagos, Nigeria, to meet the lovely Steffy)
Mortar x3

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic