SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

How long have you had one scambait going?

View next topic
View previous topic

miggydude
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Guys.

Although this is first post, ive been here before under a different user name. And to be quite honest i cant remember what it was! But work got busy and personal commitments didnt give me enough time to continue the hobby. But work got boring and i cant think of anything better to do other than waste some scammers time again!

Anyway i was wondering what your longest scambait has ever been? Im trying to go for a proper marathon scambait 6 months.. a year even because i was 419d by someone who said they had 2 months left to live. So would find it amusing if they are still alive this time next year!
But less than a month later they are demanding why i havnt sent the money through western union yet! But im stalling them!
Ima Baeder
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The length of the bait (time wise) is affected by how slowly you let the lad move forward and how often you write to him. If you only write once per day or every other day, obviously it will take longer to reach the pay stage. It also depends on the scammer. Some of them move right into the pay stage while others try to build rapport.

My longest running bait is also one of my first baits, started about 2 weeks after joining here and still going strong (almost 8 months).
It has been fast past at times. I'm sure I could have moved it along much more slowly but sometimes I was having too much fun and sometimes I was just bored and wanted to spice it up. I've written to him almost every day, sometimes several times per day. (Though I'm running a few different baits on him, some characters stay quiet for periods of a week).

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm helping with a bait that's been ongoing for about 4 years now. I have 2 that I've had for a year now.

vLad's ebay auction states "Wonderful seller! Thinks "out of the box" to get item to you."
<br>
starstar Ghana Easter Egg 2013

Vcamera <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsRobinson419"> Click to see the videos Ed sent me.</a><br>
<A href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/index.html"> Eliza's lad quotes, photos, and audio files</a>
Mortar x12
*this sig icon has been censored* <br><a href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/809104_ML.pdf" > click here</a> for a Bank Account Transfer Form.
Golden Pith
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Keep in mind that a lot of baiters "recycle" the same mugu, using new e-mail accounts, new names and new modalities. The length of such a serial bait is very open ended.

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My longest current bait is 13 months, there are others on the forum with a bait going for 1, 2 and 3 years in length Very Happy

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Most of mine last a few months, something like 3 on average.

It depends on your skill of course. At one end of the scale, some people set out to slap and abuse the lad and it's over in a week. At the other end you've got some really skilled baiters here that keep lads on the hook for a year... I won't name them, they'll blush. Wink

It also depends on what you set out to do. Time waste / trophy / safari / abuse... it's all different timescales.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had one last 16 months, and another one is currently in it's 9th month and still going strong. The rest are usually anything from a week or so to maybe 3 or 4 months on average.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My longest has been about 4 months on a single "modality" (there's that damn word, again!) bait. It seems I have gotten some of the more intelligent lads. I have not found my "box of rocks" yet, like Ed, Ike, Joseph, or some of the more famous lads around here.

Welcome back to eater! Very Happy

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari [email protected] & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & [email protected] - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Buck Turgidson
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Morris Lads have been on the go forever Laughing

If we make it to April, it'll be two years Shocked

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=72805

DOCTOR SAID I SHOULD BRING SOME MONEY SO THAT HE CAN WASH HER WOMB VERY WELL- Rev Joe

I believe that this was done by some imposters or herkers who manipulate mails through the internet. Rev Joe

THANK YOU TO BAYTERZ ALL AROUND THE WORLD, YOUR WORK IS APPRICIATED (joe yet again)
LaBrea
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My first bait lasted almost 5 months, ran through 6 of my characters and 3 of his. I still am baiting him (3rd bait now) so I've been yanking him for 8 months now.
I have a couple others that are of the 2 or 3 month range, but I have gone through many quickies as well.
It just depends on the type of bait, the baiter's goals, and the lad.
One lad I am currently baiting never mentioned a fee for the first 6 weeks, and we were communicating 3 or 4 times a week. Those are the most satisfying to me, it's a lot like chess. Smile
Then you have the type that are totally lost off-script, like the "Nigerian Civil Servant with $12 million to invest" that I talked into applying for a small business loan, he sent the application back with just his name and address after 2 weeks! Laughing

"Sir I sworn an oath as a legal luminary to defend your cause in all ramification from the armpit of the law" - Barr. W4k4r4 Iss4c
pony pony pony Mortar x6 Closed lad accounts x25
Click here to help your lad miss his scam quota
Capella
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Eliza_Doolittle wrote:
I'm helping with a bait that's been ongoing for about 4 years now.

Im sorry for the quote but Shocked Shocked Shocked

The how what why when who comes into play about now.
firehouse5

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My longest started the beginning of October 2004 and is still going on. But I have managed to draw it out so long by unpredictable responses. Sometimes I will send multiple messages in a day, other times I will wait a week or three without responding. And in one memorable occasion, months! This was after the tragic death of my main character, who fortunately had a family member to continue correspondence. Eventually.

It should come as no surprise that the lad would prefer that I reply in a more regular manner, and he gets grumpier and grumpier the longer he has to wait.

e.g. today's message from my lad (I haven't mailed him in a month, although one of his colleagues received an encouraging new year wish):
Quote:
I hope that no one else is trying to deceive you again, i have been expecting to read from you before now but to no avail, if any body is trying to deceive you again let him give you proove which shows that he is the original person that is in posecion of your consignment documents, why are you still delaying, tell me what is happening to you. i hope there is no problem, let that person give you your account number and your fax number as i have given to you to proove to you that your consignment is in my care,

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I speed bait to be honest. I don't see the point of dragging a bait out too long. The purpose of scambaiting is to waste their time. If there is a gap in the bait when neither you or the lad are sending Emails to one another you are no longer waisting his time and so it becomes pointless IMO. Usually there is only so long they will carry on trying to contact you without response depending on how desperate they are for some cash.

I'm currently in my longest bait and mail the original contact or barrister connected to this bait usually either every day or every other day and it is now nearly two and a half months; my previous records was six weeks.

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

Pith Helmet France - Luxembourg

Closed lad accounts x26 - 2012 Closed lad accounts x258 - 2013
Closed lad accounts x263 - 2014 Closed lad accounts x160 - 2015
Closed lad accounts x204 & x1 - 2016
Closed lad accounts x154 - 2017
(Grand Total Closed lad accounts 1065) Golden Pig
Jayhawk
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've had Dan since October 2006. Then again, Dan is a very special lad.

It will be a sad day when the Morris lads decide to leave. They're my favorite.

Yes pets are allowed as far as you will occupy the apartment alone, you can release the Kraken.

i will kill you even if it take me to go to jail i will do that because i hate you with all my life....
assisin killer to Feathers McGraw
PLEASE I BEG YOU TO LET ME KNOW THAT PIGGIES OF YOURS PLEASE... assisin killer to Feathers again
Vcamera x5 Safari Team Humphere
ChainYanker
Collecting TShirts the Hard Way

Location: Shouting "Fire!" in crowded theaters across America

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I haven't managed to hold on to a lad for more than a few weeks. Heck, most of the them don't even respond to my initial e-mails. I think I emit invisible anti-lad rays ot something.

FEMALE

"This deal does not have anything to do with religion because we are talking about $10.150 million us dollars" -Bangu Mali

"YOUR DEATH IS AT HAND HENCE YOU LEARNT HOW TO DOUBLE CROSS OTHER GUYMAN KEEP IT ON AND WATCH OUT" -Don Jack

"why is it that you dont believed that the unicorn is avaialabe" -Victoria Smith

"i have seen that you are not financially capable to handle this great opportunity maturedly" -Muhammad Bla1se

Earned a pony, earned a bun, still not sure what they mean --> pony
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My personal best is a check bait that ran for 141 days. He was an unusual one.....not the brightest bulb on the tree.

If I hadn't gotten tired of my very second bait, I could have had that one for at least a year. I burned out on him after 116 days, which is my second best record.

@ChainYanker: how often are you writing your lads? Some newcomers are so eager to bait, that they write 2 or 3 times per day. My style is to write to them every other day. If you're not spreading out your emails you'll reach the end of the rope quicker.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe one should count it by the amount of emails exchanged? But then, what about the chat baits?
My one is just 6 and a half months. One day Im going to publish a book Smile

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My bait with kevin Will Tony started in December of 2005. It's still going. And that is the same bait, not a re-bait! I baited Kenny Olawale for over a year. Most of my baits last for a few months. I get rid of the jokers quickly though. That way I don't have to deal with their non-compliance. Evil or Very Mad The complexity of a bait often determines the amount of time it lasts. Sending lads fake files and the like is fun. However, it is not condusive to long baits. So, you pick what you want to do. The length of a bait is not necessarily indicitive of the quality.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Otterfan
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

266 days, still going, and just about to switch to another character.

That last bit is one good technique to learn to use well. You can spend a couple of months on one character and then, for a whole number of reasons, he becomes incapacitated (or dead, it's not like you have to keep him alive), and so another character takes over. The cross-over can be done suddenly ("I was looking through my late husband's email correspondence and found... etc") or gradually (by introducing the new character a few weeks ahead of the current character's demise). The new character doesn't know every detail that has already gone on, so that buys you a lot of time when the lad has to explain everything and when your new character is a little suspicious and needs reassurance that everything is legal/genuine/risky-free. Then, of course, after a few more months, that character is written out (maybe not for the same reason as the previous character... the world contains many real dangers and fates for you to use) and another one takes over the transaction, with the associated delays, explanations, reassurances, etc.

This is where play-acting really does help, and for those who enjoy the Let's Pretend aspect of baiting this is a chance to ham it up so much with each new character---a chance to wipe the old stage make-up off, so to speak, and create a new character and bring them to full 3-dimensional life.

Do that a few times, and your baits will start to last for impressive lengths of time.

(Of course, they may be boring and repetitive to read, but that's a minor inconvenience to the fun that's to be had.)

"I have to sale something now to be able to drink water." -- Alice Idris on safari in Cotonou
"why did you waste my time like this why." -- US Army Captain William D Swenson
Hello Kitty! <--TS certified.

Easter Egg
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Otterfan, this long sentence should belong in here Wink
Really, you explained it short and sweet.

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
Jedi_Night
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I recently made the decision to scambait, and I started the other day. I am scambaiting a guy who claims to be in the Marine Corps and has a few trunks of money. He seems to be really resistant right now to my requests.
To answer the question: mine has lasted a few days. Very Happy

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote="Capella"]
Eliza_Doolittle wrote:

The how what why when who comes into play about now.
Check out the third anniversary safari thread. Use the restroom first, and don't put anything in your mouth. Guaranteed to give you a complete cardiovascular workout from laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

FrumpyBB: I wouldn't dare to presume to be an expert on the finer points of safaris! My advice about changing characters was solely meant to be a tip for extending the timespan of a bait.

Sure, I have two pith-helmets, but one of those piths was in collaboration with jojobean, and the other was a very non-standard non-lad bait that Lotta kindly awarded me the helmet for. It was six weeks of the most intensive baiting I've ever done, and choose not to do it ever again nor to reveal what I did in it, as it would be sure to cause some ethical fall-out.

So... thanks for the compliment, but I'm no expert safari master!

"I have to sale something now to be able to drink water." -- Alice Idris on safari in Cotonou
"why did you waste my time like this why." -- US Army Captain William D Swenson
Hello Kitty! <--TS certified.

Easter Egg

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic