SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

The Healthy Lifestyle Thread!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jedi_Night
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As a future Marine, I am trying to get in the best shape possible, and in my thread about the Marine Corps I have been asking about tips on how to get pull ups, etc (just things about general health/exercising). So, I got the idea on making this thread. We can all come here and share general tips (such as exercising tips, eating/nutrition tips/facts, "inspirational stories of weight loss/health, etc). I think we could all do better by getting motivated to be in good health (poking some fun here at the British users! I HEARD Britain is pretty unhealthy Very Happy ).

I'll start off by sharing a little "inspirational" (that's what my recruiter calls it) story about myself. Back in February of 2006, I was in tenth grade, and I weighed about 200 pounds (and I am only 5'6 tall). So, needless to say, I was fat. Very Happy Anyway, that is around the time I first started getting interested in joining the Marine Corps, but I knew I was WAY out of shape to join (as I thought my physical condition would remain the same forever). I started considering the US Army instead (NOTE: No offense to the Army, but they do have lower standards than the Marine Corps does). Anyway, I got sick and tired of being so out of shape, so I decided to do something about it (and BTW, I had been overweight all throughout my childhood). So, one Sunday, I got up, said a prayer asking God to help me, and I went outside and walked/jogged (believe me, I could hardly jog at the time) for 30-40 minutes, and came home and drank nothing but water (gave up the sodas, which is all I use to drink). Within a month, I weighed myself and I had dropped to 190 pounds. I was so excited at the results, and that motivated me to keep going. Every month, I lost 5 to 8 more pounds (even though my weight loss did slow at times due to my eating habits). By this past summer of 2007, I weighed 137 pounds! And, due to being ALOT more fit, I joined the US Marines! And thanks to the DEP program, I have become even more fit. I can run a mile and a half at around 9 mintues and thirty six seconds and I can do 93-94 crunches in two minutes. Frankly, I praise God for all that has happened. I give all glory to Him. Smile
Anyway, sorry if I rambled. I hope this story is inspiring (my recruiter says it is, but I am dubious about that). Very Happy If it is inspiring, I just hope those of you out there who are overweight and don't believe it can be changed, well believe me, it can! All you have to do is change your lifestyle a bit, and get motivated.

Well, post your own stories/health tips/exercise tips/etc! Plus, as a personal request, if someone can post stuff about building upper body strength for pull ups, it would be appreciated (that's the area I am weakest in presently). Smile

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for your story Jedi. I'm 27 and a former Collegiate tennis player. I've always had a trainer or been training since I was 7 years old. After I got injured in college, I quit working out and playing tennis. I ended up gaining about 100lbs, went from 200lbs to 300lbs and I'm 6'3. Like you, one day, I woke up and told myself that I was tired of being fat. I knew what it takes to get into shape, but I just didn't feel like putting in the hard work. I started sometime after January, and by August I was down to 190. All I did was the Eliptical trainer, push ups, sit ups, sprints, mixed in with some competitive tennis. Well, the most important thing was cutting out the calories and high fats. The more protein the better, for me anyways. I'm not much of a runner, but I found short sprints for 400 meters to 800 meters to be better for me than distance running.

Currently, I have ballooned up again. I need to cut about 40 lbs before I will be happy. Tonight was the first night I have worked out in about 4 months. It wasn't as bad as I thought, but its still going to be a hard road ahead of me.

Good Luck in the Marines and Thank you for your service. As for any advice that I have for upper body strength is push ups. Using your own body weight will be good for your arms, chest and lower back.

Click here to support 419Eater.com
Get a mentor here!
Jedi_Night
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Micho Rizo: That's a great story about how you lost the weight! And don't sweat about the 40 pounds. Just do what I did (or what you did before), and it'll be gone in no time. Very Happy
And I have been told that push ups could actually damage your pull ups in a way. I have been told that one of the best ways to get pull ups is to work with a pull up bar and an assister (if you can't get at least one).

*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jedi_Night wrote:
... Frankly, I praise God for all that has happened. I give all glory to Him. ...

Something tells me you're just going to love the Marines, especially boot camp.
Jedi_Night
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Kleindoofy- I catch a hint of sarcasm in your typing. Very Happy Very Happy
Quick little off topic story: I met a Sergeant Major who is a committed Christian and an extremely nice man (he took me to MEPS the second time I had to go). To my shock, he told me he was a former Drill Instructor! Very Happy In fact, I have a really funny story about him if you guys want me to tell it!
Point: There are Christians in the Marine Corps, you know. Wink Very Happy
Ok, back to topic.....fitness/health/etc Very Happy

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually does not the Marine Corps honor

God
Country
Corps

In that order? Note I don't think the specify Christian God or some other God....

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
Jedi_Night
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@The Man: The Marine Corps "Core Values" are actually Honor, Courage, Commitment. Smile

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic