SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Rethinking my position on scambaiting

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You think scammers deserve the protection of the Lord ?

Quote:
Delivered-To: [email protected]
Received: by 10.70.67.6 with SMTP id p6cs317022wxa;
Tue, 22 Jan 2008 01:36:57 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.142.142.16 with SMTP id p16mr3799267wfd.86.1200994616701;
Tue, 22 Jan 2008 01:36:56 -0800 (PST)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from n10.bullet.re3.yahoo.com (n10.bullet.re3.yahoo.com [68.142.237.123])
by mx.google.com with SMTP id 29si13907760wrl.18.2008.01.22.01.36.55;
Tue, 22 Jan 2008 01:36:56 -0800 (PST)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 68.142.237.123 as permitted sender) client-ip=68.142.237.123;
DomainKey-Status: good (test mode)
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 68.142.237.123 as permitted sender) [email protected]; domainkeys=pass (test mode) [email protected]
Received: from [68.142.237.90] by n10.bullet.re3.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 22 Jan 2008 09:36:55 -0000
Received: from [66.196.97.153] by t6.bullet.re3.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 22 Jan 2008 09:36:55 -0000
Received: from [127.0.0.1] by omp206.mail.re3.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 22 Jan 2008 09:36:55 -0000
X-Yahoo-Newman-Property: ymail-3
X-Yahoo-Newman-Id: [email protected]
Received: (qmail 75772 invoked by uid 60001); 22 Jan 2008 09:36:55 -0000
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws;
s=s1024; d=yahoo.com;
h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-
Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Message
-ID;
b=JVMUHaRhJquFytuo9N2WKP2pGfJum1NOiXBQn43vFlWZx
Qh5q8jZa/S06v6O+ld/TA/VfF5Jm/PXK+JPB3KGFOmXENB1
DiUhxZJybWm+/zoT/9JqF181bzZxSLMcB84NJOWW/oS75J
kplSzjnQeWNnP3AsdJyWCKxjNlOhCVyZg=;
X-YMail-OSG: AIsE6xEVM1niRFZnwdw2a4wR6yE2tM._S8V330lCEt1CLdcE
rDyLwWqXq8w0l7k3xTp7M8RuiAqKqzeqB3zz5lldYFsNDyIx
IwXrbgr61NldGOrTourMHw--
Received: from [213.255.199.40] by web57310.mail.re1.yahoo.com via HTTP; Tue, 22 Jan 2008 01:36:55 PST
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 01:36:55 -0800 (PST)

MY FELLOW PEOPLE,
I AM AN ORPHAN SURVIVING FROM PEOPLE'S HELP AS A RESULT OF MY DISABILITY. LEPROSY HAS TAKEN MY TWO LEGS. THE DOCTOR SAID THEY (MY LEGS) HAVE TO BE CUT OFF AND BE REPLACED WITH ARTIFICIAL LEGS. I AM SEEKING FOR FINANCIAL HELP FROM THE PUBLIC. ANYTHING YOU GIVE IS FOR MY ARTIFICIAL LEGS AND MY WELL BEING. GOD BLESS YOU AS YOU HELP.
THANK YOU.

Using the spoofed addie [email protected]

Origin of message shown to be Nigeria

The religious charity site is here http://www.ononeaccordwcharity.org/

Comment is unnecessary.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^

He was saying that we are protecting the poor people (victims). He is not saying, from what I read, that the scammers deserve protection.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
TomServo
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
Correct -- sorry for being unclear there. I see the poor and the oppressed as the people who are duped into these scams, and the oppressors as the scammers that the scambaiters are working to crush.

In rereading, I can understand how it could be superficially seen as sarcastic, but that was not my intention at all.

Thanks for the clarification, Jojo. Smile
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My apologies Tom - my fault. I should have read your post more carefully. Embarassed

I just find it so disturbing how scammers abuse religion, charities and the sick and dying so freely. i am not religious at all myself, but still find the way their scams can be wrapped in fake religious sanctity to try to make them more appealing, quite stomach churning - and this isn't one of the worst examples either !

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
TomServo
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GomerPyle wrote:
My apologies Tom - my fault. I should have read your post more carefully.

No worries! Smile

GomerPyle wrote:
I just find it so disturbing how scammers abuse religion, charities and the sick and dying so freely. i am not religious at all myself, but still find the way their scams can be wrapped in fake religious sanctity to try to make them more appealing, quite stomach churning - and this isn't one of the worst examples either !

I *totally* agree. I don't feel as bad for people who get duped into criminal-type fake-next-of-kin scams, but the ones that really rip my heart out are honest self-sacrifically charitable people that get conned. There's a shortage of people in the world who actively give to the poor, and these criminals are making the situation even worse.

If I ever take time to do any baiting, these are the guys I want to go after. Evil or Very Mad
pennylane
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know I'm not really adding much and what I'm saying has been said before, but it really is up to you to decide this for yourself. Personally, I don't think you should if you have moral concerns about it or if it's going to make you feel uncomfortable or guilty.

I, however, am a very strong Christian but I don't believe God has any problem with this sort of thing at all. We're fighting the good fight. Smile

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not religious. But if the big fella made everything in the universe and knows everything,
he's obviously left it up to us to sort his lad problem out.

And even if he doesn't like what we do, it's his sidekick we'll have to answer to.
And as we all know, he looks after his own. Twisted Evil

I'd say it's a win, win situation. Bait away. Wink

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know if Jedi is still reading this thread - he hasn't been around in a week or so - but ftr his previous posts show that he did decide to plunge into baiting, lies and all, including going for trophy videos.

But since this topic is still being discussed, I thought I'd throw out there that it really is possible to do a fine job of baiting without compromising one's morals and ethics, if that's a concern (which it isn't for me -- I happily bullshit up one side and down the other in my baits, with no angst whatsoever Very Happy ).

Remember that a key goal of baiting is to keep the scammer busy with you, rather than with real vics. An effective way to do that is to ask him a bazillion questions. The more interest you show, the busier you'll keep him. You never have to come right out and say that you are buying his story, or plan on sending him money. You just keep asking question after question, until he's ready to pull his hair out in frustration.

Of course, this technique can be a bit dry - you won't be getting any trophies or safaris, that's for sure - but if the goal is to fight 419 crime, you can have at least as much impact as trophy hunters. And as you get better, you are likely to get bank accounts for killing, which has an even greater impact.

Just some food for thought for potential baiters who might be wondering how to do this within the framework of their personal moral compasses. Of course my own personal compass points straight to hell anway, so none of these concerns affect me. Smile

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
justicebdone
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Cachuma^^

Wanna race . . . to hell that is Twisted Evil

F****** d*** motherf***** if you really sent the f****** money why don't you send the f****** control number at once cos I don't really have the time to f*** around with you anymore....you messed up my own Chritsmas too. Nathan "The Potty Mouth" Hitman

If you dont know you are now the Company Police. The Annoyed Check Lad

BACK the ATTACK
e6ffdyr0
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Jedi_Night
I read this thread only now (and am still reading). Too bad that I am so busy at the moment. I will send you my opinions on PM (some of my opinions on moral issues get thread lockes quicker than lightning Wink so I wont make 'em in public no longer Cool )

i DEY SHIT ON UR PAPA AND UR MAMA HEAD. iNSHORT I GO ASK RAT TO SHIT INSIDE THERE MOUTHS IF U KNOW DEY CAREFUL. AND U GO ROAT IN HELL FIRE YOU AND ALL YOUR FAMI;LY. (tunde aramide)

11x Cellphone
Pith Helmet Tamale -> Accra (4hm3d R4y4n K4d1r1)
Pith Helmet Hamburg -> Hannover (B4rry M3ns4)
J0shua Al4mu Th0mas & K3lvin Oz1ri (both courtesy of Prudential Ltd.)
Exclamation For reasons only known to myself, I have discontinued all my funbaiting efforts. Exclamation
CowboyBuck
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Does anyone know what the Scientology position on scambaiting is?

United States United Nations
Ireland United Kingdom Switzerland Germany Netherlands France Italy Spain Ukraine
South Africa Nigeria Ghana Australia Japan China Malaysia
Argentina Columbia Panama
Right now I am getting pissed with your responses
And still you later claimed there are snakes on the road to the Western Union
Please for the sake of humanity help Mr. Felix and I to get this money
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^
Buy your way to OT7 and they'll tell you. Laughing

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a religious dad that would fall for these scams also .. .. replying scam emails despite of warnings I gave him... how many of them are there? If we're able to keep the lads busy with forms and photos, safari's and stuff maybe we have some effect on the number of victims .. and have some fun alongside ..

Your dad does have a lot of mileage having made a payment .. why don't you use his addy to get an enormous load of trophy's preceding payment #2 ? Or 'change' his email to a gmail account you control. They smelled (and unfortunately tasted) money .. I know what I would do ...
normanhiscock
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Never known a Marine to quit. Glad to see you attacking in another direction.

Semper Fi.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic