SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Interesting post on cyber-café costs in Nigeria.

View next topic
View previous topic

Last Exile
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have looked for a similar post and found none. So here it is.

It is interesting to know that for our lads prices are not that expensive.

Please notice how scanning is the costliest expenditure we can inflict on them!!!!

I wonder if the lads have some sort of use as much as you can in exchange of a share of the profits.

edit:I've noticed I forgot to write down the link - sorry
http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-3903.0.html
PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
N20 for a page of printout in the cyber cafe where i work.

Interesting, so if your lad fills in a 100-page Western Union terrorism clearance epic, and scans each page, it's cost him roughly 20 dollars to send it back, plus cafe time to upload all those attached images. It's a good career for a lad, form-filling. Smile

"I am now completely twatted and shagged and will obey all your instructions to the fullest."-"Tosser" Oguguo

Golden Pith "Frankily speaking,I wouldn't want to travel to the far east again."-Edward Smith, Lagos-Singapore (14600 miles round trip via Dubai)

9x Safari 4 x Lagos-Accra , 3x Port Harcourt - Ibadan, 1x Lagos-Singapore, 1x Burkina-Bamako
Netherlands Nigeria Ghana South Africa
Sand Timer'Ed', 3 yrs 8 mnths Sand Timer'Oguguo',6 years and 4 months
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Last Exile wrote:
It is interesting to know that for our lads prices are not that expensive.

In a country where the average individual income is only $560 per year, paying over $1 an hour is a helluva lot.
Compare it to the average Joe over here working all day and then throwing all the money he's earned into surfing for an hour. Shocked

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The problem is that the heavyweight lads over there usually pay nothing, doing their scamming out of hours, sometimes using threats against the cafe owners (those that aren't complicit, that is). It's often only the small-timers who get hit for these costs, or are affected by them. If it helps prevent their graduation to bigger things though, it's all good.

"I am now completely twatted and shagged and will obey all your instructions to the fullest."-"Tosser" Oguguo

Golden Pith "Frankily speaking,I wouldn't want to travel to the far east again."-Edward Smith, Lagos-Singapore (14600 miles round trip via Dubai)

9x Safari 4 x Lagos-Accra , 3x Port Harcourt - Ibadan, 1x Lagos-Singapore, 1x Burkina-Bamako
Netherlands Nigeria Ghana South Africa
Sand Timer'Ed', 3 yrs 8 mnths Sand Timer'Oguguo',6 years and 4 months
ChainYanker
Collecting TShirts the Hard Way

Location: Shouting "Fire!" in crowded theaters across America

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The thing is, the lads get a lot of money from their scams, sometimes millions of dollars. So I imagine the price of internet time is only a big deal to the ones who haven't caught any victims yet.

FEMALE

"This deal does not have anything to do with religion because we are talking about $10.150 million us dollars" -Bangu Mali

"YOUR DEATH IS AT HAND HENCE YOU LEARNT HOW TO DOUBLE CROSS OTHER GUYMAN KEEP IT ON AND WATCH OUT" -Don Jack

"why is it that you dont believed that the unicorn is avaialabe" -Victoria Smith

"i have seen that you are not financially capable to handle this great opportunity maturedly" -Muhammad Bla1se

Earned a pony, earned a bun, still not sure what they mean --> pony
SPAMALOT
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^

Yep once they get their first fish, then it is all gravy from there just as long as they dont have a long dry spell.

So it is up to us to make sure they have long dry spells!!!!!

SPAM

I want to believe you have sight deformities that i accepted as an excuse
gasman
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mod Edit: Unnecessary full requote of Slightlyoutofit's post removed.

Dont anyone forget that these scammers have a far higher income than the average. Its the same with beggars there. They hobble about on crutches during the working day, then throw them to one side, leap into their ferraris and drive to their luxury homes.

KINDLY GET BACK TO ME WITH YOUR HOME ADDRESS ALONG WITH YOUR HOME ADDRESS AND A SCAM COPY OF YOUR INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT AND YOUR DRIVEN LICENSE
Mr. Green
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, I'm sure that's right. Rolling Eyes It's the beggars who are pulling the average income figures all across the developing world to such astronomical levels.

Sand Timer 25 months, <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1014373">Mr. Scot</a> "Skipper has never communicated to us since the campaign event took place last year. we did'nt get a cent from that event either."
Sand Timer 24 months, <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119437">Mr. Uche-uka</a> "There is no way that I would have put in this enermous amount of time, work and money without being serious with this huge task ahead of building and running an orphanage."
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Click here to donate to 419Eater</a>
tss1961
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here is another bit of tactical information for a baiter's use: http://www.world66.com/africa/nigeria/lagos/internetcafes

This website lists 9 cafes in La9o5, the physical address, their prices and an email address of the operator. One may be able to correlate an IP from an operator to a lads IP or at least be fairly confident that it came from that cafe??? <just supposition on my part>.

-- "I have to tell you some thing you do not know,nigeria is a place where scam artist leave,for your own good never you in your life have any thing to do with any nigerians or esle you we be scamed."
-- "i checked the western union money transfer for more than 7hours and i got nothing and the time i spent had an effect on my eyes"
-- "So i have been trying my best running hecter secter looking for what to do. "
Frozboz
AT-AT Squad Leader

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Note this receipt my lad gave me for internet time:

200 Naira per hr. Seems on the high end according to that link above.

Wooden Trophies: Stormtrooper Helmet - AT-AT #1 - AT-ATs #3, #4 & #5
Brass Trophy: AT-AT #2
Mortar x3

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic