SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

There comes a time when it has to end (2000 miles ridden)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I didn't go out at all yesterday, spent the day trying to get a poxy laptop working, and it was windy as hell last night so I left it, but in order to punish myself for not riding yesterday, I did my furthest ride yet today, and it was the hardest so far, I went beyond the end of the cycle path, past the compacted ground/beach, further along to the place where the deep pebbles live in their millions, what a nightmare, bloody strong wind in my face for 3 miles there (forecast said 6mph, yeah right Mad), 2 miles of which you can hardly steer the bike because of the front wheel burying itself in the pebbels, in the lowest gear just to keep moving and doing little wheelspins, had to stop a few times to straighten the bike up, coming back was better with the wind behind me, nearly came off when I hit a deep patch I didn't see coming, all fun, though Very Happy, I'll go out and do a few more miles tonight if it doesn't rain.

Mar 5th

Top speed 19.8 mph (flat cycle path with wind behind me)
Avg speed = 10.2 mph
Distance = 8.11 miles
Time 47:24:7

Pulse before ride = 72 bpm's
Pulse after ride = 104 bpm's 2:53pm
Pulse 10 minutes later = 90 bpm's 3:03pm
Pulse 20 minutes later = 84 bpm's 3:13pm
Pulse 60 minutes later = 76 bpm's 3:53pm

Total miles ridden = 61.24

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just logging my nightly ride, I was a bit weary after todays harder than usual ride, but I still did my 5 miles pretty quickly tonight compared to some of my other times for around that distance.

Mar 5th (2nd ride of the day)

Top speed 17.7 mph (flat cycle path with wind behind me)
Avg speed = 12.6 mph
Distance = 5.05 miles
Time 23:58:9

Pulse before ride = 68 bpm's
Pulse after ride = 118 bpm's 10:24pm
Pulse 10 minutes later = 96 bpm's 10:34pm
Pulse 20 minutes later = 88 bpm's 10:44pm
Pulse 60 minutes later = 80 bpm's 11:24pm

Total miles today = 13.16
Total miles ridden = 66.29

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I did the same trip as yesterday over the damn pebbles, but I rode a bit further along to Bexhill On Sea, of course, next time I'll have to go a bit further along to see where the path goes to after that:

Mar 6th

Top speed 22.4 mph (flat cycle path with wind behind me)
Avg speed = 10.4 mph
Distance = 8.72 miles
Time 50:13:3

Pulse before ride = 76 bpm's
Pulse after ride = 98 bpm's 5:14pm
Pulse 10 minutes later = 84 bpm's 5:24pm
Pulse 20 minutes later = 82 bpm's 5:34pm
Pulse 60 minutes later = 84 bpm's 6:14pm

Total miles ridden = 75.01

Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Same route again today, except for going a mile further along the Bexhill seafront, the wind was killing me today, maybe the previous days had take more out of me than I though, it took 34 minutes to do the first 5 miles in to the wind, and 24 minutes for the 5 miles coming back:

Mar 7th

Top speed 20.8 mph (flat cycle path)
Avg speed = 10.2 mph
Distance = 10.07 miles
Time 58:48:6

Pulse after ride = 102 bpm's 5:50pm
Pulse 10 minutes later = 84 bpm's 6:00pm
Pulse 20 minutes later = 78 bpm's 6:10pm
Pulse 60 minutes later = 82 bpm's 6:50pm

Total miles ridden = 85.08

Last edited by Scam Patroller on Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Great job SP, keep up the hard work, it is tough starting a regiment like that but keep doing it no matter what the first day you relax and take off will start a downhill slide and make it tougher to start again.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

After no riding due to 6 days of shite stormy weather on the south coast, I managed to get out today, the wind was very low and it had dried up after early morning rain, that is, until I walked out the front door and the drizzle started immediately Rolling Eyes, I went along my usual coastal route, but due to the storms we had this last week, the sea has washed a lot of the pebbles away from the path, and dumped a load of sand there, so in places, it is impossible to ride at all and you have to walk until you hit a compacted area again, not too bad, though.

I went nearly a mile further through Bexhill than I did last time, at the end of the Bexhill promenade, the path ends and turns in to deep pebbles, I didn't bother to walk across it to see what's round the other side of the cliff, so I went on the road for a bit instead, then made my way back, I even climbed a very steep hill for the first time, half way up I wish I hadn't, but I kept pedalling, now I know I can do it, I'll do it every time.

The bike is filthy, covered in wet sand and dirt, as are my clothes, I hate getting dirty, damnit, I stopped in a large puddle on the way back and threw some water over the bike to get the heavy crap off it, I might stick the bike in the bath and shower it down later, or maybe let it dry and brush it off.

My other half went back to Lidl again today and bought me a wind/rain resistant cycling jacket, so no matter if it's raining, I'll be out on the bike from now on, because I need to get those miles on the clock, I'll go out again tonight and hit the 100 miles cycled mark Very Happy

Mar 8th - 13th: No riding due to storms

Mar 14th

Top speed 25.8 mph (down steep cycle path hill)
Avg speed = 9.2 mph
Distance = 11.76 miles
Time 1:16:11

Pulse after ride = 116 bpm's 3:57pm
Pulse 10 minutes later = 96 bpm's 4:07pm
Pulse 20 minutes later = 90 bpm's 4:17pm
Pulse 60 minutes later = 88 bpm's 4:57pm

Total miles ridden = 96.84

Last edited by Scam Patroller on Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just out of curiousity, do you ever check your resting heart rate? Or you maximum heart rate?

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ YW, my resting heart rate is the pulse before I go on the ride, I don't check maximum heart rate as I don't have a monitor.

Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just in from my night ride, it's damp and foggy as hell out there, but still, I enjoyed my ride back and forth along the sea front, that now gives me the first 100 miles I have cycled Cool, see, YW, I can do 100 miles as well, except mine is in installments Laughing

Mar 14th (2nd ride of the day)

Top speed 17.6 mph (flat cycle path)
Avg speed = 12.2 mph
Distance = 6.41 miles
Time 31:20:8

Pulse before ride = 80 bpm's
Pulse after ride = 118 bpm's 10:02pm
Pulse 10 minutes later = 96 bpm's 10:12pm
Pulse 20 minutes later = 92 bpm's 10:22pm
Pulse 60 minutes later = 84 bpm's 11:02pm

Total miles today = 18.17
Total miles ridden = 103.25

Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Your speeds on the flats on a mountain bike are excellent but going down. Are your tires properly inflated? All I can say is what my local bike shop owner told me today. "Keep riding." Many years ago I was cycling along a path at 23 mph and a guy on a mountain bike would not let me pass on my road bike. I looked at his knobby under inflated tires and figured he would last 45 seconds at the most. We rode along for 5 miles and it was killing me. Finally when the paths split, the rider looked over to me to say goodbye and I recognized him as Bruce Jenner, the 1976 Olympic Decathlon winner. My bike is now 9 pounds lighter, has 18 more gears but its engine weighs 60 pounds more. I could not ride for the last 6 days also. I went to Lance Armstong's training grounds on Saturday and did a ride that kicked my butt so hard that I still feel it. And that was even after I slathered it with "Butt Butter".

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
100 miles now ridden

Good riddance! Wink
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey, installments are better than nothing. jump_4_joy

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
writeon
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good work SP in reaching 100 miles, you obviously have great determination..................here's to the 500 mile marker.

"MY FINANCE DEPARTMENT TOLD'S ME TODAY THAT THE WESTERN UNION FORM YOU SENT WAS NOT VALID AND ELUCID" - Dr Frank Johnson

THERE IS A MURDER CASE WHICH I ENGAGE MY SELF INTO TO MAKE SURE THE CLIENT IS NOT KILLED BY HANGING, BUT I THANK GOD TODAY THAT THE CLIENT SUCIDED IN GOING TO JAIL INSTEAD OF HANGING TO DEATH,THAT IS THE REASON WHY I DIDN,T GET BACK TO YOU SOON. - Mohammed Traore

PLEASE HELP ME BECAUSE AM BURNING I MEAN I AM IN BETWEEN THE DEVIL AND THE RED SEA PLEASE. - Ruth
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Connie L. Gus wrote:
Your speeds on the flats on a mountain bike are excellent but going down. Are your tires properly inflated?

I bought a new mini pump the other day that has a pressure guage on it, my tyres were only around 25psi - 30psi, I have pumped them up to 40psi now, that should help me roll better, might put some more in them as the maximum pressure for these tyres is 40psi - 65psi.

My average speed is the only one that really matters, that's usually between 10mph - 12mph, my daytime ride yesterday was down to 9.2mph, but that was due to having to walk along certain parts of the route where the sea had washed away parts of the path.

Once I get more miles on the clock and get fitter, the average speed will go up, I'm aiming for 15mph, and anything over that will be a bonus, I don't expect to get to that average for a good few months yet, I just want miles under my belt for now.

I didn't ride today as I had some stuff to do indoors, I had planned to go out for a ride tonight, it's pouring down at the moment and the wind is blowing hard about 20mph, but I cleaned my bike about an hour ago to get all the sand and dirt off it from yesterdays ride, the chain and rear cassette were caked in it, I thoroughly cleaned it all, but I have no damn chain lube, not even got any vegetable oil that I can put on until I get some proper lube on Monday, possibly tomorrow, so the chain is sort of grinding at the moment when I spin the wheels and I'm not sure about going out tonight unless it stops raining later on.

Last edited by Scam Patroller on Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You could always go for a walk instead

said she sitting at computer drinking wine.
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Considering that you are on a mountain bike AND on paths (as opposed to nicely paved roads), I think that you are doing great. Averaging 12 MPH with such conditions is not trivial. It would be interesting to see how you would do on a road bike.

EDIT ~ Congrats on breaking the 100 mile marker!

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I did'nt' mean to sound flippant.
It's some achievement to get motivated and keep exercising.
I've got one of those stationary bike things that's being used as clothes horse.
Well its a bit big for my short legs and not very comfy.
I'm trying the "walk a bit more than you usually do" method
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

YeaWhatever wrote:
It would be interesting to see how you would do on a road bike.

Yes, all my bikes when I was young were road bikes, the very last road race bike I had, was in about 1985, it was a Bianchi Sprint, it was great until some toe rag stole it Evil or Very Mad, I could really move on that bike, of course, I was fit as hell back then and used to ride a lot, who knows, I might even be tempted get another road bike some time.

Here is a video of the cycle track I use on the seafront outside my flat, you will see the bit where the new cycle path will be built, it's where the tarmac path ends and the riders go along the pebble/sand/shingle track, as you can see, a lot have to walk along it as it's hard to ride on it, it's even worse now after the sea has taken a lot of it apart:

http://www.sustransconnect2.org.uk/watchlisten/video.php?id=4

YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks great until you get to the rocks and pebbles. I'm amazed that you can average 12 MPH when you have to deal with that crap. Being on the waterfront like that, I am guessing that you are constantly battling the wind too?

By the way, that looks like a very beautiful place to live.

Golden Pith Mortar x17
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ YW, yes, the wind here can be pretty bad, since moving here, almost every day it has been windy, you find yourself having to ride in to at least a 10mph head wind, but more often it is around 20 - 25mph or worse, it's currently gusting at 23mph on the local weather centre roof which is just along the road from me.

That pebble beach path goes for about 2 miles or so, so when I go to Bexhill, of that trip, about 4 miles is riding along those poxy pebbles, it's a killer when you are against the wind, it will be nice once they get around to building the cycle path between Hastings and Bexhill, whenever that will be, they did get some lottery funding, but still need a few hundred thousand pounds to be able to do it.

YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe I can help. I won several lotteries over the weekend.

Golden Pith Mortar x17
dr stephen williams
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SP: Thumbs up onya! That's a great start. Keep with it as it gets easier and more satisfying as you stick with it.

Golden Pith x2 Safari x7 Tattoo x7 Closed lad accounts Mortar Vcamera Sand Timer x6 Team Turd Lgs-Dla Bnn-Lbra Acra-Dkar Dkr-Bnjul- Dkr-Tmbktu-Abche-Adre-N'djmna Lgos-Cairo-Aswn-Jail Ctnu-Lgos Ctnu-acra Lgos-Jbrg-Drbn-Prt-Elzbth-CT-Sprngbk-CT-Drbn-CT-Hrre-Lska-DsSlm-Mmbsa-Nirbi-Kmpla 28,510 Miles
Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Vcamera Sand Timer x4 Team Woody Acra-Sngpre Acra-Dkr-Rsso-Bmko Acra-Ctnu
Safari Lgos-Dkr-Rsso Sand Timer Vcamera (wKLG)
Safari x22 SS Sand Timer x3 United Kingdom United States Nigeria x303 : Closed lad accounts pyramid Mortar
Nurse Nastys Audi TTpony Whip Mc Fry Jack Boot
Strongside
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Congrats SP Image

You claim to be pure and never indulged in Juju, we shall see soon who will come beging for forgiveness, I cast you into the deapest hell and that is where you belong you Lunatic Monkey - Dr. James Carter

DIE NOW DIE NOW DIE NOW WITH YOUR WHOLE FAMILY USELESS MAN - Thambora Vwuku

what is ur problem u what do you do in life? pease dont worry me again otherwise u will die i wil reprot this mails to my boss. You are warned - Tony Kovan
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just logging tonights ride:

Mar 15th & 16th: No riding as I had stuff to do, there were strongish winds anyway and I had no lube for bike chain/cassette until today

Mar 17th

Top speed 19.0 mph (flat cycle path)
Avg speed = 12.1 mph
Distance = 7.68 miles
Time 37:47:3

Pulse before ride = 78 bpm's
Pulse after ride = 112 bpm's 10:36pm
Pulse 10 minutes later = 94 bpm's 10:46pm
Pulse 20 minutes later = 88 bpm's 10:56pm
Pulse 60 minutes later = 84 bpm's 11:36pm

Total miles ridden = 110.93

[edit]

I forgot to mention, I had my first encounter with a dog chasing me tonight Evil or Very Mad, was it some little mut, a poodle, a hotdog, no, it was a frikking great dane

I saw a couple of people in the distance and a dog, as I got near them, the dog walked across the path and went on the grass behind a wall, I slowed down a bit and overtook the people, then I heard very deep barking noises, turned round and this big b@stard was after me.

I slammed the brakes on, jumped off and used the bike as a shield, I said something to the dog, I don't think he understood Very Happy, the owners were calling him, he did seem a sit soppy at that point, but I wasn't to know that, as he came up to me I was just about to give it a righ hook if it had jumped up at the bike, but it backed off, the owners were very apologetic, they said he likes to chase things going fast, I told them I would be coming back that way in 5 minutes, as I rode off I heard them shout noooo to the dog as he was about to chase me again, so they put a lead on it.

Last edited by Scam Patroller on Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
callum
Director of Press Relations

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In my neck of the woods there were lots of dogs and few fences or gates so I used to carry a length of pipe wrapped inside a couple sheets of newspaper.

I only had to use it a couple of times and although I didn't know it at the time, one of dogs I 'papered' had been in the habit of frightening the paper boys and girls. Apparently after our encounter the dog adjusted his behavior Laughing

x 2 teeny part of a large effort Mortar x29 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x5
Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic