SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

There comes a time when it has to end (2000 miles ridden)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No, I'm not leaving the forum Very Happy

I mean and end to being an unfit fat slob, who spends day and night sitting in front of this computer with no excercise, as I have been doing continuously, since I found something called, teh internets, for the first time in 2001.

I have put on about 5 stone in weight in the last 6 years, and had quite a bit of muscle wastage, mostly on my legs, my calfs are about half the size they used to be and the thighs have shrunk a bit, it's time to get some of this weight off and get some muscle back on, I need to do it now, I'll be 42 in 5 months time, and I can't leave it any longer or it will be too late.

I also get out of breath very easily these days, that's down to smoking, but probably also to do with all the asbestos I used to breathe in when I worked as an apprentice mechanic (1981/85), were we used to blow out brake drums with air guns when we serviced cars, leaving clouds of asbestos dust in the air, didn't know about the dangers of asbestos back then, like I do now Evil or Very Mad

So then, to get fit again, I have now a mutli-gym and loose weights at home, and I have just placed an order for this bike:

CBR 26 Ins 24 Speed Dual Suspension Bike

Quote:
Four bar linkage alloy dual suspension frame with semi integrated headset
24 speed Shimano Acera gears
Front and rear mechanical disc brakes
Black 32 hole spoked wheels with lightweight alloy double wall rims
SR Suntour branded performance chainset
Quality branded 'Tioga' saddle
Ahead alloy handlebar stem
Alloy micro adjust seat post
Alloy quick release front and rear wheel
Inside leg 74 - 97 cm (29 - 38 ins)

I used to cycle when I was younger, had a proper lightweight alloy racing bike, but I fancy a mountain bike now, I will start of gently with very short rides, mabye 10 - 15 miles a day until I get some sort of fitness back and get the lungs working, don't want to kill myself, then gradually increase it up to about 30 - 40 miles per day in the end, hopefully.

I will be cutting down on my smoking and obviously not smoking whilst out on the bike, unless I can fit an ashtray on the handlebars with a little cowling around it to stop the ash blowing everywhere Laughing, I'm dreading do excercise again, I do have cardiac arrythmia quite a bit, so that's a worry and has put me off doing excercise before, thinking my heart might pack in whilst doing it, but then again, if I don't excercise, it will in the end anyway, so that's going to be my new years resolution, get back in to (some sort of) shape.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery

Last edited by Scam Patroller on Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:51 pm; edited 21 times in total
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

40 miles a day on a mountain bike? Holy crap man. That is a pretty serious commitment, probably 2.5 hours per day is my guess. I wish you the best of luck. If you can do that, you will be in tip top shape in no time.

ps. That is a pretty nice bike.

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good luck to you, SP. Very Happy

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Owning a bike and using it are two different matters.

Congratulations on the former, good luck for the latter. Wink
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good for you SP!

Good luck and enjoy! Very Happy

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

After a racing bike, and not cycling for a long time. this rolling resistance may come as a surprise to you. I know it did to me. All the best, SP, keep us informed, and we'll cheer you on.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good luck SP!

I know the feeling, I started my change for the better about 1.5 years ago and I haven't looked back. I lost about 40 pounds and put on 10 of muscle. For the first time since I was about 15 I am close to having a flat stomach. I don't care if I get a 2, 4, or 6 pack, will be quite happy kissing the "handles" goodbye. Very Happy

Remember, first thing to change is the way you eat. It wasn't until I learned this that I saw any changes. Cycling is good for cardio, but weight lifting (even if it's just your own weight doing pushups & pullups) is where you'll see the best gains. More muscle means burning more fat & calories at rest.

Take a look JohnStoneFitness for a lot of great info, advice, and motivation.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
John Drake
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice bike, Patroller!

My advice is to get a complete checkup first, then start off SLOWLY.....better to lay a good steady foundation than to try to jump to the summit of the mountain in one leap. Good luck!!!

"YOU GO TO HELL YOU DA FREAK GOD STRIKE YOU DEED RIT NOW HOW DARE YOU SAYE THOS THINS TO ME I AM CHRSTIAN AND DO NOT DO DOSE THINGS YOU ARE SIK SIK MAN!!!!
YOU NEVER NEVER RITE TO ME AGAN--EVAR EVAR!!! I WIL ASS GOD TO PUNISH YOU AND SEHND YOU TO HELL! YOU AR SO SIK IT MAKE ME ILL JUS THINKIN ABUT YOU SO CRAZY." -Dr Wily

Without this certificate, we are still where we are.
I can never trust you again. It will be hard for us to work together.
I have learnt so much from the disappointments i experienced from you. I can only thank you for wasting my precious time.
thanks for wasting my time all thes while. You have been a great friend, i can not deny that.
Thanks for not being there for me when it matters most. -Xu Chaofan
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And just think of all the extra years that you will have all of us. Laughing

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari

Last edited by Corona on Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

kleindoofy wrote:
Owning a bike and using it are two different matters.

That's why I ordered this bike for �300, I could have got a cheap one for �85, but then I wouldn't be too bothered about the bike just sitting there not being used if I felt lazy, getting a more expensive bike means I WILL use it, otherwise it's money wasted Wink

@ OD, yeah, I will be spot on with all the right foods, I did a lot of weight/circuit training years ago (late teen years), so I know what I need to be eating to help me achieve my goals, my current crap diet will be going right out the window.

I want to lose a minimum of about 3 stone, I'll get there in the end, it's my heart and lungs that I want to concentrate on mostly, though, hence the cycling to bring those organs back to a half decent level, I wont be going mad with the cycling to start with, just a nice steady pace, then doing weights using lower weight and doing loads of reps to burn calories, gradually building the weight up.

Getting fitter is going to be such fun, NOT, gotta be done thought ain't it.

@ YW, 2.5 hours, is that for the 40 miles, or the 10 - 15? Laughing

@ JD, you can bet I will be taking it steady as, if I try to do too much I will knacker myself before I start, anyone want to buy a bike?

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ohhhhhhmm, Ohhhhhhm

I see, ... I see threads. Yes, threads.

I see threads asking: " how do I adjust the gears?", "can I get the breaks tighter?", "How high should the seat be?".

Ohhhhm, ohhhhhhm. Wink Wink
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ KD Laughing

I used to be a mechanic, and I used to strip my other bicycles down, clean, repair and rebuild them, they hold no fears for me, but does anyone know where I can buy that ashtray for my handlebars? Laughing

rootuser
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Remember: When the ashtray is full, just empty it. You don't need to dispose the bike and get a new one...

Also it might not be a good idea doing a wheelie with a full ashtray...

As for the value: Buying an expensive bike could also result in not using it out of fear to break that expensive thing. Wink

Anyway, have fun. I used cycle quite a lot when I was young. Now I have problems with my knees and cycling is quite a torture for me.

"This is what i sent to them am not with any money to go back to nigeria pls help."

United Kingdom (0.25 go to fake_buster)

Safari x4 Wole A.: Akure, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, Akure, Nigeria to Tanguieta, Benin (both with Thomas-the-Tank and Simba), Akure, Nigeria to Kano, Nigeria (with TtT and OD), Akure, Nigeria to Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire (with TtT)

Mortar

pony pony
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerSkype Name
Miss Behaving
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Get some decent gloves unless you like icicles for fingers, absolute agony.

and a warm luminous jacket.

good luck!

Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

40 miles a time?
That'll bring him within shooting range of my place.
Hmm, ethics of taking pot-shots at SP whilst he is cycling past?

I got a bike about two years ago, rode it home, put it in the garage, used it once since then, hopefully SP has more willpower than me.

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

John Drake wrote:
Nice bike, Patroller!

My advice is to get a complete checkup first, then start off SLOWLY.....better to lay a good steady foundation than to try to jump to the summit of the mountain in one leap. Good luck!!!

This is great advice. Tempting at it is to go into your new fitness regime with all guns blazing while you are motivated and keen, it takes time to reach a certain level and it's better to start slow and do a couple of minutes more each day for a couple of months than go gangbusters into something you can't maintain longterm.

And if you plan to quit smoking, don't 'cut down'. It doesn't work mate. You have to go cold turkey and use patches, gum, hypnosis, whatever if required. Good luck!

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The best advice I can give you SP, is to start slowly. Jumping on a bike for the first time in years is great. You peddle around and it feels like you've never been off a bike.
But if you're not careful you can end up feeling like you came last in an ar5e kicking contest. Trust me on this. Shocked

Take it slowly, 15 mins first day 20 next and gradually break your rear end in. It's not the day after you feel it. It's the day after, the day after. OOoooooooo Laughing

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good luck on your shape-up, SP. I found an ashtray that would do nicely.
It was auctioned off, but I'm sure you could find the buyer, and get it from him/her. http://www.aspireauctions.com/auction23/3793.html

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
justicebdone
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good Luck SP,

On my daughters 5th birthday in 2006 I weighed in at 295 pounds Surprised . On her 6th bday in October of 2007 I was weighing 225 pounds. At 6'2" that's not bad but I am guessing that by Bday #7 I will be back to fighting trim 185 to 200.

You can do it, hell anyone can do it, if they really want to. Now I sound like a personal life coach Very Happy

F****** d*** motherf***** if you really sent the f****** money why don't you send the f****** control number at once cos I don't really have the time to f*** around with you anymore....you messed up my own Chritsmas too. Nathan "The Potty Mouth" Hitman

If you dont know you are now the Company Police. The Annoyed Check Lad

BACK the ATTACK
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good luck SP. At first the weight will come off fairly easily (if you are truly watching the food intake), but you'll probably hit a plateau after 30 pounds or so. That's the make-or-break point. If you can push through that then you'll be on your way. The key is to do exercises you enjoy which will make you more likely to do them.

Indoor biking is nice b/c you can listen to music or watch t.v. and not have to worry about getting hit by a car (well, i suppose there's a very small chance someone could plow their car into your house, but let's not worry over that).

I agree with an earlier post -- weight lifting will bear much fruit. Do core exercises: squats, bench, deadlifts, pull ups -- that's all you need really. Then get a swiss ball for abs and other types of pylometric exercises.

Last -- keep some sort of diary. That has two advantages: (1) you can see your progress which is inspiring, and (2) it can guilt you into working out when you don't feel like it.

Good luck!

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
lokie
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I made a similiar commitment 3 years ago, so hopefully I'm qualified to give advice Cool

Try and find a partner to work out with. Its a lot harder to give up when you feel you might be letting someone else down.

Have a plan B. On cold wet days when going outside in a shell suit is a crazy idea, go to the gym, the local pool, whatever. Never give yourself an excuse not to continue with the regime, just an excuse to do something else that fits in with the regime.

Be realistic. When I started my aim was to jog 10km along a mountain path. 15 years of neglect meant I didn't make it on day 1, But I got some of the way along, and now theres a target for day 2... Take positives from what you achieve and see them as steps towards your bigger goal, as well as benchmarks to show you the work is paying off.

Unless your circuit training, leave the stopwatch at home. Until you can achieve the goal you've set for yourself, the time it takes to get ever closer doesn't matter. Race the clock when the distance is easy, until then its just a distraction that doesn't help.

Speak to your doctor and discuss what you want to achieve, and naturally listen to (his/her) advice. Visit a gym and have a few sessions with one of the personal trainers, take their advice onboard.

Good luck, and never leave home without a can of ralgex.

Click here to support 419Eater.com
PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SP: the best thing you can do is pack in that smoking. I was a 40+ a day rollup smoker for best part of 20 years, and I quit cold turkey back in January. I was expecting hell, and what I got was a week or so of minor discomfort, followed by manageable cravings that came, and went just as quick as they came, and perhaps faster than they would have had I smoked to stop them. If you can get through the first three days and keep focussed on that day when you'll be comfy in the pub watching the unfortunates outside in the cold, wind and rain getting their fix, you'll be well on the way. Watch out for that appetite increase though. Food never tasted so good, I can tell you that.

Good luck with it all.

"I am now completely twatted and shagged and will obey all your instructions to the fullest."-"Tosser" Oguguo

Golden Pith "Frankily speaking,I wouldn't want to travel to the far east again."-Edward Smith, Lagos-Singapore (14600 miles round trip via Dubai)

9x Safari 4 x Lagos-Accra , 3x Port Harcourt - Ibadan, 1x Lagos-Singapore, 1x Burkina-Bamako
Netherlands Nigeria Ghana South Africa
Sand Timer'Ed', 3 yrs 8 mnths Sand Timer'Oguguo',6 years and 4 months
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good for you. See a doctor and tell him about your plans. Get a heart monitor strap and a speedometer along with some lights. Here's a very nice thread that will hopefully motivate you.

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=228767
It's about Clydesdales and Athenas.

I found that the more you pay for a bike, the more you will ride it. I bought a bike used for Olympic trials at a great price last year. I figured that the price I paid was less than the new wheel set it came with. Throw in all the Dura ace and Campy parts and I was way ahead. I hardly used it. I bought a bike this summer and paid more for one pedal on it than my first new Schwinn. I have not gone more than three days not riding it since this summer. At least a hundred miles a week.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SP it is possible to exercise and internet at the same time. I am talking about isometrics. I suffered an injury that left me bed ridden for a year. I couldn't move my legs at all. I started doing isometrics and now can move pretty well. Longs story, hopefully up on crutches by the first of the new year. I'd suggest you start slow too. Keep your expectations "realistic" (kind of like starting out baiting Wink ).

Celebrate each change and you will enjoy it too!

Keep us informed on your progress. Here's an idea, cut out one cigarette for every 10 miles you gain. Both activities will benefit. "A journey of 1,000 km begins with the first ..." Cool

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you over-exert and injure yourself, you will become more deconditioned.

It will also make the children cry.

Do you hate children?

--J.D.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic