SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Did I mess with a real organization?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
powermugu
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been playing some pastor from "Love Each Other Ministries", India. for a while. Then I took a look at his website and got a little suspicious that it might be legit after all!

Have a look and tell me

http://home.hetnet.nl/~antoonwierda/sermons2/missionindia.htm

They have a real Paypal donation link and a google search found them listed on another site that looks legit with the email address and phone number they are using with me

http://www.cbdeafministry.org/International-Deaf-Ministries.aspx?region=Southern%20Asia

Did I mess with a real charity??
rootuser
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There's a lot of crazy churches and ministries out there.
Does the IP of his mails check out to India?

I didn't look much through those sites, but they might actually be real.

How did you get in touch with him?

Does he keep asking for money? Other lad-like behavior?

"This is what i sent to them am not with any money to go back to nigeria pls help."

United Kingdom (0.25 go to fake_buster)

Safari x4 Wole A.: Akure, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, Akure, Nigeria to Tanguieta, Benin (both with Thomas-the-Tank and Simba), Akure, Nigeria to Kano, Nigeria (with TtT and OD), Akure, Nigeria to Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire (with TtT)

Mortar

pony pony
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerSkype Name
powermugu
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

His IP is in india

He got in touch by sending me an email asking for a donation straight away.

He never asked me to use western union. He first gave me a US bank accout to wire the donation to and claimed it to be some form of an automated process that will redirect my donation to his account in india. Shortly afterwards he gave me an account in the name of "Love each other Ministries" in india.

please take your time and give me a verdict.
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd say it's straight and legit.

Let me expand on that though:
It's straight and legit as much as, let's say, evangelist TV preachers are in the US, i.e. by asking for money for a (ahem) genuine church, he's not really doing anything illegal. The fact that it's not illegal to ask for donations doesn't necessarily mean it's honest. And it doesn't necessarily mean it's dishonest either.

This one is in a bit of a grey area really... It's probably best not to bait them. Whenever you are in doubt, you shouldn't bait anyway.

Remember that 419eater is here to deal with 419 scams primarily, along with lots of other types of scam. And there's lots and lots of those out there!

I'd say drop this guy and pick someone who is more straightforward, and clearly a lying cheating scum bag.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
lottowinner
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

> It's probably best not to bait them.

but if you do keep them busy, you are probably sparing someone's poor ole granny from a good ole fleecing in the name of God. <G>

LW

I want to let you know that every fee you pay to your lawyer here in Nigeria is a scam, And also will advice you to stop dealing with them for your own good. U5M4N 5H4M5UD33N
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic