SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Why are they all called Williams?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
thomas-the-tank
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am sure there is a perfectly good reason for this, but I just noticed in the surplus pile a letter from the widow of . All barristers and lottery agents I deal with are called Williams. I have the feeling that i could dial any random number in Nigeria, and ask for Mr. Williams, and receive an answer.

"I have come to learn the world is pregnant."
"Besides i am on a GLOBAL ASSIGNMENT WITH THE UN, so be reasonable and leave insults"
"suck your blood untill you resemble stockfish"

United Kingdom x 3 x 2 Ivory Coast Australia x 2 Benin
Safari Wole A x 4!! :
pony pony pony pony Goat <= don't ask about the goat! Inventor
Tuco
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe it's like in Los Angeles, where they call each other "Holmes".

"Thanks for giving me a nauthy number that preys unit like a hungry lion." - Alise Kar1m
"I have called you more than 20 times but non of the calls went through." - Williams C0ker
"I've said in my previous mail that I do not understand English." - Cabinet Bad0u
"PLEASE MY CHAIRMAN, I AM NOT GREEDY, I LIKE TO WORK WITH YOU, I HAVE LOST MANY OF MY JOBS , PLS PLS PLS, I WILL WORK HARD WITH U." - Dr. Lui$ James
"There are two kinds of people in the world, my friend."
Closed lad accounts x8 (Thanks Corona)
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Define "they". And I think you meant "Homes" or "Homie" as in "Home Boy".

I smell what you're stepping in, and I don't like it.

Edit: Looks like Holmes is also acceptable, sorry.

Quote:
Homie (less frequently, homey), is a contraction of the American slang word "homeboy" which became prevalent among some of the youth in the African American and Mexican American communities starting in the late 1960's and continuing up to the present, particularly in the hip hop subculture.

Another common contraction of the word homeboy is homes (sometimes "holmes").

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homie

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Homie is also commonly used amongst gang members Wink

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
dr stephen williams
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And, yo, homeslice (it's okay. I'm from NY), whats wrong with the name "Williams"? Some of "us" use the same name..... Laughing

Golden Pith x2 Safari x7 Tattoo x7 Closed lad accounts Mortar Vcamera Sand Timer x6 Team Turd Lgs-Dla Bnn-Lbra Acra-Dkar Dkr-Bnjul- Dkr-Tmbktu-Abche-Adre-N'djmna Lgos-Cairo-Aswn-Jail Ctnu-Lgos Ctnu-acra Lgos-Jbrg-Drbn-Prt-Elzbth-CT-Sprngbk-CT-Drbn-CT-Hrre-Lska-DsSlm-Mmbsa-Nirbi-Kmpla 28,510 Miles
Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Vcamera Sand Timer x4 Team Woody Acra-Sngpre Acra-Dkr-Rsso-Bmko Acra-Ctnu
Safari Lgos-Dkr-Rsso Sand Timer Vcamera (wKLG)
Safari x22 SS Sand Timer x3 United Kingdom United States Nigeria x303 : Closed lad accounts pyramid Mortar
Nurse Nastys Audi TTpony Whip Mc Fry Jack Boot
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've wondered why there are so many Williamses myself. I figured it's just a nice common-sounding name. Then again, I also used to laugh at how stupid scammers sounded when they used names like Goodluck, but I have since been enlightened.

I used to wonder why many of them use two first names so much, like "James Bradley" or "Stephen Jacob". There's the obvious advantage of being able to switch them around from scam to scam, but then I found out that many African people (the ones with Anglicized names) actually DO have names like that. There's a chance that Williams is just a popular surname in their reality-land.

I would rather doubt that lads are very creative in their stage-name selecting, as evidenced by their oh-so-logical explanations of why payment must be made by wire transfer or why they need a passport copy.

"What kind of stupid name is anyway?" - My humble self.
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Is it because they all have Welsh ancestry?

http://www.data-wales.co.uk/names.htm

Do I get my prize now?

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Brad Bateman
Phone lad undertaker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought it was Willaims Wink

"see hen if una wan gba person look mail ok i dey use this mail dey kill person... you won die now?" - Smith Peter
Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone xBulk! (Mass burials available on request)
Knock down a Phone Lad's door today - see www.phonelads.com - and add to the 15600 already busted!
Jolly Roger
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Da

Its because they can't spell Smith

Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Apparently the ruling family of Bonny Province in Nigeria is Williams - so Prince Tony told me.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
GeneralAbacha
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"They" Shocked do seem to have quite a penchant for Williams as a surname. Whats I find really interesting is "their" Shocked constant use of "Williams", "Martins", "Smith" etc. as first names! Especially as they often do this when impersonating US or British bankers or as the name of the deceased in their next of kin modalities. Freakin Moogs... I get the urge to all caps them THERE IS NO ONE IN ENGLAND NAMED WILLIAMS FRANK FFS and I would if it wasn't such an obvious give a away to potential victims Very Happy

Also she said that we need to organized some girls for a lesbian club here , then we will used them and make money , but it will needs some financial support , that if you are here with us that it will be more easy to organized . I know some big girls here that in this lesbian club , they have nice sports car and live in good bungalow.

- Joyce Organ

I WOULD ADVICE YOU TO WRITE JUSTICE AMADU BELLO AND APPOLOGISE TO HIM, YOU SHOULD TELL HIM WHY YOU ARE SCARED IS BECAUSE OF THE BELLO IN HIS NAME. YOU SHOULD TELL HIM TO FIND YOUR HUSBAND FROM THE HANDS OF HOSTAGEER AND ARREST USMAN BELLO AND THE HOSTAGE GANGS.

-Charles Soludo
Otterfan
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ So do I. The CAPS RAGE, I mean. It takes a lot of biting of my metaphorical tongue.

Another name-related annoyance is the way that if my character is called, say, Mr Robert Jones, then emails to him will inevitably begin: "Dear Mr Roberts". Mad

"I have to sale something now to be able to drink water." -- Alice Idris on safari in Cotonou
"why did you waste my time like this why." -- US Army Captain William D Swenson
Hello Kitty! <--TS certified.

Easter Egg
Zen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GeneralAbacha wrote:
Whats I find really interesting is "their" constant use of "Williams", "Martins", "Smith" etc. as first names!

Surnames follow given names in the West, but it's the other way round in Nigeria. Confusion about when to reverse the order of the names is common, and I think that is why lads come up with names like these. It's also behind the common tactic of choosing a reversable name (eg, Samuel Joseph v Joseph Samuel)

Warned you're writing to a scammer? Just say "Thanks, I'm a baiter" (ScamWarners.com)
419eater FAQ/rules: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846
"Tell me what you want to do
And I can make it up for you
And lie" Ticket to Lie, by Texas

Last edited by Zen on Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
thomas-the-tank
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Zen wrote:
Surnames follow given names in the West, but it's the other way round in Nigeria.

Ah, I didn't know that. This explains why one of my lads got quite upset when I asked him why his name changed from message to message. Of course, there are all the "Johnson"s out there as well as the "Williams"s.

I've just heard from as I write this (it's a mere $12.8 million - don't know if I can be bothered with that sort of chump change), but that can't be a surname/given name confusion.

"I have come to learn the world is pregnant."
"Besides i am on a GLOBAL ASSIGNMENT WITH THE UN, so be reasonable and leave insults"
"suck your blood untill you resemble stockfish"

United Kingdom x 3 x 2 Ivory Coast Australia x 2 Benin
Safari Wole A x 4!! :
pony pony pony pony Goat <= don't ask about the goat! Inventor
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic