SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I think I'm being scammed...but I need help

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
john.dorian74
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I recently put up some ads online looking for roommates. I've got someone that replied saying that they'd like to move in. They are offering more than I'm asking for and would like my contact information.

So far, this guy has mixed up his info several times. (eg., he's moving because he's on sabatical vs. moving because he's on assignment.)

The problem is...he has a lot of my personal info already (eg my real e-mail address, house address, etc.)

I'm trying to waste as much time as possible, while being polite. For example, I'm having him sign a lease, but then changing the lease, asking him to make a deposit via credit card and not money order, etc.

What do you guys think?

Scam?
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes you are being scammed.
He will send you a check for more than the amount required. You will be asked to send the overage to him or one of his cohorts via Western Union. The bank may cash the check, you send the money, and when the bank discovers the fraud, you will be responsible for paying back the money.

As this lad has your details, please don't continue baiting him. Tell him you have leased the room to someone else (family member). You can then open a new email account for baiting safely.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey

Last edited by lotta on Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Final Boss
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep sounds like a scam

f you ever mail me again i will go straight to the police and trust me theyll get you.-joshua manvell
thedevguy67

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Listen to Lotta -- this 110% scam. Check overpayment. They run the same exact scam on landlords and bed and breakfasts.

Cease communication he has your personal details. He will go away rather quickly I suspect.

I have a sex dull that will f*ck you till dead - Stanley Lee
You are dirty and castrated Goat - CC Jones
Go f*ck yourself because I know your mum is sucking Satan's penis - Peggy Paiser
You must be high on your mother's frozen menstruation! - Victor Evans

Jolly Roger Safari United States United States United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Ghana Nigeria Togo South Africa
Mortar x12 Golden Pig Closed lad accounts X 2525 X 100s
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic