SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Sixth sense or cynical?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You know after a while of baiting, and reading the lads type of activity for the 5000th time etc you begin to understand the kind of things a lad writes and says

Well over time do we develop a sixth sense or do we become cynical.

Today I read a post on another forum i visit, non eater related, and immediately my brain said - "its a scam"

The offer is unimportant, and i could be completely wrong but im still left wondering if my hunch is correct.

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
Pachanga
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I believe you develop knowledge that in later situations seems intuitive. I trust that sixth sense, intuition, or whatever you want to call it.

Closed lad accounts

Click here to support 419Eater.com
justicebdone
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

D1, at work, dealing with the folks I deal with in the Emergency Room, I have, over the years, developed a Bulls*** detector. What I have found in my on/off again baiting career is that baiting has made that BS detector damn near foolproof.

On a side note, my poor 6 year old can never figure out how I know she is lying . . . Some of that credit belongs to you gals/guys for making me a better lie detector. Poor girl gets sooooooooooo frustrated when I pick her story apart. Sometimes I feel bad for her Wink

F****** d*** motherf***** if you really sent the f****** money why don't you send the f****** control number at once cos I don't really have the time to f*** around with you anymore....you messed up my own Chritsmas too. Nathan "The Potty Mouth" Hitman

If you dont know you are now the Company Police. The Annoyed Check Lad

BACK the ATTACK
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't believe in such a thing as a sixth sense in it's strictest form. I believe that when a person has a wealth of knowledge/experience in a particular area, they are more prone to pick out minuscule pointers that others usually miss.

----------------------------------
Shiver's scammer trophies.
----------------------------------
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Cynical, what shiver said.

Hated the movie, scare the sh*t out of me when I saw it..

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
Akai Ryu
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with Shiver as well--after all, if we did not bait or were not involved in other aspects of internet scams, then we would not have such a "sixth sense." Rather it is more of a learned skill that becomes more finely tuned the more you practice at it, same as with other skills.

Personally I do not think it has made me more "cynical" or "jaded" or what have you--it just helps me see the red flags that may indicate something is a possible fraud. I do not go into anything assuming something is a scam, but can usually come to the conclusion that something is fraudulent in nature, by applying what I have learned here and elsewhere. I would rather have awareness of these indicators of possible fraud than to have my head buried in the sand.

aa419.org --dead a fake site today.

No, Akai, you're a wonderful bitch. --Reaper
Otterfan
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Isn't your 6th sense that thing in your inner ear that tells you which way you're oriented and moving?

Suspended above the floor and blind-folded,* you can still tell which way you'd have to move your head to look up or down, and whether you're moving or not (and in which direction, usually).
That's clearly a sense on top of the normal 5.

* Sounds like the start to a good night... but that's another story

"I have to sale something now to be able to drink water." -- Alice Idris on safari in Cotonou
"why did you waste my time like this why." -- US Army Captain William D Swenson
Hello Kitty! <--TS certified.

Easter Egg
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There are a lot more, but they are sort of hard to describe, such as "proprioception" or the sense of how your body is oriented in space. Touch has a number of modalities that are carried by other pathways.

Blah . . . blah. . . .

--J.D.

thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Otterfan, I have an amazing experience for you.

Find a rotating chair that freely rotates for some time (or a friend that will rotate it for you.)

Sit on it, start it rotating and close your eyes. If the friend is helping you, make sure that you can't feel any accelerations as they do so and they don't touch you.

Wait until you are sure the chair has stopped moving.

Open your eyes.

Your inner ear detects accelerations, not movement. After a while the liquid in the ear canals is rotating at the same speed as the chair, and you feel that you have stopped.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good point. This is why you do not detect movement per se in a car, but the accelerations and decelerations.

--J.D.

D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I wouldnt say i have a "wealth of knowledge in baiting" but being here so long i do know more than the average web surfer.

by sixth sense i do mean instinct, i found it strange the post i had read didnt really stand out, but the structure or something caught my mind and while im reading it im thinking this is a scam.

I agree over time we learn enough to pick out obvious ones, but im thinking over time we also can pick out ones that others wouldnt even consider as scams, but thats where cynical comes in - we can err, which is what makes us human Very Happy

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

Frozboz
AT-AT Squad Leader

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, it's just your experience kicking in. The BS detector is a good example. Reminds me of my (paying) job... I regularly encounter people that have a good reason to lie to me. Baiting has certainly help detect (and respond to) those types.

Wooden Trophies: Stormtrooper Helmet - AT-AT #1 - AT-ATs #3, #4 & #5
Brass Trophy: AT-AT #2
Mortar x3
Dionysius
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thud419 wrote:
@Otterfan, I have an amazing experience for you.

Find a rotating chair that freely rotates for some time (or a friend that will rotate it for you.)

Wait until you are sure the chair has stopped moving.

Open your eyes.

Then clear up the vomit that was sprayed around the room.

I don't think that it's that we become more atuned to scams, it's that over time we begin to realise that an aweful lot of people are out to screw us. I don't think this has anything to do with experiences in scambaiting. Afterall, in baiting you KNOW that everything the lad says is a lie and that you need evidence before you believe anything.

RIP - Lad vampire and muguito were the gifts that kept on leeching. Greatly missed.

Information about Scams and their effects with great trophies - http://www.scam-info-links.info/ from Scam Patroller - http://www.romancescambaiter.com/ from wayne
michael bolton
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think it's a matter of experience. The subtle clues that you pick up that are obvious to subconsciously notice, but not obvious to name.

This shows up in other areas as well. As a RL Nurse, I've had times where I would have a "bad feeling" about a patient in the hospital, and ten minutes later they quit breathing. In fact, "nursing premonition" is a recognized criteria for putting a patient in the ICU.

I don't see why baiting would be any different.

D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think what we all learn here is very useful, in the real world the same rules apply, I agree.

In seriousness though we are all learning, Eater has by virtue of its members become a proper educational place.

Not many websites can boast that what it tries to teach is eventually picked up as instinct, I find that fact pretty cool.

Anyway im happy. Long may eater continue.

ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

justicebdone wrote:
On a side note, my poor 6 year old can never figure out how I know she is lying . . . Some of that credit belongs to you gals/guys for making me a better lie detector. Poor girl gets sooooooooooo frustrated when I pick her story apart. Sometimes I feel bad for her Wink

JBD Be careful not to educate the wee one in the lie detecting ways, or in 10 years you will have a real challenge on your hands. She will just learn to lie better... Shocked Laughing

@ thud419
You didn't tell of what happens when the spinning stops. The inner ear senses that your body is now moving in the other direction. If your eyes are open... puke Then follow Dionysius instructions above... Shocked

From the voice of experience. Embarassed

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm certainly more likely to spot a scam now than I was a couple of years ago, and I can spot a scam email without reading it. In fact I have trouble reading them; my eyes just skim over them taking in the salient points.

If you really want puke wait until you think the chair has stopped and then tip your head 90 degrees.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There are special chairs used to test vestibular function which give Banana Republic and Evil Overlord [Tm.--Ed.] interrogators "pause."

Amazing how the body gathers information.

--J.D.

justicebdone
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^PN^^

Thanks . . . she will never know how I know. Laughing

F****** d*** motherf***** if you really sent the f****** money why don't you send the f****** control number at once cos I don't really have the time to f*** around with you anymore....you messed up my own Chritsmas too. Nathan "The Potty Mouth" Hitman

If you dont know you are now the Company Police. The Annoyed Check Lad

BACK the ATTACK
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic