SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I got scammed on eBay

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
WesternUnion
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not a regular poster on here but I thought I should go to the experts as to how to exact my revenge on a eBay scammer. Here's how it happened Embarassed

I sold a phone on eBay, the user paid up front �300 for a buy it now only a day after I'd posted the listing. I then received an email telling me to post it to and address in North London. I receieved a second email from PayPal saying I'd received �300 from said buyer. Great I thought, money is in the bag. Hmm..however, there was something fishy going on. Different name on the eBay account, different name of sender of PayPayl emoney. So I rang Paypal, the lady on the phone assured me there was nothing untoward and so I withdrew the money into my account. Went to the post office and posted the phone via Special Delivery. Couple of hours later and two emails pop up from PayPal saying the money has been withdrawn from my account, as someone had hacked someone elses eBay account !!! arrghh

Back onto the phone to PayPal and was put through to the fraud department. I was told because the money had come from a non-verified address I wasn't eligible for any compensation nothing... zilch ! By now I'm fuming but got no where with PayPal. Reported it to Metroplitan Police and Royal Mail also.

I'm in the process of trying to get the package stopped before it's delivered to the b$t4rd that scammed me.

I would like fellow baiters to advise me how I can exact some revenge on said scammer, bearing in mind he lives in London and I have his postal address. Felt like sending him a big box of my freshest poo . Any suggestions??? If possible I'd like to get him/her to lose out financially Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
sekhmet29
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Western, and welcome to the Eater! I'm sorry you got diddled - the ebay ones worry me quite a lot, as you can never tell. Hopefully you'll be able to get the phone back before it arrives with the scammer.

On a different note, don't send him anything dodgy - there's a good chance it's either a drop-box or a victim's address. Check out the stickies for details on what you should/shouldn't send.

Other than that, why not have a go at him from a baiting account (again read the stickies and/or get a mentor) and then you can get him back for messing with you! (But don't mention cash-baiting, because that's likely to get you a flogging from the mods... beating )

pony

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified "Atta Girl"!
Akai Ryu
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, and welcome, sorry about the circumstances which bring you here, though.

I do not see much here that is baitable....

Here is what I think may have happened, with the person's account who was "hacked"--that person probably fell for a phishing email and entered their personal informations on a phishing website. Usually the criminals behind that or Russian, or from a country nearby. Often they are associated with organized crime, in the same circles as those responsible for the DDoS on this site and a number of others. Anyway, maybe the person whose PayPal account was phished found out they messed up, alerted PayPal to it, and so PayPal put a lock on that person's account.

Unfortunately that does not help you, though...

Since you are a scam victim you might consider checking out http://www.scamwarners.com/ if you have not already, as that website is set up specifically to deal with helping victims. It is a sister-site to this one so a lot of the same people are there. They may have some ideas for you.

aa419.org --dead a fake site today.

No, Akai, you're a wonderful bitch. --Reaper
WesternUnion
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the replies guys
Afferbecklauder
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ WesternUnion

Here is a link to an earlier Pay Pal matter. Read the post by me in this link.
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=117178&highlight=afferbecklauder

If you keep at Pay Pal you just might get some action. They are like Insurance Companies, they initially deny all responsibility.

As for the scammer, forget him, he could have accessed more of your personal information than you can be comfortable about.

Also read Dual Core's final post. There is hope, but you have to keep at it.

I will send a photo copy of your draft to your state security agent with all your information that you are using the money to finance TERRORIST in America that you have received one already, and you also involved in the slept 11 attack.
NA BABA GOD GO PUNISH INA LIVES ANY WHERE INA DEY PLUS
UR BASTARD GOMER COS IN NO BE MISTER ATALL U SILLY
SCOMBERGS U NA DEY CUTT MY JOBS ABI.NO WORRY I NO GO
TELL UNA AGAIN,BUT IF UNA TRY AGAIN UNA NO GO WAKE
FROM SLEEP THE VERY NEXT MORNING I MEAN U WILL BE
MURDERED WITHOUT WARNING THE VERY NEXT MORNING NINFO . Walter Savvidez

pony
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic