SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Need 9 more people

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kaspersky want 420 GBP for my windows server 2003 renewal, which covers 10 workstations, fileservers, and 15 email addresses, however 420 is ridiculous for a single server, so im wondering if anyone else is interested in buying in a group from kaspersky it covers 10 servers.

I DO NOT WANT people to send me the money - I just first need to work out if we have 10 that would want the system, it only works for windows 2003 server and costs �420 per annum normally for 10, but with 9 others then it would be 42 quid - its legal its a 10 user licence and were only going to be 10 users !

If 10 peeps do agree then hopefully i can convince shiver or one of the mods with a little donation of �5 each for doing it to buy it and give the 10 the key. ( the total each of us would pay is �47 )
That way we dont end up doing private trade on eater, and eater benefits.

I only ask because 420 is too much to protect a single server.

http://www.kaspersky.co.uk/uk/business_store

Kaspersky Enterprise Space Security <<< top of the range Smile

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Check the T&C. I imagine that the ten workstations have to be in one location or at least one company.

Kaspersky isn't my favorite AV, although anyone that runs WS2003 should know enough to configure it correctly. It ran like a pig when we first installed it.

For a cheaper solution, ditch W2003 and load Linux and clamAV for free Wink

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nod32 is a much better product IMHO, and also if you want to pay for a server license it is �300 cheaper for the same number of workstations.

www.nod32.com

----------------------------------
Shiver's scammer trophies.
----------------------------------
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@thud, I did speak to Claire Rule at kaspersky, she said that yep i could share the licence upto the amount licenced, but shivers found a better product.

Thanks shiver, ill give nod32 a try Smile

@thud also yup i can configure windows 2003 to be difficult to attack, but the issue is its windows, some viruses can get past its own defences so i need a second set of security to catch that. when sasser came out, kaspersky identified that without knowing it was sasser, it just said "possible worm detected" it also got msblast, i think back then i was using aol, and as soon as i would connect i got infected hence i looked up the charts for the time and it showed kaspersky as top, been with them ever since, ive had the server a few years, its taken its fair share of knocks but nothing got past kaspersky thankfully hence thats where i went to renew but if nods cheaper and better ill give that its fair chance Smile

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

Ivor Grimey Colon
"Trophy slut"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thud419 wrote:
For a cheaper solution, ditch W2003 and load Linux and clamAV for free Wink
You can also get a Windows port by the name of "ClamWin". Unfortunately, the Windows version doesn't seem to have any sort of automatic "resident shield" as most do.

"If your bait does not cause an ethics thread, you are not baiting hard enough." - YeaWhatever

Pimp My Number | A Donation a Day keeps Nurse Nasty at bay
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yea ive got it sorted now, im giving nod32 a try from nov 26th when version 3.0 comes out.

Linux is great for a lot of stuff, but the main use of the w2003 is media streaming, and quite a few asp pages for my own websites chat functionality.

All of which i can do on linux, but the servers running 2003, and the amount of hoops i had to jump through with microsoft to get that 2003 i aint changing it as it works very nicely.

I am a cheeky sod, ive found if software is for multiusers, as long as you call the company tell them there too expensive most will help.

Microsoft try to blow your brain with terms and stuff but the call usually goes "ok so you need to buy"

Wright B Hindyou
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd have been hoping that the bods at Nod had better maths skills.
Quote:
Lightweight: Uses less resources (up to 1200% less).
Confused

"bastard like you, I will kill you with my hand, son of nobody. May your soul rust in help." - Titi Andrew

"I trusted you very much without knowing that you are a drug addit person" - Emma Bambara

"THIS YOUR BEHAVIOR IS IRELEVANT AND CROSPOLOS CARACTER" - Madam Clarrise Keita.

"you must speak beter because we dont train mad people in this company." - Incredible Self-Baiting Pastor Joe
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Umm with percentages they have a strange ability, see if one program really does use 1200% more than another that is 12x the resources Wink

but it could easily be a typo, ive found some big sites with issues recently its black friday lol, someone posted about it and i said it was crap - well now im hiding under my duvet, it all went wrong for me on black friday.

But seriously percentages can work strangely, there maths teachers will be fighting off the worms and turning in there graves with the abuse of percentages lol.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic