SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

What does this mean?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My AV software just put this up on my screeen a bit earlier today. (I was NOT on eater, but I was on Yahoo and gmail.)

An intrusion attempt by 61.178.176.152 was blocked 11/17/07 4:43pm

I looked the IP up and found this.

whois wrote:

inetnum: 61.178.176.0 - 61.178.176.255
netname: ZY-AREA-NET-CLUB
descr: Gansu,Zhangye area net club
admin-c: YZ37-AP
tech-c: YZ37-AP
changed: ***@public.lz.gs.cn 20040519
mnt-by: MAINT-CHINANET-GS
source: APNIC

person: Yang Zhanrong
address: No.405 Pingliang Road
address: Lanzhou,Gansu
address: 730000,P.R.China
phone: +86-931-8789183
fax-no: +86-931-8788139
e-mail: ***@public.lz.gs.cn
nic-hdl: YZ37-AP
mnt-by: MAINT-CHINANET-GS
changed: ******@public.lz.gs.cn 20020206

Is there any way to report this attempted attack on my computer? Is tis the type of thing that creates a botnet and therefore dds attack?

Now I am really ParaNoid. Shocked

Second attack just moments ago, data: An intrusion attempt by 220.189.238.42 was blocked 11/17/07 5:57pm

whois wrote:

inetnum: 220.189.238.40 - 220.189.238.43
netname: CHANGXING-MIDDLE-SCHOOL
descr: Changxing Middle School
descr:
admin-c: GL581-AP
tech-c: CH119-AP
changed: ********@dcb.hz.zj.cn 20051104
mnt-by: MAINT-CN-CHINANET-ZJ-HU

role: CHINANET-ZJ Huzhou
address: No.18 Hongqi Road,Huzhou,Zhejiang.313000
phone: +86-572-2022163
fax-no: +86-572-2210609
e-mail: *********@mail.huptt.zj.cn
trouble: send spam reports to *********@mail.huptt.zj.cn
trouble: and abuse reports to *********@mail.huptt.zj.cn
trouble: Please include detailed information and times in UTC
admin-c: CH50-AP
tech-c: CH50-AP
nic-hdl: CH119-AP
mnt-by: MAINT-CHINANET-ZJ
changed: ******@dcb.hz.zj.cn 20031204

person: Guobin Lu
nic-hdl: GL581-AP
e-mail: *********@mail.huptt.zj.cn
address: No.208,Jinlin Road(north),Changxing,Huzhou,Zhejiang.
Postcode:313100
phone: +86-572-6227690
changed: ********@dcb.hz.zj.cn 20051104
mnt-by: MAINT-CN-CHINANET-ZJ-HU

EDITED to add times and second attack data

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com

Last edited by ParaNoid on Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It does have a connection with the storm, that IP is listed as an attacking host, see here:

http://www.sectegrity.com/alerts/isc.shtml

http://www.mittineague.com/dev/dids.php

Other for the same IP:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=opera&rls=en&hs=CrD&q=61.178.176.152&btnG=Search

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you SP.

General question: Do "they"use random number generators to troll for vulnerable IPs? Much like they hit email accounts and are able to use the account name in an email. (I always assumed the email addresses were hand harvested.)

I always say that Eater is educational.

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Stoker Thompson
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi ParaNoid Very Happy

Is your computer connected directly to the internet modem? This would be the cable modem box or the DSL modem. If so power off the modem for a minute and then power it back on. This will change your IP slightly.

Chances are someone is just scanning a block of address's. That's fairly common. I would recommend getting a router if you don't already have one. I am assuming that you are running current AV software, a good firewall, and some anti-spyware software.

I'd recommend getting a Mac or setting up an old laptop with Linux for browsing & baiting if you are worried about security.
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ParaNoid wrote:
Do "they"use random number generators to troll for vulnerable IPs?

Well, yes. Basically port scans make part of the everyday white noise of the internet. Nothing special and nothing terribly worrying, provided your PC is patched and secured by a firewall. Let's just say that marking such scans as "intrusion attempts" is a bit of PR from the firewall makers themselves. You have to say "good puppy" every now and then to keep it happy.

A good firewall will not respond to such attempts and play dead. You can test here whether your firewall is worth its dogfood and doesn't bark.

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Your system has achieved a perfect "TruStealth" rating. Not a single packet � solicited or otherwise � was received from your system as a result of our security probing tests. Your system ignored and refused to reply to repeated Pings (ICMP Echo Requests). From the standpoint of the passing probes of any hacker, this machine does not exist on the Internet. Some questionable personal security systems expose their users by attempting to "counter-probe the prober", thus revealing themselves. But your system wisely remained silent in every way. Very nice.

Cool Now everyone go test your firewall and post your results like we always do when we find something like this!

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Don wrote:
Let's just say that marking such scans as "intrusion attempts" is a bit of PR from the firewall makers themselves. You have to say "good puppy" every now and then to keep it happy.

Amen! Thus reminding you that the damn thing is protecting you from someone stealing your wife and first born, and reminding you to renew your subscription when it expires.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All my ports were stealth, but:

Ping Reply: RECEIVED (FAILED) � Your system REPLIED to our Ping (ICMP Echo) requests, making it visible on the Internet. Most personal firewalls can be configured to block, drop, and ignore such ping requests in order to better hide systems from hackers. This is highly recommended since "Ping" is among the oldest and most common methods used to locate systems prior to further exploitation.

I don't know how to correct this. Or if I even need to.

Total amount in counterfeit checks taken off the street: $11450USD

"YOU THE TALK OF SCAM YOU WILL REMAIN POOR OVER THERE, YOU DONT KNOW EZE EGO OF IHIALA.."[email protected]

"if only u had a little bit more education........u probably wouldn't have ended up this way."...Dr Bola Taylor

"THE GOD OF ABRAHAM WILL DESTROY U THIS 2007 YOU WILL NOT ENTER 2008 ."...henry oranusi (fake minister)
Cellphone x5 Closed lad accounts x6 pony
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^wingman,

What firewall are you using? and are you using a router, too?
Sounds like you may have a problem there...

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pastor Frank wrote:
Thus reminding you that the damn thing is protecting you from someone stealing your wife and first born, and reminding you to renew your subscription when it expires.

And makes for some impressive figures, like mine letting me now that "12249 Intrusions have been blocked since install". Doesn't actually mean anything but looks impressive. Especially when you keep the pop up thingie enabled...makes you feel a proper internet ninja, clining to the flag in a hacker thunderstorm... Laughing

flushmynutz
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Had to go there to get my own "pat on the head"...

Quote:
YOUR computer has DELIBERATELY CHOSEN NOT TO RESPOND (that's very cool!) which represents advanced computer and port stealthing capabilities. A machine configured in this fashion is well hardened to Internet NetBIOS attack and intrusion.

and if that didn't make me cool enough...

Quote:
Unable to connect with NetBIOS to your computer.
All attempts to get any information from your computer have FAILED. (This is very uncommon for a Windows networking-based PC.) Relative to vulnerabilities from Windows networking, this computer appears to be VERY SECURE since it is NOT exposing ANY of its internal NetBIOS networking protocol over the Internet.

I feel so validated now! Very Happy

D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I like the IDS system I use, a lot of white noise isnt an attack, in your case (the original poster - i simply dont know but im refering to basic internet white noise)

Some p2p creates white noise, as the people using p2p there machine "reaches out" to other machines, those with p2p get a response those without get a log Sad

Virgin im sure has helkern virus on there system, everytime i put my computer on there network i get at least 4 alerts a day, on every other isp its about 1 every 3 or 4 weeks!

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Don, you're the ... well it already says t in your title line. I seem to already have my computer configured tightly.

Shields Up wrote:
Your system has achieved a perfect "TruStealth" rating. Not a single packet � solicited or otherwise � was received from your system as a result of our security probing tests. Your system ignored and refused to reply to repeated Pings (ICMP Echo Requests). From the standpoint of the passing probes of any hacker, this machine does not exist on the Internet. Some questionable personal security systems expose their users by attempting to "counter-probe the prober", thus revealing themselves. But your system wisely remained silent in every way. Very nice.

I never knew I was a ninja! I was pretty sure I didn't really "exist" though... Shocked

Damn the attackers... Evil or Very Mad

Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

How did I do this? I never did anything special other than install Norton Internet security.

Quote:
Your Internet port 139 does not appear to exist!
One or more ports on this system are operating in FULL STEALTH MODE! Standard Internet behavior requires port connection attempts to be answered with a success or refusal response. Therefore, only an attempt to connect to a nonexistent computer results in no response of either kind. But YOUR computer has DELIBERATELY CHOSEN NOT TO RESPOND (that's very cool!) which represents advanced computer and port stealthing capabilities. A machine configured in this fashion is well hardened to Internet NetBIOS attack and intrusion.

and this

Quote:
Unable to connect with NetBIOS to your computer.
All attempts to get any information from your computer have FAILED. (This is very uncommon for a Windows networking-based PC.) Relative to vulnerabilities from Windows networking, this computer appears to be VERY SECURE since it is NOT exposing ANY of its internal NetBIOS networking protocol over the Internet.

I know this sounds good but I have no idea what is going on. Don can you explain?

Edit: You know what Don never mind. You'll probably confuse me even more. I'll just be happy with what it told me Smile

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing That's the spirit!

Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Stoker Thompson wrote:
I'd recommend getting a Mac. . . .

Which pretty much is all that needs to be stated.

Very Happy

Right . . . I will just let myself out the back. . . .

--J.D.

P.S. Though Macs are vulnerable through ports too.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic