SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Permission

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
h4x27h3m4x
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I hope this is in the right forum......
I'm writing a term paper about 419 scams, and I was wondering wether or not this site would be aloud to be mentioned in my paper, in a positive manner.
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome here, and please tell me you do not really need to type in that username every time you log in. I would have logged myself out of the site on the second try Laughing

If you wanted to mention the site, you could have done so with or without permission, but if you would like official permission, go to the site admin. There is an email addy on the frontpage for shiv, but you can also PM him. He is the man in charge here Very Happy

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
Jayhawk
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't have any problem with it, but could you throw a few mods under the bus? Then again, my opinion doesn't really matter.

I'm not trying to sound nasty, but why would you think this would be a problem?

Yes pets are allowed as far as you will occupy the apartment alone, you can release the Kraken.

i will kill you even if it take me to go to jail i will do that because i hate you with all my life....
assisin killer to Feathers McGraw
PLEASE I BEG YOU TO LET ME KNOW THAT PIGGIES OF YOURS PLEASE... assisin killer to Feathers again
Vcamera x5 Safari Team Humphere
Long Live Silver Peak Orphanage! - Loan Lad Langwenya Andile
h4x27h3m4x
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just wanted to make sure, there is an aweful lot of secrecy that something like this site must be kept in to keep the scammers from trying to bring the site down.
Yes, I do type that in every time, but I've gotten used to it. h4x27h3m4x.
Not too hard.
Quote:
could you throw a few mods under the bus?

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean.
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Who will read your paper? Lads? Shocked

Seriously, if you would like to receive official permission, just hit the 'message' function on the top end of your screen and send a PM to Shiver MeTimbers..... ask him to put a RSOT on the permission slip and you have your first trophy Laughing

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
Bungo Pony
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
please tell me you do not really need to type in that username every time you log in.

It's in leet (or 1337)

h4x27h3m4x = haxrthemax

Some people are really good at typing in leet, especially their usernames.

...and that gives me an idea. Perhaps I should do my bait name in leet and get my lad to put it on his documents as my real name Very Happy

"I don't want you to be faster than your shoes." - 1brah1m Qvattara
h4x27h3m4x
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hax to the max, I didn't know 2 stood for r.
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I just wanted to make sure, there is an aweful lot of secrecy that something like this site must be kept in to keep the scammers from trying to bring the site down.

No, not really.

We don't care if lads know about us and we would much rather potential victims do.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
LaBrea
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^
But we don't necessarily want to push it in the lads' faces, either, it might ruin some ongoing baits.
Potential and current victims, that's a different story- the more knowledge, the better. Cool

"Sir I sworn an oath as a legal luminary to defend your cause in all ramification from the armpit of the law" - Barr. W4k4r4 Iss4c
pony pony pony Mortar x6 Closed lad accounts x25
Click here to help your lad miss his scam quota
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The more people that know about it the better.

If lads know about it and a lot do they call us "Jokers" and "children" to them it makes no sense why we do what we do, they cant understand the concept of it all.
Lads who do know about this site only worry about it, it makes them paranoid and thus victims are reduced because lads think the real victims are jokers which is a major success to us.

If the public know about it, they will think twice, it wont stop everyone - sadly some people are in such desperate money situations - i think its a bit like gamblers - they know full well the risks, but they just cant help themselves but the majority of people who get 419 emails usually respond to the lad with insults, but for the rest its a real learning curve, some have no idea 419 even exists.

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
Ari
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

h4x27h3m4x wrote:
Ah, but the lads already know about baiters. They've tried to take down various antifraud sites, but failed miserably. Wink

Welcome to the board.
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

h4x...

I would encourage you to also look at the scamwarners.com sister site and figure a way to work it's mission into your paper as well. The more awareness the better IMO. Smile

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
h4x27h3m4x
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Turned in, Sent a PM to Shiver, but there was no return. I worked scamwarners.com into the final paragraph along with the 'eater, 90 out of 85 points.(don't know how the extra 5 points got in there) Cool Funny, my teacher's been working with computers for 15 years, but has never heard of 419 scams Confused

Edit: checked the grade online

** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

h4x27h3m4x wrote:
. . . I was wondering wether or not this site would be aloud to be mentioned in my paper, in a positive manner.

No, you may not.

Only in a negative light.

Cool

--J.D.

P.S. Welcome to the Forums!

P.P.S. Two drink minimum. . . .

DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
scammers from trying to bring the site down.
That bus has already sailed. It didn't work.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
scansum
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

90 out of 85 points.
Wow. It would seem your teacher not knowing about 419 scams worked to your advantage, But I've seen the same sort of thing even from "computer professionals".

fsnuffer
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

h4x27h3m4x wrote:
Turned in, Sent a PM to Shiver, but there was no return. I worked scamwarners.com into the final paragraph along with the 'eater, 90 out of 85 points.(don't know how the extra 5 points got in there) Cool Funny, my teacher's been working with computers for 15 years, but has never heard of 419 scams Confused

Edit: checked the grade online

15 years and never heard of Nigerian scams? Be kind of fun to bait/adger-bey the prof Very Happy But only after you get your final grade.

Mortar x2
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic