SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

ANyone seen these?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mrbigtime
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I recently looked into a couple of online brokerage accounts and then i recieve this email... This is a new one for me. I take it as a phishing attempt because etrade is not one of the sites I looked into but is this just a new random at me or is there some way I left my email up for grabs?

Dear E*TRADE user,
For the User Agreement, Section 9, we may immediately issue a warning, temporarily suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide our services to you if we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users or us.

Our terms and conditions you agreed to state that your service must always be under your control or those you designate all times. We have noticed some unusual activity related to your service that indicates other parties may have access and or control of your informations in your service.

We recently noticed one or more attempts to log in to your E*TRADE Account, service from a foreign IP adress. If you recently accessed your service while traveling, the unusual log in attempts may have been initiated by you. Please Confirm your account as soon as possible to restore your account status.

The log in attempt was made from:
ISP host : c-64-154-34-134.hsfgd1.il.comcast.net

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your assistance in helping us maintain the integrity of the entire system. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.
Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered.

I WANT TO TELL YOU THAT YOUR $130 CANNOT BUY ME ABOTTLE OF BEER IN MY COUNTRY

I believed you should be trying to pull my legs and let it be so as I will not like to tolerate such attitude from you

Please brother stop that joke, it is an expensive joke that can cause hyper tension.

BECAUSE IN MY VILLAGE WE DONT HAVE A TELL PHONE
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

try [email protected]

It looks new, if you dont have an account with them, then its 100% RISKY lol

If theres a site connected, post it in the fake sites section, or ask a mod who will be happy to help you get the site to the right people.

With ones from paypal, as there are so many i just forward them to the [email protected] and hope they eventually close the site, the main problem is the sheer number of them. I couldnt send a letter to each and every host saying "dear X i think you may have an issue with X location due to an email i received and i know your really busy but because you have a good reputation im sure you would want to stop abuse of your services so your customers enjoy your great reputation"

Ok kissing there behind is overkill but it gets results lol.

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, it's just a standard phishing email where they are hoping to hit someone with an Etrade ccount, somewhere in the email there should be a link to click, which will go to a fake Etrade login page, that's where they phish the unsuspecting individuals login details from.

Don't click the link in the email, phishing sites sometimes contain trojans/kelogger etc, but if you move your cursor over the link, the true url will be seen in your status bar, probably something like http:// 123.456.768xxxxxx

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
mrbigtime
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes I have found that forwarding any phishing emails usually work if I forward to spoof @ whatever financial institution usually works... as did this one... I just got a litttle fluttered because I have never seen that kind before and the day before I did open an online brokerage account with another site... just a coincidence i guess

I do have the link it used ...
link snipped. TS

is there someplace i should post this?

sorry mods for the site illiteracy earlier

I believed you should be trying to pull my legs and let it be so as I will not like to tolerate such attitude from you

Please brother stop that joke, it is an expensive joke that can cause hyper tension.

mrbigtime
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I read the fake bank stickies and figure you dont want it there so i will post the full email here for anyone inerested in the new phishing email

Dear E*TRADE user,
For the User Agreement, Section 9, we may immediately issue a warning, temporarily suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide our services to you if we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users or us.

Our terms and conditions you agreed to state that your service must always be under your control or those you designate all times. We have noticed some unusual activity related to your service that indicates other parties may have access and or control of your informations in your service.
We recently noticed one or more attempts to log in to your E*TRADE Account, service from a foreign IP adress. If you recently accessed your service while traveling, the unusual log in attempts may have been initiated by you. Please Confirm your account as soon as possible to restore your account status.

The log in attempt was made from:
ISP host : c-64-154-34-134.hsfgd1.il.comcast.net

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your assistance in helping us maintain the integrity of the entire system. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.
Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered.

To confirm your account click one of the link below.

Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Moved here.

Normally, phishing stuff goes in Misc Scams- it would do some good to have one stuck here just so that the newer users, or those that aren't familar with these know what to do with them.

These aren't baitable and aren't reportable via normal channels that we use here at Eater or aa419.

The best things to do with these are 1) simply delete it from your inbox and don't click the links, 2) report it to the bank or company that is being spoofed (Bank of America, Wells Fargo, EBay, PayPal, etc) or 3) forward it on to a "phishfighting" type website which will flood the spoof site with requests.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Mrbig,

Just wondering if the link you posted should be made with a space or 2 so others here dont accidentally click it.

Perhaps I am paranoid

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
mrbigtime
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just posted the whole email as i recieved it... i just noticed that the mods took out the link at the top... i will advise them to do it again in case they dont notice right away... sorry ignorance on my part..

but I have noticed that most phishing emails can be forwarded

spoof @ (whatever financial institution) will usuallly work to notify that institution of the new phishing attempt ... whether I am an account holder with them or not

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic