SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Keystrokes4Cash Data Entry Scam

View next topic
View previous topic

45 Colt
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been investigating this guy and attempting to get a refund since getting burned on this scam on Nov 6th. I'm not an internet newbie, I've been on line for quite a while and luckily I've only gotten scammed twice in the years I've been online. Usually when I'm curious about an online offer I'll google it looking for negatives and real world info. I don't just break out the credit card and jump into things. In this particular case probably because this one is fairly new I was unable to find anything negative on it.

I didn't have any info as to who I was actually dealing with until AFTER I had paid my money to Cyber Junky Inc. Didn't even know I was dealing with Cyber junky til after hitting the "Pay by Paypal link" on the Keystrokes 4Cash site.

Basically the gist of the Keystrokes4 Cash scheme is this... They tell you that there is a lot of money to be made in affiliate marketing, which is true.

Secondly they tell you that you can begin making this money with little or no money, Other than the small investment of joining up with their Membership. They offer two types of membership Basic and VIP.

The Basic membership was priced at $49.95 BUT GUESS WHAT???

The basic membership link was down and they were offering their $99.95 priced VIP membership for a discounted price of ONLY $45.00
Provided that you purchased it on that day that you visited their site. I later discovered that this changes daily that they up their "limited time discount" offer date daily.

Next they offer a 60 day money back refund. There is no contact info on how to obtain this refund other than their unresponsive help desk on the site.

After joining up as a VIP member and entering their VIP area led to a page of offers for several other money making schemes that were no doubt affiliate links paying Mr Briggs commissions.

Closing that page I was taken to a tutorial on registering on PayDotCom as an affiliate marketer and instructions on how to post affilliate links.

The VIP area also had a list of free online classified ad sites and suggestions on using free classifieds for posting affiliate links. A lot of these listings were outdated.

After signing up and registering on Pay Dot Com it is suggested by Keystrokes4Cash that you begin placing ads through these free classifieds using products in the PayDot Com Marketplace in your ads. You are pretty much left on your own at this point.

Pay Dot Com is not associated with Billy Briggs he is using them to fuel his scam. In fact after posting a question in the forum at PayDot com a moderater informed me that I was just one of many people who had landed there after falling for a Data Entry scam and suggested that I seek a refund from scammer.

After doing a bit of investigation on Cyber Junky Inc. The company that collects the money through Esellerate for Keystrokes4Cash I turned up quite a bit of info on Briggs and several other Data Entry scams of his. It looks like he cloned the Keystrokes4Cash site from one of his other sites called Type At Home. He has front companies such as Synergy Investments Inc. and Cyber Junky Inc. that he runs these scams under. Here is some info that I gleaned from the Better business bureau on Briggs and his operations. I've added Keystrokes4 Cash to the list as this seems to be his newest scam and it hasn't yet generated complaints with the BBB.

Company name:
* Synergy Investments Inc.
* Cyber Junky Inc.
* Keystrokes4Cash
* Type At Home
* Data Entry Made Easy
* PaidSurveysEtc.com
* Type-at-home.com

Company Address: 1042 N El Camino Real #B358 Encinitas Ca 92024

Type Of Entity: Corporation

Principle: Billy Briggs, Owner

Number of Employees: 1

Phone Number: 858-345-5580

Email Address: [email protected]

BBB Acreditation: status This company is not a BBB acredited business.

Type of business: Computer Software publishers & developers, Internet marketing services, Work-At Home Cos.

This company is Not a member of the BBB of San Diego and Imperial Counties.

Customer Experience:
Based on BBB files this company has an unsatisfactory record with the bureau due to 16 unanwsered complaints and its failure to substantiate or modify advertising claims.

The BBB contacted the company with the following.

* Income Claims
* Testimonials
* 60 day risk free trials
* Their email address

The company did not respond to the BBB's requests for substantiation. The BBB suggests that consumers obtain pertinent information prior to conducting business.

The Bureau processed a total of 528 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total 528 complaints closed in the last 36 months 462 were closed in the last 12 months

These complaints concerned:
38 regarding:
67 regarding: Advertising Issues
1 regarding: Billing or Collection Issues
5 regarding: Customer Service Issues
7 regarding: Delivery Issues
146 regarding: Guarantee of Service Issues
5 regarding: Product issues
229 regarding: Refund or Exchange Issues
16 regarding: Selling Practices
14 regarding: Service issues

Oh another Item I'd like to add When I purchased Keystrokes4Cash in addition to the claimed discounted Vip Member price of $45.00 Briggs tacked on an additional charge that he called taxes bringing the total up to $54.37. I'm not in California and not subject to California Sales Tax This ammounted to a nearly 20% additional charge I doubt that California charges a 20% sales tax. I doubt that this money went for taxes at all just an additional ripoff from a known ripoff.
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

45 caliber,

Sorry to hear you got taken by these scums. Have you filed a complaint with the ftc or your state attorney general's office?
http://ftc.gov/ftc/cmplanding.shtm
http://ag.ca.gov/consumers/
The more complaints they get, the sooner they can be taken down. Evil or Very Mad

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari [email protected] & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & [email protected] - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
45 Colt
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry about being slow to respond to your post. I've not filed a complaint with the FTC, however I did get my refund through esellerate the billing company that they use. Their billing company was very prompt in crediting the money back into my paypal account. I belong to a couple of affiliate marketing sites and I see a lot of newbies landing there as a result of being scammed by these people I've been helping the newbies with info on getting their refunds from these scammers.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic