SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Why is she asking me to get a credit card for St George Bank

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Poll :: Should i open a savings account at St George bank (in my real name of course)?

yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
no
100%
 100%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 12

Mike_Hunt
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The story is that this Russian girl Tatyana (the same person as Liliya in "From Russia with love" in the letters section) wants me to get a St George bank credit card so that her uncle in New Zealand can transfer $1000 for a plane ticket, then i can transfer the $1000 to her using Western Union. I thought maybe i could just go and apply for a savings account (instead of a credit card) at St George bank and see what happens. What do i have to lose? How could she scam me if i do that? I originally told her i didn't have much money, but after i realised she was a scammer i mentioned that i did have some savings, is she just trying to make me get more money so she can take it off me?
Problem is, this started where she was sending me letters, and i was politely declining, but slowly getting interested as she sent pictures from "nextdoornikki.com". So she knows my real name, that i live in the Blue Mountains in Australia, and she has a picture of me (what? i thought she was hot). Is there any danger at all, or is that just paranoia?
Anyway, when she told me her full name i did a google search and found she was a scammer. Then i decided to play along. But she blew it when she sent a picture with "nextdoornikki.com" written at the bottom, so i called her on it. She just sent me this email saying "i broken", so i sent an angry email back telling her how i had broken up with my girlfriend for her, and what was i supposed to do now, and i then took the opportunity to ask for a real photo of herself holding a sign to prove that it really is her (that was today), it would be pretty cool to get a trophy on my first attempt.
This scam baiting sounds like fun, think i might get into it as a hobby. But anyway, what i really wanted to know was, is there any risk associated with me getting a savings account at St George bank? Should i end it now? There's a lot of paranoid stuff about never giving out your real details, just wondering how seriously to take it.
Take it easy
Mike Hunt
I'm very curious to see the picture of the girl she sends next time with the sign. Because if she's too ugly i won't be interested, but if she's too good looking i will wonder why she didn't just use her real picture in the first place. Quite a predicament.
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Holy Crap Mike! You can't be friggin serious? This girl isn't even a girl!! It's a guy pretending to be a girl.

DO NOT GIVE 'IT' ANY MORE PERSONAL INFORMATION - ESPECIALLY BANKING OR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION!!! Hope that's emphatic enough for ya.

Furthermore, now that he knows you're a real live person, he will dog your account with all sorts of new tricks and ways to get more personal information out of you. If I were you, I'd close ALL the accounts that it's had contact with and start all over.
Corona
Eater's sweetheart

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks are irrelevant here! Surprised

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Mike_Hunt
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Of course looks aren't important, but I am curious about how my Russian lady friend will play it. Whether "she'll" pretend to be ugly (and thus lose my interest) or if "she'll" pretend to be hot again (but then why send the fake photos?)
What do I have to lose by temporarily opening a St George bank savings account? This person won't know anything extra about me except a bank account number for an account that will never get used and will never have any money in it.
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Mike

The scam here is that they will have phished money deposited into your account, you are then supposed to send on the money by Western Union leaving you holding the can when the law start investigating where the money has gone.

There are a rules you need to be observing in order to get the most out of scambaiting

1. Do it safely

2. Do it legally

3. Dont teach scammers

4. Have fun

You have broken at least 2 of these rules allready and you are bordering on the 3rd

1. the scammers know your bank account details and therfore your address, if you piss them off too much you may have them knock on your door, these are criminals we are dealing with and they have been known to kill people they also have friends in all parts of the world including here in Australia.

2. what you would be doing is recieving stolen money, you have used your 100 points of ID to open the account so you may have trouble explaining what is going on

3. the picture you were sent may have been a good clue for a victim who may have otherwise caught on to what was going on, by telling the scammer he will simply change the picture for the next person who may not have the oportunity to pick up that problem and could end up being scammed.
We should Praise the stuff that look dodgy, not tell him how bad it looks

4. At least you are having fun but more fun is there to be had by following the rules and learning the ropes

The St George account seems to be the latest trend at the moment for the Russians to scam Aussies, I am in the middle of one of these baits at the moment but I will not be giving any personal details.

The best advice is to drop the bait immediately, read up here, get a mentor and start fresh.

Oh, nearly forgot, welcome aboard.

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
Mike_Hunt
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So that's it, like a money laundering thing. Sounds like a pretty good reason not to get an account. I thought "she" just wanted me to get a credit card so I would have more money to give her or something.
Yeah, sorry about breaking the rules, I didn't realise I was talking to a scam artist when I gave away personal information. And sorry about helping the scam artist by pointing out the picture thing, that was my bad.
So get a mentor you reckon? I've just made up a fake email account and I signed a heap of guestbooks like it says, I wasn't going to do anything elaborate (at first). Blah blah blah...
Anyway thanks for the help.
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dont be too worried about your mistakes

We all live and learn, the point is to learn from others mistakes before you make your own.

There is heaps to learn here but take it slow and you''ll be fine

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Corona
Eater's sweetheart

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry, I misunderstood you.

Welcome! Very Happy

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Mike or Mr Hunt if you prefer

I just reread your post, the credit card thing your probably right in that they will be able to phish your credit card and leave you with a debt there as well.

Mike_Hunt
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just an update on the Russian. I sent an email asking for a "real" photo of "her" holding a sign, but she didn't reply. The next day I requested it again, tried waving a little money in her face, but today "she" replied "you lose me", oh well.
So my first ever attempt at a trophy was a failure, doesn't matter. I've set up a fake email account now, and the first person was claiming to be an Australian on her death bed who.... anyway, at the moment I'm trying to get my hands on some fake Australian ID, I told her I was supsicious because her attorney's phone number is an English number (she can't talk on the phone due to her chronic illness etc), so I insisted she send me some sort of identification to prove she really is Australian, and I made sure to mention I am a wealthy cosmetic surgeon. My mate wants to get involved too, I thought he could play the role of my attorney and he can communicate to her attorney, but I'm not talking to the attorney until I get some "proof" that she really is Australian!
Anyway, all the other scammers I've gotten since yesterday have received an email about the "indigenous african literature scholarships" for $35,000. To apply for it all they have to do is to show that they have suffered significant hardships throughout their lives (by writing about it.... at first) and then submit a short work of fiction between 1000 and 5000 words. I'm hoping to get a bite soon. But then of course I will need proof of identity, that they are between the ages of 15 and 25, and then I will ask for proof of whatever hardships that they claim they have been through, and then.... I'll think of something.
Wish me luck with my new hobby.
rothery86
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In Mike's defense, I have previously downloaded a pack of pics from NextDoorNikki.com and they did look pretty amateurish and realistic. This did not detract from their awesomeness, though.
Excalibur
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Mike!

Just a warning though, I may have misunderstood your post, but never give out fake identification, scammers can and will use them against victims who may not figure it out. If you receive fake ID post it (with 'fake' written all over it) so that victims can hopefully recognize it before it's to late, or you could probably send it to a mod, they always love to help. Oh, and read the stickies before you do anything else, they will teach you almost everything you need to know (mentors are for everything else).

" It sounds like you practice oral sex in the office with your secretary like your ex-president." and " I am beginning to see why you were so dumb to be scammed in the first place." -My dear D4v1d L4wr3nc3
"LOVE YOU AP0LL0 FROM THE BOARD OF MY HEART." S4ny4
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic