SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Supermarket email modalities

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
troglodite
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

According to a new story in The Register (link), Supervalu supermarket chain changed payment bank accounts.

They received emails informing them that the supplier accounts had changed, and would they please update their records? $10M later, they realized that something was amiss.

One would have thought that confirmation would have been a normal part of policy.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow Shocked

Quote:
Between Feb. 28 and March3, Kilgroff�s filing said, Supervalu deposited more than $6.5million via multiple wire transfers to an HSBC Holdings PLC account listed in the fake American Greetings message.

And on March 2, Supervalu said it made eight separate wire transfers totaling $3.6 million to First Security Bank in Rogers, Ark., as requested in the second e-mail.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ROFL. Thats so wrong on so many levels.

I dont know much about banking, but the scammers were completely stupid.

So were the store(s)

IN this day and age financial changes SHOULD NEVER be done via email, you want HARD copy in hand of the dude who is the REP.

Quote:
A long time ago a criminal gang did something a bit simpler, but made more money. They sent there own rep in, but they didnt steal all the money, they took the interest from the money, no one noticed for over 2 years when the gang had left over 587 pounds 10 shillings in the account which was essentially getting the money in, waiting till the last minute of the month and sending it back out. Its more than the 10m because this gang kept the money, Neither company nor supplier wanted bad publicity especially during a war. It was a new clerk who was the gangs downfall, he wrote the wrong details and went round to the company to get the correct details, at which point what had happened became clear. During the great war it was common for reps to be enlisted etc, so the gang easily sent in there own guy.
587 pounds was a lot of money then the average yearly wage was 80 pounds in 1917. The gang didnt get the remaining 587 however, they were killed in action.

You cant do that these days banks dont pay interest monthly anymore, and there isnt a convienient war to kill of the regular mr smith.

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic