SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

California Burning.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Up to half a million evacuated. 1000 homes gone. Winds to 70 to 80 MPH. Humidities at 8 %. Not good. I have been through 2 wild fires, and you hit the ground running! Grab your wife and animals! Go. Like snapping tree branches, do not look back. Drive like a Mother Furl! I grew up in NorCal, and saw some wild stuff in the Oakland Hills. Carson had a 8100 acre fire 2 years ago. Charred wood was flying onto the house. Hose the roof, then Fly like a Falcon! Again, hit the Afterburners, and acelerate my friends!
http://rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/gallery/?2007295-1022/California.A2007295.2100.1km.jpg SoCal fires these are.

I went to bank. they call police, why you do this to me? I canntsend you anything now.
Goat dog
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

They asked one man what he would take first in a catastrophic wild fire. He said his guns, so he could keep "onna a huntin". I just threw up, again. I uh, well, it's redneckville. I have to barf again. Hope you's un alein'
doggies is a gonna be all OK and stuff like dat fer porkypine a treein", Billy Jack Bob Warren. Gess your all wifes is awn her own. Don't you be forgettin' dat dere fishin' boat Cowboy. Good God. I still want to move back to California.

I went to bank. they call police, why you do this to me? I canntsend you anything now.
Goat dog
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A tear-jerking account of the October 2003 fires: LONG LINKY
scroll down to story 566-569

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Ari
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you've got friends or family in Cali, you may be able to find them here: https://disastersafe.redcross.org/
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Speaking of the fires, 90% of my tropical fish died yesterday (including one I had for over three years). I blamed the smoke and ash in the air but really I think I was because I accidentally unplugged the air bubbles.

I was unplugged for about 16 hours. I don�t think that is long enough to kill all but two of my fish. Does anyone know for sure if this would be enough to kill them? The temp that day was 101 F and I wasn�t home to kick on the AC. The tank temp was 82 when my wife found them dead. Normal is 78. It is also a small tank, 13 gallons I think.

Sorry if this is off topic but I had no idea how else to bring this up.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's when these fires start and it's sadder when some idiot lights one on purpose. (on purpose is defined loosely as it can be mischief or some nut trying to cook his dinner down to a smoker dropping a butt.)
Heard the police shot and killed one today.

I don't think people should put themselves in danger to save property. We have insurance companies to rebuild for you afterwards. That is of course if you read all the fine print and understood it.

Ghost - the bubbles in the water do nothing but look good. I don't know what killed the fish but a 4 deg rise in water temp and pollutants in the air might have combined to cause your trouble.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

After I donated to the San Diego Red Cross following the 2003 fires I got on their mailing list. This arrived today from them and I thought people might be interested.
NOT A SCAM - DO NOT BAIT
Quote:
Wildfire Relief 2007 - Come Together San Diego

The San Diego/Imperial Counties Chapter of the American Red Cross invites you to support Wildfire Relief 2007, a fundraising benefit hosted by 10News & Azteca America San Diego 15 today, Thursday, October 25th, 2007.

Please call into the Channel 10 phone bank today at 619-237-6309 from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. to make your donation. If lines are busy, contact the phone bank in the KPBS studios from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. at 619-265-0163 or 1-888-261-9910.

The donations collected will help the American Red Cross respond to those in need as they begin recovering from the devastating fires. Be assured, your contribution will benefit those affected by the California wildfires in San Diego and Southern California.

The American Red Cross would like to thank our community partners 10News & Azteca America San Diego 15, as well as KSON, KPBS and 104.5 FM Radio Latina. In addition, we would like to thank our local volunteers who will be answering calls in English and Spanish throughout the day.

It's been a long week for us here at the Red Cross. But for the many families who suffered personal loss, the length of this tragedy is just beginning. Our hearts go out to those who are affected. With the help of the community, we will pull all our forces together to work towards the smoothest possible recovery.

For the most up-to-date information about our shelters and client services, or to make a secure online donation, please visit our website at www.sdarc.org.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the most up-to-date information about our shelters and client services, or to make a secure online donation, please visit our website at www.sdarc.org.

Sign up to receive our monthly newsletter with exciting updates from the American Red Cross: www.sdarc.org/newsletter

Our Vision: To become America's most prepared community

All American Red Cross disaster assistance is free, made possible by voluntary donations of time and money from the American people. You can help the victims of thousands of disasters across the country each year, disasters like the San Diego Wildfires, by making a financial gift to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund, which enables the Red Cross to provide shelter, food, counseling and other assistance to victims of disaster. The American Red Cross honors donor intent. If you wish to designate your donation to a specific disaster please do so at the time of your donation. Call 1-800-REDCROSS or 1-800-257-7575 (Spanish). Contributions to the Disaster Relief Fund may be sent to your local American Red Cross chapter or to the American Red Cross, P. O. Box 37243, Washington, DC 20013. Internet users can make a secure online contribution by visiting www.redcross.org.

3950 Calle Fortunada + San Diego + CA + 92123 + Phone:858.309.1200 + Fax: 858.309.1283 + Email: [email protected] (mailto:[email protected])

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Logar
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ghost: you have a PM.

Kills: United States x2 United Kingdom x2 Netherlands x3 Spain
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Closed lad accounts x142
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My area seems to be clearing up a bit. It wasn't so windy today. Also speaking of So Cal, I did make it to Knott's Halloween Haunt aka Knott's Scary Farm Sunday night. It was kind of stupid this year.

The fire was bad Sunday and I thought the 101 and the 5 freeway would be backed up but traffic was surprisingly light. Made it there in under two hours. I thought my oldest son was getting a little old for that place (I mean to go with mom and dad) but it gave him nightmares so I guess not.

@harrya
Yes, I was told the bubbles was just for looks but I didn't know what else it could be. Logar explained some things. I think I added too many new fish at once. This plus I just moved the old fish to a new smaller tank. I knew someone here would have the answer. Who needs google when I have all of you Smile

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic