SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

iPhones, reviews?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's all the rage at Angel's work, yet nobody has one yet. The cost is repulsive to me. Anybody out there write a review for me? I've found mixed messages everywhere, and I dig deep. All I want, is a phone I can say, "Hello, how are you"? me myself. And I've already got one of those. Corporate ### er's. Imagine the amount of Vicodin you could buy for that much money!

I went to bank. they call police, why you do this to me? I canntsend you anything now.
Goat dog
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Bar far it is the coolest phone I have ever owned and I say this even though I bought it before the price dropped two bills. It does a lot and it is simple to use.

The camera is okay but no flash or video. The Internet is very nice since is just that, the internet. The youtube feature is cool as well. The voice mail is different because it is like an answering machine built into your phone. There is no dialing in. I haven't used the Ipod on it so I don't know how that works and well, you can't beat the touch screen.

It is well worth $400.00 and I paid $700.00 for the 8 GB (including case and car charger) less than two weeks before the price dropped.

Why does everyone here take vicodin? My co pay is only 10 bucks and my Dr writes them for a 100 at a time. Vicoprofen though not vicodin. To be honest I haven't taken much lately and I feel much better really. I have managed to stock up however just in case so no r8 you can't have the extra three bottles (actually 2.8 not quite 3) I just have lying around.

Edit: I think the 4 GB IPhone is only $300.00 and that is not much more then any of the new regular phones. My wife paid 250 (with a 100 rebate so 150) for the Blackjack back in May and that phone seems like a toy to me.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
michael bolton
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've had mine since it first came out. I absolutely love it and wonder how i ever got along without it.
It will automatically check all of my various and sundry emails and let me know when something shows up in my inbox.
The internet is really handy to have while driving, because, you know, someone might update a thread somewhere during my commute. Smile

I'm not fond of the camera. It's 2 megapixel, but there is no zoom.
Also, there is no video recording.

There's no flash player, but i can play quicktime.

The youtube feature is deceptive, because it doesnt play the entire youtube library. only the ones that have been recoded to be compatible.

I like the little features, such as world clocks (gotta know what time it is in Lagos so I can wake my lad up at two am)

The whole "you gotta send in the phone to change the battery" thing is a bit annoying though.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with it at $600, and would be even more so at $400.

Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just a pity that in the UK this phone is locked to a crappy provider.

----------------------------------
Shiver's scammer trophies.
----------------------------------
michael bolton
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It is here in the states, too.

Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, the no zoom on the camera kind of sucks. The one touch whether is cool especially since you can set it to several different locations. I don't know if the one touch stock feature is cool because I don't know what that stuff means.

The day planner is very easy to use and being able to set several alarms and tell it which days to go off and which days not to helps as well. There is even a note feature which I use for making lists for the store or whatever.

The long battery life is a definite plus. I charge my phone about every two to three days and I use blue tooth with my car's U connect all the time.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

shiver wrote:
Just a pity that in the UK this phone is locked to a crappy provider.

Who's the provider?

The Mrs wants one of these things for Xmas, but she only got a brand new all singing and dancing Nokia on an O2 contract upgrade 3 months ago. I don't see the point in swapping to an iPhone as a) She already has an iPod, and b) She has her current phone on O2 contract, and c) her Nokia camera in the phone is one of the best going.

I want to spend the (not inconsiderable) price on an SLR camera for her instead as she is an aspiring photographer who wants to update her Canon Eos wet film model to a digital model.

Considering the rip-off UK price of an iPhone, should I really bother considering one?

Or do I just put the money towards a nice camera?

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's not just a pity that in the UK it's locked to a crappy provider, it's not 3G capable either. As soon as it's 3G and Orange sell them, then I'll buy.
@mugatu, if your wifes got an N95 then I'd stick with that as it's a better phone.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here in the States the iPhone is only for AT&T customers, though some 17 year old hacked it and opened it up for use on T-Mobile's network. They can apparently be used for overseas carriers with the hack.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20424880/

I believe it is only a matter of time before there will be a market full of hacked iPhones.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Rodus: Yes, she has a N95.

Thanks for your views.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

But, according to what I've read, the latest update from Apple caused hacked iPhones to lock-up.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Rover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was going to get an iPhone however based on two facts I decided to go with the new Palm Centro

1: iPhone in the U.S.A uses At&T's Edge network not the 3G (Edge is about 30% slower than 3G) and

2: In my offices (where I spend most of my time) AT&T's coverage is crappy at best.

I stayed with Sprint and got the new Centro. So far (apart from the not so hot battery life) the Centro is one helluva phone. It does not have the multi touch that iPhone has but TV, World time, notes mail, gmail, contacts, 3G internet, AIM/Yahoo/MSN Messanger, and music (just to mention a few) features are all great. The Centro is the new Treo basically, the Palm software is nice and fast too.

Palm Centro Review

Latest Anti Fraud News | Email Header Analysis | Help keep Eater running | Join 419Eater on Facebook Easter 2015
Argh
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"The iPhone is a piece of shit, and
so is your face."

That's a pretty good review, I thought.
Rover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ That is the best review Ive read in ages! Laughing Brilliant!

Latest Anti Fraud News | Email Header Analysis | Help keep Eater running | Join 419Eater on Facebook Easter 2015
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@thud419, yeah the latest upgrade did lock up the hacked phones, but now that lockup seems to have been hacked. It seems to be a case of cat and mouse at the moment but I would bet that we'll be seeing unlocked iPhones being officially released when they bring out a rev B. It makes no financial sense to tie the phone into one network provider in the UK and US (it has to be sold unlocked in France under their laws) so it now just a case of waiting.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rodus Longus wrote:
... It makes no financial sense to tie the phone into one network provider ...

Unless, of course, the whole thing is just a marketing gag to draw attention to the article and to get people who otherwise might not have bought one to get a 'cracked' one, thinking they have something they're not supposed to have.

My vote's on the gag.
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They are cool looking and they play music pretty well. They take so-so photos, but so does a mugu with a $100 camera. Typing is not for someone with fat fingers. But the number one complaint I have is that the voice quality sucks. I'm not sure if its the AT&T thing or the phone itself, but its bad. Who knows what a bluetooth headset will do to the call quality but as is, I've heard better phone calls from my mugus calling from Lagos on their Nokias.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a friend with the iPhone. The interface is spectacular, I really like it. My problem is in business I am tied to PC's. The iPhone and PC do not get along too well. My blackberry is a much better e-mail device and phone. If I want other functions (music) I can get an MP3 player. The berry will get the net, not as good as the iPhone, but what do you want from your phone? If I need real net, I can tether the berry to the laptop and get full featured net on the laptop.

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic