SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Cheap beer

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I saw this posted on another site, the Asda store have made a mistake with their beer pricing Very Happy:

Quote:
Asda online have messed up there prices on there heiniken beer, it should be �10 per crate of 20 x 330ml and its been priced at 10p

Yes, only 10p for 20 x 330ml bottles

Just tried it and you can only buy 24 crates, that's only �2.40 for 540 bottles, it works out at 1.5p per litre.

You have to spend �25 for them to deliver it to your door but what a good way of getting all the heavy stuf delivered to the door (getting lots of brownie points) and your cheap beer

So ill wait for the influx of crates of beer that you will all give me Very Happy

A piece of advice that is well worth 10p.

ASDA ARE ONLY HONOURING THIS TILL MIDNIGHT TONIGHT SO HURRRY

Not sure if they are honouring it, might be worth a try if you have an Asda account, they can only say no, huh.

Scroll down for Heineken on the list:

Asda Store Price List

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery

Last edited by Scam Patroller on Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

order in and accepted,but had to buy some wine aswell to make the order
up.

you wont be seeing much of me after sat

cheers SP

Razz Razz

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Remmy, I saw another post where someone quoted the terms and conditions on the Asda site:

Quote:
Have just ordered 24 cases and then read the terms and conditions....

3.1 Prices on the Site are the prices charged in store on that day and as the store prices change we update the Site overnight. They are therefore a guide only. There may be some slight variations by the time We are due to deliver Your order. When You shop on the Site You will pay the same price that you would pay if you came to Our Store (excluding promotions) to do your shopping on the day of delivery. If you are unhappy with the price of any products once Your order is delivered please let us know and we can arrange a refund. You can either tell our driver when he makes the delivery or contact us within 7 working days after the day of delivery.

I suppose worst case is that 24 cases turn up with a bill for �240 and I refuse to accept delivery.

Another person in reply to that, said:

Quote:
If that is the case, you can cancel your order right up to 5pm on the day before delivery, so hopefuly nothing lost

Apparently, someone said they were honouring the mistake until midnight last night, but that conflicts with the terms of service doesn't it, so Confused

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

the bottled beer in no longer listed on there now!!!!

so maybe they will honour it,if they dont they can shove their order

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Death man walking.
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ SP - Legally speaking you have only "purchased" the goods when they accept your offer.

Any advertised price is merely an 'invitation to treat', this means that the price isn't actually an offer (to create a binding contract) but merely to invite you to make an offer (usually based on the price). At any time a store can say "sorry mate, we've made a mistake with that price board, it's actually $xxx.xx" and you can choose to accept that new offer or not.

However, I would say you have a good argument to suggest that if the money you paid to them went into their bank account and left your bank account then they have accepted the offer to proposed to them (even if it was only their online software doing it for them).

So what I'm saying is that they may have no choice but to give you cheap grog Wink

Party hard! beers!

United Kingdom x36 Malaysia x6 European Union x2 United States x10 Italy x5 x4 Benin x6 Netherlands x8 Russia x2 Indonesia x2 Nigeria x11 x3 Gambia Canada x3 Spain x13 Hong Kong Gibraltar Germany x3 Cayman Islands Japan x2 Belgium x3 United Nations x3 Flag Monaco x2 Austria Ivory Coast x4 x2 Ireland Bahamas, The x2 Portugal x2 Switzerland x4 x3 Ghana x3 Sweden France x2 Serbia and Montenegro x2 China x2 Togo x2 Ukraine x2 South Africa Somolia
Golden Pith 1k3: West African Tour
Safari Ben: Lagos (Nigeria) - Accra (Ghana)
Mortar x10
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ASDA just announced that they will be charging the full price for any advertised items, regardless of their screw-up.

----------------------------------
Shiver's scammer trophies.
----------------------------------
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Booooo!

Evil or Very Mad

It would still make an interesting case if SP or Remmy are willing to sue them Very Happy

United Kingdom x36 Malaysia x6 European Union x2 United States x10 Italy x5 x4 Benin x6 Netherlands x8 Russia x2 Indonesia x2 Nigeria x11 x3 Gambia Canada x3 Spain x13 Hong Kong Gibraltar Germany x3 Cayman Islands Japan x2 Belgium x3 United Nations x3 Flag Monaco x2 Austria Ivory Coast x4 x2 Ireland Bahamas, The x2 Portugal x2 Switzerland x4 x3 Ghana x3 Sweden France x2 Serbia and Montenegro x2 China x2 Togo x2 Ukraine x2 South Africa Somolia
Mortar x10
remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

my response to asda's e mail telling me they have cancelled my order

Quote:
evening
my order number is **********.
this order was for 6 bottles of wine plus 24 cases of 20(330ml) heineken beer which was priced at 10p a case on your website.
i entered a contract to purchase these products and now you are revoking on this contract as you have informed me that the price was incorrect on your web site due to a human error.
this i feel contradicts the consumer price act 1987
see here http://www.dti.gov.uk/consumers/fact-sheets/page38133.html

i hope you will not renege on our contract. i will be sharing this information with various news agencies and will be seeking further legal advice.

regards

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Death man walking.
michael bolton
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You gotta make sure that you get the beer in the end, because I have ten bucks on you.

remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^

i will try my bloody hardest friend to get my beer

they can keep the wine

Wink

Death man walking.
Hekate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No money leaves your account until after Asda deliver the goods, and you sign for them. That's why they have the get-out clause that the price might change between ordering and paying. If they change the price, you can refuse to take delivery, and they can only charge you for the goods you accept. In practice, it's never happened to me (I get them to deliver my shopping for me every month!) but I suspect in this case they'll charge you whatever the 'real' price should have been. Crying or Very sad

We have on our programms according to the lay down rules to pay the Asians mostly the indians and malasians now and after that it may change. Rev. James Ucheomma

do you really think that i am just a stupid man like you,listen for the veru last time if i did'nt see XXXX after 24 hours you will heat your self.. [love scammer Chucks]

IT'S NOT I LOOKING FOR WORK.GOD FORBID.I CAN BE IN AN OCEAN AND WASH MY HEAD WITH MY SPIT. THANKS AND GOD BLESS.
MARK DOUGLAS.

United Kingdom France 2 x Netherlands
Cellphone
Safari See SP's Irish Safari!
Mortar x14
Golden Pith

kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

remmy223 wrote:
... they can keep the wine ...

I believe that w(h)ine is all that will come of this.
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Unfortunately Remmy it looks like you may not have a leg to stand on. While the Act you referred to makes it an offence to post a misleading price indication it does not make it an offence to negligently post the wrong price. If we were talking about this being seen from the point of view of a court they would probably surmise that it was not misleading as a reasonable man in the position of the purchaser would have realised that the price was far too low to be correct and thus were not mislead but rather sought to take advantage of what seemed like an obvious error.

But hey, let us know how you get on! I suggest they'll gladly meet your bluff of seeking legal counsel as they have vast resources and would probably defend it out of principle (to stop everyone else doing the same as you). That said, chances are they'll just ignore you.

I'd love to know their response though. Thanks for posting your email! Smile

Mortar x10
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic