SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Trees down.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was doing some yard work out back on a very windy day. "Crack"! Afterburners, full throttle! Do not lookup, RUN! Neighbors shed. Flat. Fence, reduced to splinters. Vicodin and Lorazepam, ingested. Wind is screaming tonight as well. If you hear it snap, bolt. Don't stop. A little Tahoe advice. I've almost been mowed down by 3 or 4 trees. If you hear a "Snap", go like a Banshee on Amphetamines!

I went to bank. they call police, why you do this to me? I canntsend you anything now.
Goat dog
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I empathize

I don't have any fences that can come down, but hearing a tree snap in the woods in the dark of night, can be very scary indeed.

Good thing is that I have loads of firewood Laughing

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had one large tree break off during a wild storm. Missed my camping tent by 10 feet. That will get your attention. The trunk left a deep divot. I'd rather deal with Bears. Now, we have a "Widow Maker" still stuck in the tree out back. Not good.

I went to bank. they call police, why you do this to me? I canntsend you anything now.
Goat dog
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We've got your wind now Joe, Thanks!

Glad you dodged the tree. Shocked

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

widowmaker? Shocked

Glad you're ok, Joe! Shocked

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
Frederick Fokker
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

in the Kirill storm earlier this year, while driving out of the farm, i passed the gate and heard a big crash behing me, and thought that a friend who was followying me in his car had crashed against the gate pilar or something, so i looked on the reaview mirror and...no gate...no friend...just a huge tree in between my car and my friends car exactly where the gate used to be...missed us both by a wisker Shocked took almost a day to remove from there.

glad youre ok.
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We had a tornado here in 2000, F5 (highest wind rating in the US).... amazing how large of a tree winds in excess of 218MPH can take down. Destroyed a small forest preserve near my home. I cannot imagine what one of those trees hitting a home would have done.

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We had a few come down last night. No idea where yet as I could only hear them coming down in the middle of the night. I'll take a walk soon to see where it happened.

Good thing is that I only have Redwoods around the house and they never come down.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
widowmaker. Any limb, top, leaning tree, or other material in the forest that is in danger of falling to the ground without warning, creating a safety hazard. Often applied to limbs that get lodged in the crowns of other trees during a logging operation.

Goat dog
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wonderful news! Very Happy

Just a few downed Oaks..........but while walking around, I found my first 5 Porcinis of the season Laughing

star star

Frederick Fokker:
Dec 11, 2007

Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Is porcinis a flower that we use at x-mas?

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nooooooo.....it's a delicious wild mushroom also known as Boletus Edulis

http://theforagerpress.com/fieldguide/septfd.htm

star star

Frederick Fokker:
Dec 11, 2007

JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And I thought we were talking Porcupines! For Christmas, I usually try a batch of Psylocybin, uh, nevermind. Wow, a blue vibrating telephone walking across the room! Be back tomorrow. Bye!

Goat dog
Mr. Green
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe 6-7 years ago I had a tree crash through the roof into my bathroom. It was during a big storm at night and I somehow managed to sleep through the whole thing! I woke up around 5:00am (with a need to visit said room) and found a tangle of branches filling the space. I then found I couldn�t open the front door since that was blocked by even bigger branches. Eventually, it took a couple hours of ax work to cut me out! It was a big tree.

EDIT: No, I was asleep during the storm not passed out...
Mike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

lotta wrote:
Nooooooo.....it's a delicious wild mushroom also known as Boletus Edulis

You get those in the States too? I remember them well from Newlands forest in Cape Town.

Wright B Hindyou
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nature can be very scary - I sat (maybe cringed would be a better word) through Cyclone Larry, which would have made global headline news as the most powerful storm ever recorded, if it had happened in an important country.

Many livelihoods were destroyed and people I saw, who went through the middle of it, still wear a shocked look, 18 months after the event.

"bastard like you, I will kill you with my hand, son of nobody. May your soul rust in help." - Titi Andrew

"I trusted you very much without knowing that you are a drug addit person" - Emma Bambara

"THIS YOUR BEHAVIOR IS IRELEVANT AND CROSPOLOS CARACTER" - Madam Clarrise Keita.

"you must speak beter because we dont train mad people in this company." - Incredible Self-Baiting Pastor Joe
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow. Sorry Wright. Sounds quite fearful. I watched a tree rip out once, severing natural gas lines and smashing my neighbors roof. That was attention getting. Carpenter Ants had chewed out the base of the tree. I had a friend that did tree work, and the same thing happened to him, 30 feet up. Unfortunately, he rode it down, and it landed on him, chainsaw blazing. We had to drag him to the loo on a blanket, once he got out out of the Hospital. We stole his TV remote, and forced him to watch American Football. Twisted Evil He's got more Cobalt Titanium in his body than I do. Cool

Goat dog
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic