SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

How does this one work?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
thomas-the-tank
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

When I first started to get these, I thought that they were just what they purported to be - loansharks. However, this one raised a couple of red flags. The style seemed vaguely familiar, and the use of "Sir." was a giveaway. The IP is Nigeria, (surprise, surprise) and so my baiter character has written asking for a loan. The lad may decide that Japan's not a suitable country for this operation, so I'd be interested to see if anyone else can make this work for them and find out more.

Quote:
Hello,
I am , an international business man. I am also a
private money lender, i give soft loans with a 3% interest rate to
interested borrowers.
I give out loans to the following category of people:
1. Students.
2. People with bad credit.
3. People who intend to establish businesses.
4. People who have been hit by bankruptcy.
If you are interested, you can contact me via my e-mail
address (r1chardc0llins_2 at yahoo dot com).
We will be glad to do business with you. God bless you all as you come!

Chief Executive Officer,
R1chc0ll1ns Loans International!

I do appreciate being blessed as I come, though!

There isn't a need to both mask the name and obfuscate it within the mask. TS

"I have come to learn the world is pregnant."
"Besides i am on a GLOBAL ASSIGNMENT WITH THE UN, so be reasonable and leave insults"
"suck your blood untill you resemble stockfish"

United Kingdom x 3 x 2 Ivory Coast Australia x 2 Benin
Safari Wole A x 4!! :
pony pony pony pony Goat <= don't ask about the goat! Inventor
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Could be a straight-forward fake check scam- victim receives the loan, deposits it, and then wires back the 3% interest.

Could also just milk the victim dry with processing fees and what not- which wouldn't work that well for someone who is destitute to begin with.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oooh I think I know this one! Well OK I don't know for sure, but I've baited a couple, and they seem to work in two different ways.

Option A: There obviously is no loan, but you'll be asked to pay application fees or some other fictitious charge. Naturally, the payment will have to be made by WUXfer. The mugu uses the available credit instead of the trunk box full of dollars as the lure, but otherwise it's the same old 419/NOK/Lotto thing we've all seen before.

Option B: I don't know what the hell option B is, but it works something like this. You reply favourably, and the mugu tells you to fill out a form. About 24 hours later, your inbox gets absolutely bombarded with refinance-loan offers. I would guess that all of those loan offers are shady at best if not outright scams. Somebody gets paid by somebody else for publishing the info you provided, but don't ask me how. For what it's worth, I believe this style is employed more by the Russians* than the Nigerians*. As I generally only bait the old-school 419'ers and barrister-types, I know very little of this modality. Hopefully someone who does will provide a worthy explanation below!

* It is a well known fact that neither all Russians nor all Nigerians are fraud artists. It is also well known that not all fraud artists are Russian or Nigerian. The fact that a staggering number of scams originate from certain regions of the world on a regular basis is also a well known fact, so I won't apologize.
William Wankur
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You will be approved.

Your loan can be delivered in several ways.

Bank Wire Transfer
Check
Western Union

There will be a small fee associated with each option. Probably $3-5000 payable by....... wait for it.......... Western Union

"Why are you making me feel stupid?" - Mike Tutu

$5 Million in fake checks and counting!
thedevguy67

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a loan lad. These guys are fun to bait. He will ask you a couple of questions and then calculate the "terms" (more often than not the numbers don't add up Laughing) That is a good time to pepper him with questions, change the amount, length of loan etc.

He will then ask for an insurance fee or something like that. They get really really high presure, type in caps, make demands. Many who did not twig on me basically turned into beggar lads. One time a baiter had a loan lad down to begging for like $20. Great source of siggy material

I have a sex dull that will f*ck you till dead - Stanley Lee
You are dirty and castrated Goat - CC Jones
Go f*ck yourself because I know your mum is sucking Satan's penis - Peggy Paiser
You must be high on your mother's frozen menstruation! - Victor Evans

Jolly Roger Safari United States United States United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Ghana Nigeria Togo South Africa
Mortar x12 Golden Pig Closed lad accounts X 2525 X 100s
thomas-the-tank
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

He came back pretty fast. I was offered a choice of two delivery methods for my funds:
Quote:
Diplomatic Courier Delivery Service.�
Electronic Bank Transfer.��

I chose the second, of course (uncharted territory for me) to see where this leads. I'm asking for about half a million yen for the Venerable [baiter name] to repay his gambling debts, over a period of 12 months, from a monthly salary of 120,000 yen.

I was most heartened to read that these people are:
Quote:
here to serve the world we wolud meet you at your door step.It does not matter where you from or you live,we give loans to people in your counrty and aisains.

Soemoen's got dylsexia, I thnik.

"Besides i am on a GLOBAL ASSIGNMENT WITH THE UN, so be reasonable and leave insults"

Safari Wole A x 4!! :
thedevguy67

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing Wait until he gets off script. Laughing

Go f*ck yourself because I know your mum is sucking Satan's penis - Peggy Paiser

Jolly Roger Safari United States United States United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Ghana Nigeria Togo South Africa
LaBrea
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Quote:
Diplomatic Courier Delivery Service.
Electronic Bank Transfer.

Now, I would have taken option #2, and demanded to see the Diplomatic ID that every good courier carries
Laughing

"Sir I sworn an oath as a legal luminary to defend your cause in all ramification from the armpit of the law" - Barr. W4k4r4 Iss4c
pony pony pony Mortar x6 Closed lad accounts x25
Click here to help your lad miss his scam quota
thomas-the-tank
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The noble knight has replied:
Quote:
How are you today? I guess fine? I am in receipt of your application form and your bank informations, but you did not state your bank account number. Please send your bank account number, so that, we can send the money from our bank directly into your bank account.

Fair enough question, but later in the message he quotes my reply to him:
Quote:
Bank Name Sanma Bank
Account number 6362089

So I've sent a message back to , asking what he's playing at.

Safari Wole A x 4!! :
thedevguy67

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Thomas --- hit him with a few questions. Loan lads hate it, and their answers are usually funny. Perhaps you have a few questions about amoratization, interest only payments, adjustable rates, possible 125% REFI. Laughing

Here is a loan bait I ran a while back http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=120722

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic