SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

possible virus type email

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mrsandman
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, I've just received a questionable hallmark e-card Shocked

Actually, when you click the link that says <click here to download your e-card> it contains a link to an exe file, which is most likely to contain a trojan, virus or the like.

Nothing really to do, but the IP if anyone is interested and can do anything about it is:

http://81.31. 17.129/~test /card. exe

Without the spaces.

If this is genuine, then I'm sorry, but it looks questionable at best to me
Akai Ryu
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is well know, I get this every day, basically click on the link, and then click on something else and it is bad news. The fact that it is an executable file is red flag enough, read on here for more about this e-card email that is going around:

http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/postcard.asp

Of particular interest is the fact that a lot of these links lead to websites that host a type of the Storm Trojan, you know, one that allows the computer (generally only Windows without the latest security patches are affected, but there are a lot of people out there this applies to, plus better safe than sorry) to be used in botnets as part of DDoS attacks, such as the one that is ongoing against this site and aa419, and who knows how many others.

Anyway, this would really be better of in miscellaneous scams as we do not really deal with those kinds of websites here. Still it is a good thing to bring up, and why it is important to never click on strange links or open attachments in emails if you are unsure or suspicious of them. [/quote]

aa419.org --dead a fake site today.

No, Akai, you're a wonderful bitch. --Reaper
mrsandman
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Definately, I couldn't decide where to post it, so went for the most "websity" section i could find

With the recent attacks I thought it best to tell as many people as I could, these guys have got enough zombies in their network as it is !
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic