SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Thought to get some check mule scammers busted....

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mike hunter
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, not the scammers, but their partners in the US / Canada.

I have noticed that allot of the deliveries of fake checks are sent by fedex or UPS. Most of them are charged on a UPS or FedEx account. I suspect that these accounts are being 'borrowed' by employees of the account holders. The main scammer is in W. Africa... and he has a partner who is here in the US printing and sending out checks using the company account. They prolly do not notice a few extra fedex charges on the bill so the employee is never caught.

My plan is this. If one of us discovers a check muler we do mass baits. To respond to all the baits, they fedex out tons of checks... the fedex bill goes sky high for a month or two and the partner in the US gets fired by his legit employer and perhaps arrested for embezzlement.

Thoughts?

onyenekwu
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have used Customer accounts with fedex to send goods to them, I dont seriously think that these checks are sent out by employees using company account, what is required to send a parcel or shipment is just providing a number with a matching name.
So a desk person with any of these courier companies that can just randomly pick and use any name that catches his/her fancy.

though some of these scammers have the IQ of a door knob, you cant rule out any possiblities.
Herb Sewell
419Eater is my life

Location: Atascadero State Hospital for the Criminally Insane

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

They're doing something right. I have a million in checks that look absolutely perfect. They seem to really go all out on the Money Orders, too. Still, they manage to get the printed dollar amount wrong from time to time. LOL
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If it is a mule here in the US they are probably using account details provided by the lad. The lad stole them from somewhere. If it is a partner of the lad here in the US you can guarantee that it is a stole account.

*IF* you can track down the person in the US that is sending the checks, then you have a good chance to get an arrest and maybe move up the chain. I stress the *IF* part.

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
guymannemisis
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had a scammer trying to take my company for over $20K using a very famous sunglass manufacturer's shipping account - can we say 0akl3y? I notified the risk management dept of said company that someone in his shipping dept wasn't on the up and up - never heard back from them...
If you do get a check scammer to send out masses of bogus checks you have to take into consideration that yes, it does cost the scammer money to produce the checks but then again you are involving an innocent third party (namely the real shipping account holder) and costing them money also. It's a catch 22 IMHO.
Philo Kvetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ The Man

Low and behold an employment scam answered today and told me to contact his customer to remit $102,700. The customer has answered - IP is in my city...

Click here to support 419Eater.com
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@philo:

Oh, life could get interesting if you can get LEO's interested! Good luck!

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Mortar x8
Philo Kvetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ my admin's husband is a detective Twisted Evil

The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ Always good to have an in Smile I can't wait to see you put a shield in your siggy line Very Happy

Mortar x8
mike hunter
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

guymannemisis wrote:

If you do get a check scammer to send out masses of bogus checks you have to take into consideration that yes, it does cost the scammer money to produce the checks but then again you are involving an innocent third party (namely the real shipping account holder) and costing them money also. It's a catch 22 IMHO.

The innocent 3rd party is already involved... this would just make the involvement a bit more obvious to that person.

SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

mike hunter wrote:
I suspect that these accounts are being 'borrowed' by employees of the account holders.

Not to rain on anyone's parade, I seriously doubt that these cheques are being sent out by US/ Canadian scammers using their legit job's Fedex/UPS account. It just doesn't make sense for a scammer to do something like that, especially when they can simply hijack a UPS or Fedex account that cannot be traced back to them. As onyenekwu pointed out, it is very easy to send a package using some else's account, so why would a scammer, living in a country where they may well get arrested if caught, do something so easy to trace?

As The Man said, if the cheques are coming from a mule (highly likely), they are using a stolen account provided by the lad; if they come from a lad, it's a nearly 100% certainty that the account used is stolen.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
create
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Couple of things....

First scenario.. I was baiting a check scammer a bit back.He changed tack and instead of asking me to cash checks for him..he told me that "as part of my job" I would have to buy a good quality printer and print out checks using a program he sent me (not tempted to downloan his program Wink)
I was then to send out checks to his "employees"(victims)

second scenario... I had a check lad send me 20 pre addressed envelopes.
My job was to send them by DHL.I would be reimbursed for delivery.

Thing is...scammers can scam people into being an unwitting criminal so be carefull of who you are going for
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Create:

Yes they do.... but in law enforcement you often start at the bottom and roll your way up an organization. In the drug trade you arrest a street level dealer who rolls on his supplier to get a better deal, who rolls on his supplier to get a better deal etc.

If the person sending the checks is an innocent victim (a) they need to know so they stop and (b) who knows what information they may have that might lead up the chain to an actual lad.

Mortar x8
pwwbear
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

recieved my fake money orders via good old Canada Post.

they had a US return address and a DeutschePost "Filiale" postage sticker on it. Luftpost sticker as well.

TRY AND PUT THIS ARTICLE OF MINE ON U'R 419EATERS CLUB...TELL U'R SITE FRIENDS THAT I GOT U N THEM IN A STREET OF GAME FIGHT...I AM WAITING FOR YOU GUYS TO DO WHAT U THINK U WANT TO DO TO ME - rev. botchway
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The accounts are likely stolen. I know that UPS has investigated some cases of fraudulent account use and got the US postal inspector involved because they learned the packages contained forged checks.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic