SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I'd like to dabble in love baiting...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Big Daddy
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What do I need to get started... I already know about a separate gmail address under an assumed name, etc... But I'd like to get into this...

Big Daddy

PRS Girly Girl
Will Post for Food

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Post a personal profile on one or more of the dating or penpal sites. Make your profile just odd or disgusting enough to scare off a real person (i.e., a non-scammer). The scammers do not read the profiles and usually respond to any of the new ones. Create a short backstory for your profile character. This makes the first few e-mail exchanges much easier. You do not need an elaborate story or history. Be creative and have some fun, but do not go overboard with being weird or strange. Vlads tend to move quickly and within 3-4 e-mails the money request often shows up. Lads move much slower and a lot of patience is need with them.

This thread lists a number of possible dating and penpal sites. http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=121539

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

Mortar x3
Pith Helmet Banjul, The Gambia to Dakar, Senegal and back. 0usman C4mar4
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You'll also need a perverted sense of humour and a fruit fetish Laughing

What kind of romance scammer are you looking for in particular?

Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

wayne wrote:
You'll also need a perverted sense of humour and a fruit fetish Laughing

What kind of romance scammer are you looking for in particular?

Oh I already have a very perverted sense of humor... As for the romance scammer... Someone African...

Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Aren't African romance scammers about as common as Russian 419 scammers? Confused

I've heard of one or two.... but no more.

Good luck on your quest for fibre laden fruity fotos! Wink

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
wayne

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mugatu wrote:
Aren't African romance scammers about as common as Russian 419 scammers? Confused

I've heard of one or two.... but no more.

You're kidding me right??? 2/3 of the ones on dotsilver are Nigerian, even if they *claim* to be somewhere else. Just check out the signs. Going from the email addresses and pictures I found these in the latest dotsilver page without even looking at the profiles.

http://www.dotsilver.com/dating-scam/2007-september/8829.html

http://www.dotsilver.com/dating-scam/2007-september/8830.html

http://www.dotsilver.com/dating-scam/2007-september/8838.html

http://www.dotsilver.com/dating-scam/2007-september/8847.html

http://www.dotsilver.com/dating-scam/2007-september/8849.html

http://www.dotsilver.com/dating-scam/2007-september/8854.html

http://www.dotsilver.com/dating-scam/2007-september/8859.html

http://www.dotsilver.com/dating-scam/2007-september/8860.html

Will Post for Food

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I posted one profile on Interpals and was buried in lads within 1 week. I am still baiting three from this initial set that I collected in early April. It takes a lot of patience to bait lads compared to vlads so they are not much fun in the beginning, but they tend to stick around and not twig.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

Mortar x3
Pith Helmet Banjul, The Gambia to Dakar, Senegal and back. 0usman C4mar4
redshoes17
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All my romance scammers are from Africa, Nigeria and Ghana.

Safari Dan Benin City to Lagos
Safari ARK Tamale to Kumasi
star Hello Kitty! Mortar x41
I don't need you alone for sex. w1l13

i was ashamed this money money was not in the system when we got there to cash it,it made me and my family lawyer look like little children Godwin

'because no one want your progress not every one want your goat to give birth to twins as the man who see tomorrow told me when i visit him in the shrine Godwin

i was rubbed by rubber last friday, they collectted all my money and my phones.
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

wayne wrote:

You're kidding me right??? 2/3 of the ones on dotsilver are Nigerian, even if they *claim* to be somewhere else.

Ah, but I'm only just learning the romance trade myself, I had no idea that African love scammers were so abundant!
All of mine so far have been Russian, would I be right in thinking the "females" are mainly Eastern bloc, and the males are more commonly African? Or does gender not matter?

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
wayne

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll talk you through the signs to show it's a lad profile. These are typical traits you'll see pop up time and time again.

http://www.dotsilver.com/dating-scam/2007-september/8829.html
Commonly used profile pic, typically laddish email address and starts sentences with "am" instead of "I am"

http://www.dotsilver.com/dating-scam/2007-september/8830.html
Odd name spelling, picture doesn't match the name's ethnicity (in the same way you wouldn't expect an Abacha or Soludo to be blonde haired and blue eyed) and "am" again to start the sentence.

http://www.dotsilver.com/dating-scam/2007-september/8838.html
4real is something we see a lot in lad email addresses. This one even messed that up.

http://www.dotsilver.com/dating-scam/2007-september/8847.html
As I said above, 4real is commonly used by lads. Pics are obviously stolen thumbnails of a model.

http://www.dotsilver.com/dating-scam/2007-september/8849.html
Who do you know with the first name Collins? Lads often mix first and last names up. That and the pic is VERY commonly used.

http://www.dotsilver.com/dating-scam/2007-september/8854.html
Again, stolen pics frequently used by lads.

http://www.dotsilver.com/dating-scam/2007-september/8859.html
Same as above.

http://www.dotsilver.com/dating-scam/2007-september/8860.html
Stolen model pics again, plus lads use "well" a lot to start a sentence in IM. It's as if they use it to give themselves a little more thinking time before replying.

After a while you can spot a lad profile a mile off. Vlad ones have telltale signs too. I'll explain them another day though.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Nigerian men all have common stories and occupations too. They're usually widowed or divorced and have custody of children. They're some sort of engineer and build bridges or roads. They travel a lot and are usually in Nigeria or some other country on business but will quickly make plans to come to you no matter where you are. Tell em you are in Armpit, USA and they'll send you confirmed flight reservations . . . just need money from you to pay for the tickets.

Their intro letters start out pretty fair with only a few common mistakes. Most don't capitalize I and use improper ellipses between sentences.....like this. They spell because either coz or bcoz. They confuse verb tenses a lot. 'I will be happy to known more about you.' But after the first contact most of them regress to atrocious grammar.

Here is a recent intro sent to me:

I wrote him back, "Wow, you sound like someone I'd like to get to know; almost too good to be true!"

He wrote back:

This guy needs to pay more for a decent script!

I can sniff them out by the first email 99% of the time but 1% maybe needs a second email.

My agent had a tribble actident.. he die on the process. ~M0s3s Ih3kw04b4

We two make compactible lovers. ~B!ll!e Vl4d!m!r J0nes

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The difference between Lads and Vlads

Lads seem to like the words, Bcos and soonest, they will often after a commer,or fullstop.not have a space between, they will often have a name with 2 first names "mark paul" and an 's' thrown in for good measure on the surname like"Davids", they will rarely use your name preferring to call you hunny rather than your name and they love their script, which by the way has reasonable spelling and grammer. The script often runs out in about 10 to 15 emails when all of a sudden your full page emails turn into a few lines. They often seem to have a limited supply of pictures to use and seem to be sparing in sending them to you. Lads, the female charactor ones at least dont want to talk on the phone and will generally avoid the subject of phone number

Vlads will almost always have Russian / Ukranian names and will use phrases like, "at me is a pleasant day", or "I like your structure", "I am girl of 27 years", I wish to find man for serious attitudes". Vlads will often use your name and in many cases will put your name in the script 5 or 6 times to make it seem more authentic, they seem more likely to read at least some of what you are writing at an early stage and will be early to answer questions allthough they seem to rarely answer all your questions and are brief in their answers. Vlads will often want to talk to you on a phone and will sometimes dump you for not having one, they are more insistent on getting a photo allthough if you dont send one they will generally forget for a while and ask for another photo in a week or so.

I man of your skills Mugatu it wont take you long to pick it up.

I am basing this on limited experience but the female lads, (real females I mean) are virtually non existent, while the Vlads seem to often be actuall females or a gang that has a female working for them at least.

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
redshoes17
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Murry Guru wrote:

I am basing this on limited experience but the female lads, (real females I mean) are virtually non existent, while the Vlads seem to often be actuall females or a gang that has a female working for them at least.

I thought the same, that real females are virtually non-existant. I have a friend that specializes in Nigerian females. He gets one to two a week off of PL or LL. They are willing to come on cam and talk on the phone. I've spoken to a couple of them myself. They all seem to have a similar story, from the US went to Nigeria to help a sick or dying relative, ran out of money, now they evil hotel manager is holding their passport until they come up with the funds to pay him.

Safari Dan Benin City to Lagos
Safari ARK Tamale to Kumasi
star Hello Kitty! Mortar x41
I don't need you alone for sex. w1l13

i was ashamed this money money was not in the system when we got there to cash it,it made me and my family lawyer look like little children Godwin

'because no one want your progress not every one want your goat to give birth to twins as the man who see tomorrow told me when i visit him in the shrine Godwin

i was rubbed by rubber last friday, they collectted all my money and my phones.
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Goes to show that I have plenty more to learn.

I had never heard of such a beast, I have played with a few romance lads and never suspected any of them actually being female, I will have to keep an eye out for them now.

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
wayne

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Your friend must be doing something right. I've only ever managed to get 2 Nigerian ladies on webcam. Plenty of Pinays, but only the 2 Nigerians. Phone calls mean nothing by the way. I've had women phone me, only for "her" to phone me a few days later and be a male doing a piss poor impression of a female.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic